$19.99 with no platinum? Yeah right...

jefxfree

I have no availability to buy it as it has not been released to the UK/EU but I really think that choosing not to buy a game just because it lacks a platinum trophy is kind of sad really. I will be waiting for its release (if there will be one) in the EU/UK and buy it, it's not one of those things that affect a purchase for me.

I have no availability to buy it as it has not been released to the UK/EU but I really think that choosing not to buy a game just because it lacks a platinum trophy is kind of sad really. I will be waiting for its release (if there will be one) in the EU/UK and buy it, it's not one of those things that affect a purchase for me.

Being that in order to have a platinum the title must meet a certain criteria (i.e. length and in-depth gameplay) and this title doesn't have a platinum I'm left to assume that the title is both short and not as in-depth as other titles.

With that said $19.99 is a RIDICULOUS amount of money for a short PSN title.

It's pretty expensive even though it's about the same as an eight or twelve dollar PSN game.

It's still fun, looks good and offers some challenges here and there. (Damn you final boss!)

Yeah. I wont buy it unless it gets incredible reviews or it comes down in price. If I'm going to spend $20 on a vita game i'd rather get a full title. Not some title that has me beat the same missions a million times with a few branches to get all the endings.

I want to play it but not for the price.

Journey was $15 with no platinum and it could be 100%'d in an evening. And worth every penny. Whats $5 more? I guess gaming has changed nowadays. Gamer's don't play for games anymore, they play for trophies...
Sure if this game had a platinum you would see a lot more activity on this board but that extra five dollars does make a big deal. When a game has a platinum that usually tells us that it's a full fledged game. (A few games break this rule like Spare Parts and the Alien Breed series.)

This game offers as about much content as games like Shank, Dishwasher: Dead Samurai games and Bloodrayne Betrayal all of which are a bit cheaper. So if you wanted a side scrolling hack n' slash game it's obvious you should buy one of those as they offer just as much content for a cheaper price.

This game only has one mode. You can't do stage select, boss rush, gallery to rewatch the cutscenes or you can't even see the ranks you have achieved on any previous level to try and three star everything.

Someone on another site asked if they should get this game or Journey. I never said anything about them buying this game but that they should just wait for Journey to go on sale as PSN games on th PS3 will actually go on sale sometime in the future whereas Vita games don't have sales yet.

Obviously I enjoyed the game considering I got 100% in it but I honestly can't recommend it considering the price and what it offers. If this game either went on sale or got some free DLC of some kind then that may change things but as it is now the game is not worth a game and a half while just barely being a full game itself.

I understand and I wish it had platinum as well... I really dont understand why all games cant have platinum's. Who cares is they are psn or retail. Just dont miss out on a good game because of the corporate shortsightedness. I do think this game is a little too expensive though.

Edited by osakamitsu

Sure if this game had a platinum you would see a lot more activity on this board but that extra five dollars does make a big deal. When a game has a platinum that usually tells us that it's a full fledged game. (A few games break this rule like Spare Parts and the Alien Breed series.)

This game offers as about much content as games like Shank, Dishwasher: Dead Samurai games and Bloodrayne Betrayal all of which are a bit cheaper. So if you wanted a side scrolling hack n' slash game it's obvious you should buy one of those as they offer just as much content for a cheaper price.

This game only has one mode. You can't do stage select, boss rush, gallery to rewatch the cutscenes or you can't even see the ranks you have achieved on any previous level to try and three star everything.

Someone on another site asked if they should get this game or Journey. I never said anything about them buying this game but that they should just wait for Journey to go on sale as PSN games on th PS3 will actually go on sale sometime in the future whereas Vita games don't have sales yet.

Obviously I enjoyed the game considering I got 100% in it but I honestly can't recommend it considering the price and what it offers. If this game either went on sale or got some free DLC of some kind then that may change things but as it is now the game is not worth a game and a half while just barely being a full game itself.

Please dude spare me all this. You title first say $20.00 and no platinum then you type this speech. You buy games for trophies first then context later. If that's what you like to do with your money be my guess, but don't type a much of B.S. like we suppose to agree to this. I'm sure whoever does trophies don't really even care about a guideline or rule for it. You have some games that's 8 bucks with a plat. Then you have remakes that's $20.00 bucks without. You don't buy it cause it has no plat. Your business, but don't go on the internet explaining to everyone why you make your gaming decisions. YES I KNOW THIS IS A TROPHY SITE, but we all were gamings at 1 point first..

Please dude spare me all this. You title first say $20.00 and no platinum then you type this speech.
Um... I didn't make this thread?

You buy games for trophies first then context later. If that's what you like to do with your money be my guess, but don't type a much of B.S. like we suppose to agree to this.
Did you not read my post at all? I'm clearly more concerned about the content of the game than I am the trophies and considering I beat the game in about a day, it has very little content.

I'm sure whoever does trophies don't really even care about a guideline or rule for it. You have some games that's 8 bucks with a plat. Then you have remakes that's $20.00 bucks without. You don't buy it cause it has no plat. Your business, but don't go on the internet explaining to everyone why you make your gaming decisions. YES I KNOW THIS IS A TROPHY SITE, but we all were gamings at 1 point first..
You obviously didn't read any of my post and I like how you continually throw round the fact I'm a "platinum whore" despite the fact I only have one platinum and that was way back from when LittleBigPlanet came out.

OT: I am curious on if this is actually worth 20 dollars or if it should be 12 to 15 dollars instead.

I bought Super Stardust for 10 dollars and that's a game with a LOT of content. This game doesn't even seem to have that much content and it's twice as much. I'm interested in playing this but want to know if it's worth it or if I should just wait for a cheaper price.

my god...not buying a game because it does not have a platinum trophy...

I'll tell you what: I'm going to buy it this week. Cause it looks original AND the studio provided free DLC. Yes: free DLC.

I know I am on a trophy hunters forum (I am a hunter too), but who cares about the word "platinum" when the word "gaming" should be more important?

I ended up buying it. It is awesome. Short, but awesome.

And challenging...

Haven't reached 100% yet, not quite sure if it's still worth the price, but it's really fun.

Also, more OT, the Platinum (or lack thereof) shouldn't be the selling point. I enjoy getting Trophies (and Achievements on 360) but they are never the selling point. I'm not saying you should spend 20 dollars on this game, but choosing not to get it because it lacks a platinum means you're going to miss a rather fun game.

• 1 month later...

a plat in this game will be so hard, i think it was a blessing, i bet they will ask for 3 star everything if there was plat and that my friend is near impossible.

tho the game is amzing, the best games on the vita are sumioni and tales of blob

• 3 months later...

i put off buyin this game since release ... cause of it bein $20 ... but vita games runnin low at the moment ...

finally got it ... and have been lovin it ... very fun game to play ... actually problably one of the best ones vita original games i've played

would recommend it to anyone ... especially in this vita drought were having.

• 7 years later...