Which version?

Ruldra

I was kind of hoping for the Genesis/SMD version.

From what I recall it had a cool story element to it where you could upgrade your bike and save your progress (via password...). I don't know if the arcade version has any of that.

While the arcade version has none of the bike upgrade thing, the MD version is VERY slow paced and kills the game for me.

Man this game was legendary in the arcades.Back in the days this had a bike cabinet didnt it-an actual bike u sat on!!-they should release that as a peripheral lol.-i am glad it is the arcade version as the megadrive/genesis version didnt have the best graphics

While the arcade version has none of the bike upgrade thing, the MD version is VERY slow paced and kills the game for me.

I enjoyed the Genesis version. It was one of the first games released for the system and I liked starting out slow to get a feel for the tracks before hitting the max 255MPH (iirc). It didn't take long to build your bike to max, but it was a good feeling when you maxed it out and beat the game. It gave it some needed longevity missing from the arcade game.

It would be interesting if they were able to give us a SIXAXIS control mode option too.

On a semi-related note, I wish SNK/P would release Riding Hero for Neo-Geo Station. It's a true motorcycle RPG and cool multi-player (cabinet/cartridge linking capability). They would have to modify the code to allow for netplay though. Knowing the laziness of the current company they would probably screw it up or ignore it all together. :whistle:

Yeah arcade version - you even have to put coins in ;) (by pressing a button - don't force them in the ps3 disc slot...) AND it's in 3D!! Awesome. It's called SUPER Hang-On for a reason :) trophies come naturally as you play and it's a pleasure. Now if they could get their butt in gear and get this on the Vita with Outrun the world would be a better place.