Rate the trophy difficulty  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.07

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Vyrastas

• 6 months later...

10/10

There's an extremely nasty difficulty spike once you get to Advanced difficulty that even experienced SMB players will likely have a hard time overcoming, which isn't helped by the fact that unlike the GC SMB games, you can't unlock nearly as many extra lives or continues by the time you get to Advanced (for reference, SMB had unlockable unlimited continues, SMB 2 had up to 99 unlockable lives for each of your three continues, making for at least 297 lives, whereas this game has only 9 unlockable continues with three lives each, meaning you have 27 lives for Advanced mode, and I guarantee you that you'll lose two-thirds of them by the second world). That combined with the stupid Motion Simian trophy, which, while possibly obtainable in Practice (will never be able to confirm that, though), will still be frustrating due to the level design being more suited for a left stick.

For reference, I cleared Expert on both of the GC SMB games (albeit with many deaths) and I struggled severely on 1-10 and am stuck on 2-10 in Advanced in this game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

9.5/10

Clearing all stages without continues is definitely a tough challenge.

Newbies like me really need time to be familiar with those advanced and master stages.

However, the game does have some room for that.

As far as we really know how to pass every stage accurately, passing without continues is just a matter of time. You will find you still have some lives to spend :p

I found motion sensor is harder than l expected so don't look down to this trophy ;)

I spent a whole day just to pass advanced 5-5 and 5-9 with ms so l would say this trophy is comparable with SUPER MONKEY MASTER.