Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People?

There is a demo. Its like sam & max & monkey island, comedy puzzles. But try the demo first.

Ugh, I guess this is another psn game I'm not buying. Why do people pay $15 for games that talk and you click. You're supposed to play the game yourself. A click here and there while cartoon characters talk isn't fun. I'm gunna try the demo, hope it's at least funny unlike that sam and max game (that's the one with then dog right?)

I've played the demo for the 3rd episode because that's the first one I saw on the list. It's actually kinda fun cuz the voices are alright and the dialogue is funny, the problem is the targeting system when you want to select an item. It takes forever to finally target what you want to. It's annoying, might still get it though. There really needs to be better forums for these episodes. I don't know if I'm qualified to start trophy difficulty threads or anything.

I've played the demo for the 3rd episode because that's the first one I saw on the list. It's actually kinda fun cuz the voices are alright and the dialogue is funny, the problem is the targeting system when you want to select an item. It takes forever to finally target what you want to. It's annoying, might still get it though. There really needs to be better forums for these episodes. I don't know if I'm qualified to start trophy difficulty threads or anything.

So did you get it in the end?

I'm gunna try the demo, hope it's at least funny unlike that sam and max game (that's the one with then dog right?)
:eek: Blasphemy! It's time for a freelance police style beat-down for you buster!

http://www.gamingnexus.com/Images/Article/bpwtnm2699/1.jpg

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2010/02/Free%20commercial%20games/ART/Finished/SamMaxEp4--article_image.jpg

It's actually kinda fun cuz the voices are alright
Okay you have serious issues man. Sam & Max are hilarious and Strong Bad's voice is the kind of horrendous crap that makes me think maybe deaf people have it better than I do sometimes.

By the way, the forums are "dead" because the games just came out and they were just created, and even if that wasn't the case, that's no excuse to not use them when you know they are there.

Edited by mjc0961

I've played the demo for the 3rd episode because that's the first one I saw on the list. It's actually kinda fun cuz the voices are alright and the dialogue is funny, the problem is the targeting system when you want to select an item. It takes forever to finally target what you want to. It's annoying, might still get it though.

You hold R2 to show all the options and you cycle through them with L1/R1. Helped me get through the demo but I started to get tired of the game near the end of the demo maybe because it was 2 in the morning.

Okay you have serious issues man. Sam & Max are hilarious and Strong Bad's voice is the kind of horrendous crap that makes me think maybe deaf people have it better than I do sometimes.

By the way, the forums are "dead" because the games just came out and they were just created, and even if that wasn't the case, that's no excuse to not use them when you know they are there.

I'll disagree with you, I found Sam & Max AWFUL, it was boring and NOT funny. I loved Hit The Road, one of my all time favorites but this season put me to sleep to the point where I starting skipping the dialogue altogether. I think Sam & Max and Deathspank share the same type of humor in that certain people find it funny but others do not.

Strong Bad's voice is annoying but the "humor" is better in my opinion. I wouldn't avoid the episodes just because his voice sounds like it's scraping his tongue while snorting a line of coke.

It's a shame you'll avoid these games because you don't like the voice, I hated Sam's voice but I stuck through 5 sleep filled episodes in hopes it would get better, it didn't. :(

To each his own, that's really all it comes down to.

Ugh, I guess this is another psn game I'm not buying. Why do people pay $15 for games that talk and you click. You're supposed to play the game yourself. A click here and there while cartoon characters talk isn't fun. I'm gunna try the demo, hope it's at least funny unlike that sam and max game (that's the one with then dog right?)

Because some people like adventure games that bring back those old memories of gaming days gone by? You do realize that at one point graphical click and choose adventures were the dominant genre right?

It's not just "talk and you click", part of the enjoyment people get (myself included) is trying to figure out what item goes with what part, what puzzles can be solved without help, etc. These are notoriously difficult games without some sort of assistance, only those who stick with it get to enjoy the game from top to bottom.

Adventure games aren't for everyone, but saying it's just "talk and click" is saying FPS are just "shoot and kill".

I'll disagree with you, I found Sam & Max AWFUL, it was boring and NOT funny. I loved Hit The Road, one of my all time favorites but this season put me to sleep to the point where I starting skipping the dialogue altogether. I think Sam & Max and Deathspank share the same type of humor in that certain people find it funny but others do not.

Strong Bad's voice is annoying but the "humor" is better in my opinion. I wouldn't avoid the episodes just because his voice sounds like it's scraping his tongue while snorting a line of coke.

