A tip for when you find a rare/legendary flower

Fatty_Fatness

Not that there are that many people (or anyone?:rolleyes:) playing the game these days, but I think I have a pretty good tip for when you find a legendary, gold, or silver flower.

When one of these rare flowers is added to your garden, you will see the number of new flowers found (in red) over the garden icon in the game over screen. DO NOT press the garden or main menu icons... instead, if you press replay, you will go back to the game and play as normal. You can die and keep repeating, and the number of "new" flowers will remain (if you don't find any new flowers in the replay) or it will increase by the number of new flowers you do find.

The game will think that any new flowers that you haven't already seen in the garden were obtained in the last game you played, which means every replay will add those same new flowers to your garden.

This happened to me while I was farming storms after level 41 for "Zeus is Angry"... and I just happened to find a legendary flower during one of my restarts. Of course, I just kept playing... restarting and restarting, always noticing that red number over my garden icon but never going in to see which legendary flower I got. When I finally quit, I noticed I had 64 of one of the legendary flowers (the Udumbara). (64 is the max # of any single flower you can have.) Since you can breed legendary flowers, I quickly got Connoisseur and still had 50+ Udumbara to spare!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/gato_de_piso/vita/2013-04-04-070251_zps17d4c1ac.jpghttp://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i230/gato_de_piso/vita/2013-04-04-225458_zps22c5470b.jpg

I used this trick when I got some silver flowers, and quickly bumped their numbers to ~40-50, which was plenty to breed all the gold flowers I needed (of which I had none prior).

Anyways... hope this helps someone... and if not, it at least helped me.;)

Edited by Fatty_Fatness
Added some screenshots!

• 3 months later...

When one of these rare flowers is added to your garden, you will see the number of new flowers found (in red) over the garden icon in the game over screen. DO NOT press the garden or main menu icons... instead, if you press replay, you will go back to the game and play as normal. You can die and keep repeating

I totally confirm this, thanks for the awesome tip! :dance:

Was playing from lvl41 on easy, when suddenly got a parrot plant, my first rare flower. When i eventually ran out of lives, i hit Replay, played and by luck discovered mandragora-like. When i died, the red number was showing 2. After about 5 more replays i've had enough and visited my garden - it had 7 parrots and 2 mandrakes although i'm sure i have not seen them apart from the time i discovered them. Then it was just a matter of breeding.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I couldn't figure out how the hell I had gotten 64 of the one legendary flower while farming for the Zeus is Angry! trophy. I knew I had gotten the legendary flower to pop up twice during the run but did not want to leave to the main menu if it happened to mess up Zeus finally popping. This post explains it all. Thank you for the tip, even if it was after the fact!

I used the extra supply of the flower to breed the last legendary flower I needed and got my 100% :dance:

• 7 months later...