Hackers unlock the 12 new characters, use them on Xbox Live

BullSh!t. How can they ban you for hacking what you paid for. The items are on the disc, so how is that illegal?

I agree with this ^^. Them hacking it to get the characters earlier doesnt make them any better or make any difference to the game whatsoever. I understand if these hackers were using techniques like godmode or 1 hit kill stuff but they aint. I see no harm in this.

The items are on the disc, so how is that illegal?

Straight from the Xbox LIVE EULA (emphasis mine):

14. Service Operation and Equipment.

You may only access the Service with an Authorized Device or by logging into your account via the World Wide Web. You agree that: (I) you are using only authorized software and hardware to access the Service; (ii) your software and hardware have not been modified in any unauthorized way (e.g., through unauthorized repairs, unauthorized upgrades, or unauthorized downloads); and (iii) we have the right to send data, applications or other content to any software or hardware that you are using to access the Service for the express purpose of detecting an unauthorized modification. You must not attempt to disassemble, decompile, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, modify, further sublicense, distribute, or use for other purposes the Service, any game, application, or other content available or accessible through the Service, or any hardware associated with the Service or with an Authorized Device. If you do so, we may cancel your account and your ability to access the Service, and pursue other legal remedies. We may take any legal action we deems appropriate against users who violate our systems or network security, this contract or any additional terms incorporated or referenced in this contract. Such users may also incur criminal or civil liability.

The PSN EULA also has several clauses related to this kind of thing.

6. You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Entertainment Network or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Entertainment Network (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).

7. You must not modify or attempt to modify the [...] disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Entertainment Network for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.

8. You must not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature or attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Sony Entertainment Network or any Service (unless permitted by applicable law).

You have to agree to these terms before your account on either service can be created.

I agree with this ^^. Them hacking it to get the characters earlier doesnt make them any better or make any difference to the game whatsoever. I understand if these hackers were using techniques like godmode or 1 hit kill stuff but they aint. I see no harm in this.

The problem is that you aren't entitled to everything on the disc. Imagine they did a digital release of Street Fighter X Tekken. They would simply allow you what regular people have now, and when the DLC arrives, we have to pay to get those new characters as well as download the data. Being on the disc doesn't mean we paid for it; it was just conveniently stored there until it's time for its release.

It's exactly the same as downloading a demo from the PSN store. You're actually downloading the entire game, but you're only allowed to play a portion of it and needed to purchase a key to access everything else. Can you really justify that because you downloaded the demo that you're entitled to everything in the file just because it so happens that the entire game is actually in the demo download?

The problem is that you aren't entitled to everything on the disc. Imagine they did a digital release of Street Fighter X Tekken. They would simply allow you what regular people have now, and when the DLC arrives, we have to pay to get those new characters as well as download the data. Being on the disc doesn't mean we paid for it; it was just conveniently stored there until it's time for its release.

It's exactly the same as downloading a demo from the PSN store. You're actually downloading the entire game, but you're only allowed to play a portion of it and needed to purchase a key to access everything else. Can you really justify that because you downloaded the demo that you're entitled to everything in the file just because it so happens that the entire game is actually in the demo download?

this guy is exactly right also u can be banned for any reason by the company with no notice

The fact that you paid for the disc, doesn't mean the locked characters are part of the initial game.

If people are angry about the on-disc, locked content for which they said they paid for, I'd like to ask the question: Would you be less angry if Capcom released the characters (who were already ready to be put on disc, but locked) seperately on a later date for which you needed to download an update of a couple hundred mb's?

I find it odd that the pure fact that they already put them on the disc if that much of a deal. They could have just release them later in an update, which would come down to the same thing, but now you won't have to download them if you want to buy them.

Furthermore, I believe the extra characters wouldn't be made in the first place if DLC wasn't as 'popular' as it is nowadays. If it wasn't, then the main roster was still as large as it is now, so in my opinion the 12 characters which will be sold as DLC must be purely viewed as extra content. Not content that would have been in the main game, but has been left out of.

And it all comes down to: if you don't agree with it don't buy it. Simple as that :)

As for the hackers, the only reason someone would report them is as a rage response after a match I reckon :)

We aren't angry about the DLC beeing on disc. We are angry about that Capcom lets us pay for content allready finished on game release.

We're angry about that the hackers can use the contend we the honest customers have to wait.

We all know its the new strategy to make us pay more to cut things out finished games and let us pay for that, but at least don't make it that obvious....

I'm angry and as consequence i didn't buy SXT.

We aren't angry about the DLC beeing on disc. We are angry about that Capcom lets us pay for content allready finished on game release.

So Capcom should wait with making the extra content until the game is released? So the team that is developing the game should just stop and say: 'Oh wait, we can build these characters yet, because we have to wait until the game is released!'? That's would be ridiculous really. When a team is working on a project and is into it, it's best to develop it straight away.

Also, the number fighters currenty 'unlocked' in the game is large and varied enough to pass as being finished. If the extra characters weren't found/mentioned I don't think anyone would suspect them from being there :).

We aren't angry about the DLC beeing on disc.

We're angry about that the hackers can use the contend we the honest customers have to wait.

That's indeed something that can't be helped it you put locked content on disc. Can't argue with you there :).

We aren't angry about the DLC beeing on disc. We all know its the new strategy to make us pay more to cut things out finished games and let us pay for that, but at least don't make it that obvious....

You say things are 'cut out of finished games'. So you know for a fact that these characters were meant to be in the initial game? If there were only 10 to 20 playable characters in the game that would have made sense, but a game with 38 (or 40 for PS3) fighters can't be called an unfinished game can it?

We aren't angry about the DLC beeing on disc.

I'm angry and as consequence i didn't buy SXT.

That's the only right course of action if you feel that way.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some Capcom representative :), but I try to look at it from a developer's point of view.

I'm a customer so i'll use that PoV ;P

And the contend IS finished and IS (proved) working so it IS cut out of the game ;P

It's 'cut' from your idea of the full game :). In my view it's not cut at all. And ofcourse it's working, else it worthless to put on disc wouldn't it?

Although they could have done a better job protecting the content from hackers perhaps :).

It all comes down to the simple question: what is in the 'full game'? That's more or less for the developer to decide. I stick to my opinion that people wouldn't have missed the extra characters if they wouldn't have been added in the first place.

Not eager to buy them myself really, since I can enjoy myself very well with the initial cast.

It's 'cut' from your idea of the full game :). In my view it's not cut at all. And ofcourse it's working, else it worthless to put on disc wouldn't it?

I'm an oldschool gamer so my idea of a full game is "Full" ;P

And it's not my idea of the full SXT it's capcoms ;P

I'm just glad they took this route instead of just making "super" or "ultimate" next year... Hearing this news actually compelled me to buy the game because after getting sf4 I felt kinda shafted when ssf4 came out so as badly as I wanted mvc 3 I stuck it out til umvc3 came out and was going to do the same for this

So when are we expected to be able to buy these characters? and has anybody heard how they are planning on selling them? (individually or in bundles) Also a little of topic but when are they patching this damn online music problem? (you know what I'm talking about if you've played online)

All of these questions are answered here: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/street-fighter-x-tekken/150790-dlc-plans-detailed-lots-free-stuff-coming.html