It's a shame you'll avoid these games because you don't like the voice, I hated Sam's voice but I stuck through 5 sleep filled episodes in hopes it would get better, it didn't. :(

To each his own, that's really all it comes down to.

Strong Bad doesn't really have any humor, unless naming his laptop "lappy" was supposed to be funny.

I blame that on the creators of Strong Bad though, not Telltale. Telltale is awesome, but even they can't do much with such shitty source material.

Strong Bad doesn't really have any humor, unless naming his laptop "lappy" was supposed to be funny.

I blame that on the creators of Strong Bad though, not Telltale. Telltale is awesome, but even they can't do much with such shitty source material.

Ouch, I thought the exact same of Sam & Max, I thought "surely they can't fuck this up, it's a classic, it's got a great legacy behind it...". I didn't find a single thing funny with it, seriously, not even one chuckle from me.

I thought SB's earliest emails (Quincy is destroying San Antonio, I am a Vampire and,), Trogdor before it got overused, Teen Girl Squad before it got annoying were all great spots.

Merchandising always tends to dilute quality however, I haven't seen any of the site since the early days so it's hard to say if my brand of humor exists with this season.

Again, it's all preference. I'm still willing to give S&M a shot again, albeit a small one.

To be honest none of the 5 Sam e Max episodes made me really laugh, and while I did like it I must say I was skipping most conversations midway thru them, starting from Episode 3...

What I did like a lot though was all the Monkey Island games... Never had played any before and I absolutely loved every single one...

Well, on topic now (:D) I got the Strongbad pack (I remember watching some of his cartoons some time ago in my old ipod) and so far its pretty ok...

Although I agree the voices are annoying I don't think that is much as a problem as all those flash-like animations with solid colors... Watching on my ipod wasn't a big deal, but playing this on my 32" tv gives me a headache after a while :p

If you never knew what Homestarrunner.com is then you should not bother with this game at all.

Actually, I would say this is a perfect opportunity to BECOME familiar with the web site. I hadn't heard of it until SBCG4AP was announced for WiiWare a couple of years ago, and that announcement lead me down the road to being a huge fan! I say if you're at all interested in this game but haven't been to the site, browse around there first, but don't just skip it altogether.

That's what I did, and I did play and enjoy SBCG4AP on WiiWare at release. I also downloaded and played through the series on PSN, now holding top place on all five 100% clubs. I'm not going to go to the trouble of writing my own Trophy walkthrough, because all the info you need is already readily available on Homestar Runner Wiki (search SBCG4AP to get the relevant posts), thanks to the Trophies being a straight-forward match to in-game completion requirements of previous versions (a welcome improvement over the inane Trophies from Tales of Monkey Island, IMO).

Ouch, I thought the exact same of Sam & Max, I thought "surely they can't fuck this up, it's a classic, it's got a great legacy behind it...". I didn't find a single thing funny with it, seriously, not even one chuckle from me.
I don't think you did. It sounds like you liked Sam & Max before playing the games. I'm saying I disliked Strong Bad before even touching these games, and they didn't do anything to change my mind because they still have that same Strong Bad brand of (non)humor. Good if you do like Strong Bad, bad if you don't.

(a welcome improvement over the inane Trophies from Tales of Monkey Island, IMO).
Inane trophies? I have no idea to what you refer, certainly nothing silly like scouring part 1 to figure out what stuff to throw and where. :whistle:

Can someone who was 100% on episode 1 help me out here? How do you increase your awesomeness level when you have already done everything? I have all the collectables, and I have done everything on the how much I rule chart and I still haven't reached Trogdor Polo Chucker (or whatever the final rank is). This is the last trophy until 100%. Thanks.

Edited by zachattacksox

@zachattacksox: Is every listing on your chart in green text, including Teen Girl Squad and Snake Boxer scores? That's the only way to get the top rank.

I got 100% about a day after I posted that. Turns out you had to have a time under 15 seconds for the race. I had just over 15 seconds and it was still green. That's what confused me.

I kinda want to get it but I'm thinking it will come out for free with ps plus. I really don't want to pay for something if I can get it for free, goes against my cheapskate personality

Even if it does come to PS+, you would just be renting it, seeing as your only allowed to use those "free items" so long as you are a PS+ member. So, if you quit or you don't renew, all that content you got from PS+ is unplayable until you get another subscription to replace the old one. It's basically renting games.

Sorry for going off topic there :p

I bought these episodes from the PS Store, and so far I'm really glad I did. All of that hilarious humor from the website brought into video game form.... with trophies!