Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut, your impressions and my thoughts

PixelPro

What do you guys and gals think? I heard this is the supperior edition on all platforms due to tweaks etc hence Directors cut edition.

Hopefully it will be edited as such because this isnt the launch edition vanilla strike zero.

Anyways,with lack of platinum trophy aside,are you enjoying this game?

I had spent some time via pc version and the visuals were great and supposedly more polished in the PS4 version. I also noticed spikes of difficulties but i enjoy a challenge so as long as its hard due to level design / a.i being on point rather than say CoD invisble bullets when playing on hardcore settings.

I amdef thinking about getting this, mot sure if it has a mp , i think it does but im not sure. I have only played a bit of campaign ( pc version and not Directors cut obviously) and read up on this game.

Love to hear your thoughts as well as campaign length on normal/hard setting

I just started so I can't comment much on length, but it is pretty fun so far. The trophies don't seem overly difficult and the game itself is a fair difficulty IMO. I haven't played the PC version, so I can't compare it to that, but I have heard it is still fairly short in this iteration as well.

Hey there, thanks for your input.

I know there are about 13 -16 chapterswith lots of "destroy the turrets" objectives but for the money i think its worth it because from what i played, saw and heard the game presents great atmosphere with directors cut now allowing to have cockpit view early in the game adding even more immersion and feeling of virtual speed etc.. Im gonna grab it, was going to buy BF4 premium but i will prob put that off and get this and strider and save the rest to put towarss realm reborn sub.. Thanks again friend.

well i have about 55 psn and i am either going to get this and strider /steamdig or bf4 premium which has awesome new maps and trophies but the game is still broken in many areas but getting better, any suggestions? noticed easter sale :) Thnx for your time, PP

Hi, as everyone is giving their thoughts on the game etc, i have not got the game yet, but thinking of getting as it looks pretty good.

Can i just ask about the control set-up, can the flight controls on the controller be changed if needed?

As i like Invert Y Axis i think it's called, where if you look down or go down you push up/forward & to look up or go up you push down/back....Thanks..:)

Hi, as everyone is giving their thoughts on the game etc, i have not got the game yet, but thinking of getting as it looks pretty good.

Can i just ask about the control set-up, can the flight controls on the controller be changed if needed?

As i like Invert Y Axis i think it's called, where if you look down or go down you push up/forward & to look up or go up you push down/back....Thanks..:)

I can confirm Y-axis can be inverted in the game.

I really think this game is dull at best. The Transformation-feature is cool, and the basics is acceptable, but the game keeps repeating itself for ages. The missions are basically the same and the objectives doesn't change much.

Strike Suit Zero DC isn't worth the money at the moment.

• 5 months later...

Bought during the sale and i must say this is first game i've regretted buying. I quite like arcade style flight games (sci-fi included) but this game doesn't do it for me.

Also while playing through some missions last night my FPS started hitting <30 and im starting to worry there is something wrong with the system. I came from PC gaming into the PS4 and usually i would be trying all sorts to figure out the problem but cannot do that with console. Cannot even check/re-paste the APU as it would void warranty (i guarantee the thermal paste on everyones PS4 is absolute crap too).

• 3 months later...

Interesting game. :applause: Got it on flash sale for about 3-5ish bucks so can't really complain. Great backgrounds but I suck at this genre of game. Very anime/oriental soundtrack IMO (from what I've heard from playing so far) Nevertheless, I will try and get all the trophies for it. I think its fun. Not bad for how cheap it was.

• 3 weeks later...

I think this game could have used a more in-depth tutorial level. There's no explanation of how to switch weapons, there's no explanation of the difference in what the two analog sticks control, and there's very limited explanation of targeting options. I normally don't need lengthy tutorials, but I feel like this game erred on the side of not enough. By mission 4, I'm just feeling like I'm kinda getting the hang of how to pilot these ships -- and I still feel like I'm missing a lot of the finer points. No way am I going to bother trying to 100% this game -- it's OK, but definitely not worth the time and frustration for me.

• 1 month later...

I craved for a space shooter and this game went on sale at the right time so I bit instantly - went in with lots of excitement but after 4-5 missions, it became really repetitive and dull. At this point, it's just a trophy grind for me and I'm beginning to think it's not even worth that :(