SFxT Tournament

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/arena/145478-vote-fighting-game-tournament-but-game.html

It was a vote to determine which games to have for the tournament. It is about to begin. Depending on how smoothly it goes, we might have a tournament again. Then you may suggest that game.

But SCV has most votes there? Or is this for future tourney?

If all goes well with recent tournaments and there is much demand then Olsen may do more tournaments. So there might be a SFXTK and SSF4

I left a lengthy reply in response to future tournaments, if one did happen I think there should be a vote between the 3 Cacpom games (SFxT/AE 2012/UMvC3) and between the 3 Arc System Work titles (Blazblue Extend/Guilty Gear (if out by then)/Persona 4 Arena) to give the tournament alittle balance between top played titles.

I left a lengthy reply in response to future tournaments, if one did happen I think there should be a vote between the 3 Cacpom games (SFxT/AE 2012/UMvC3) and between the 3 Arc System Work titles (Blazblue Extend/Guilty Gear (if out by then)/Persona 4 Arena) to give the tournament alittle balance between top played titles.

well for the capcom ones UMvC3 has hardly anyone playing it so that shouldn't be included and for the arc blazblue seems like the only viable option

well for the capcom ones UMvC3 has hardly anyone playing it so that shouldn't be included and for the arc blazblue seems like the only viable option

I greatly beg to differ sir, there's still alot of people playing UMvC3 these days if anything Street Fighter x Tekken would be the candidate to be dropped between the Capcom fighters IMO. It seems most players just went back to AE 2012 instead of sticking it out with the new game but like I said that's why a vote is in order.

As for Arc System Work, as I mentioned in the post Blazblue is slowly dying and a majority of its own players can agree that we just want our direct sequel already. People still play but if Guilty Gear hits PSN or if Persona 4 Arena is out by the time another tournament is done I would highly recommend choosing between the two of them instead. Quite frankly most players within the BB community prefer GG over BB even alot of players who go into the games through BB first and Persona 4 is looking to play more like Guilty more so than Blazblue is, it even went so far as to take Blazblues place at SBO this year in Japan.

Right now theyre currently seeing how the current tournament plays out and I wouldn't expect the PS3T staff to do another one anytime soon especially with the failure the voting system had (the most voted game only had 4 signups). When (if) they do another tournament and have votes done I hope they make the voting public to filter out votes from users who don't even own the games they're voting on.

I would probably recommend the staff consider doing votes on another tournament in the fall when Persona/Guilty Gear comes out as well as SFxT's DLC characters ... giving the games time to age within the FGC and see how numbers look at mulitple tournaments.

Edited by Setsuna

I greatly beg to differ sir, there's still alot of people playing UMvC3 these days if anything Street Fighter x Tekken would be the candidate to be dropped between the Capcom fighters IMO. It seems most players just went back to AE 2012 instead of sticking it out with the new game but like I said that's why a vote is in order.

As for Arc System Work, as I mentioned in the post Blazblue is slowly dying and a majority of its own players can agree that we just want our direct sequel already. People still play but if Guilty Gear hits PSN or if Persona 4 Arena is out by the time another tournament is done I would highly recommend choosing between the two of them instead. Quite frankly most players within the BB community prefer GG over BB even alot of players who go into the games through BB first and Persona 4 is looking to play more like Guilty more so than Blazblue is, it even went so far as to take Blazblues place at SBO this year in Japan.

Right now theyre currently seeing how the current tournament plays out and I wouldn't expect the PS3T staff to do another one anytime soon especially with the failure the voting system had (the most voted game only had 4 signups). When (if) they do another tournament and have votes done I hope they make the voting public to filter out votes from users who don't even own the games they're voting on.

I would probably recommend the staff consider doing votes on another tournament in the fall when Persona/Guilty Gear comes out as well as SFxT's DLC characters ... giving the games time to age within the FGC and see how numbers look at mulitple tournaments.

sorry setsuna but I disagree the UMvC3 online community is mostly gone except for mexico and south america and persona 4 arcade and guilty gear are not even on PS3

sorry setsuna but I disagree the UMvC3 online community is mostly gone except for mexico and south america and persona 4 arcade and guilty gear are not even on PS3

Thats because its online, no one enjoys online especially with lag everywhere , the game is still quite strong in the FGC. I mentioned them looking into the future (not to sound rude but you should probably re read the original lengthy post and the recent response), I'm speaking for a tournament that would be held later within the year like in early or late Fall, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core + was already announced a release on PSN however the date has yet to be revealed so hopefully it will hit sometime around that time at the very least and Persona 4 Arena already has a US Street Date for August of this year.

Edited by Setsuna