All missions cleared!

SiC

Just got the trophy. Some tips, nothing special.

#03 - chun/cammy: target combo > cr. hp cancel to SBK call cammy and pull the super art. easy 25+ hits

#06 - ryu/ken: catch the "zoomed" limbs with SRK

#12 - ryu/ken: activate the cross assault and do a cross up to confuse the enemy.

#13 - vega: walk away and ignore the sonic booms with the backflip. if you cornered use wall jump or flying barcelona.

#16 - gief: sacrifice partner and do a very quick super art. i used gem #024!

#17 - hugo-gief: tactic: patience + a LOT of 360 throws. #161, 181 and 009!

#18 - gief: zoning + 360 throw. but i think it's "safer":

#20 - pick your best team. use your ex-bars wisely and check your health! i used gem #161, 181 and 009

All on the others i used my currently main team.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any tips for Mission 19? I SPD Ogre to death with little to no health loss, but Akuma manages to dp or worse use his super on me for that to work. Doesn't help that he regains health so fast. Which characters/gems/strategy did you use?

Any tips for Mission 19? I SPD Ogre to death with little to no health loss, but Akuma manages to dp or worse use his super on me for that to work. Doesn't help that he regains health so fast. Which characters/gems/strategy did you use?

Yeah, i'd like a magic defeat Akuma tip as well for this. Zangief + Hugo handles Ogre really well, but after I get Akuma passed half health all hell breaks loose and he ends up regaining most everything back if I live long enough to see it happen, and Hugo isn't the greatest against Akuma, least not how I play, lol.

Dan gave a hint about the auto block, which might render Akuma's Super ineffective? Haven't tested it out though.

Edited by Sidizenkain

I thought mission 19 was pretty easy using Ryu and Ken. If you keep your distance from Akuma he will throw fireballs and give you free jump ins. He will occasionally use misogi which can be punished after block. If he tries to rush you down just run away as best you can and get him to throw fireballs again. Pressuring him won't work well consistently and air to air will result in you eating ex tatsu.

I just took whatever he gave me. Only other thing I can think of is not raw tagging unless your second character has full health or something. Akuma will probably misogi them on entry. Did this mission with default gems.

Edited by Zagi

So, i decided to start the missions today to see what they were like. Thank goodness that we don't have to gold rank all the missions, that would be ridiculous!

Anyway got up to mission 17. Just 4 more to go. But was curious, does anyone have gold rank strategy tips?

I always seem to get silver on the multi-fight ones. I guess it doesn't really matter but wondering what other people are getting.

How convenient, he clear all missions, make 1 thread with barely useful info and no longer come back.

It's not his job to come back and check on the thread. He gave tips, that's more than anyone can ask of him. And why are you even in this thread? I thought you said this game was super easy, why don't you give your 2 cents about the missions?

It's not his job to come back and check on the thread. He gave tips, that's more than anyone can ask of him. And why are you even in this thread? I thought you said this game was super easy, why don't you give your 2 cents about the missions?

Its easy to make AI overpowered or make them have perfect reaction.

Doesn't change the fact that this game is made for casuals who couldn't combo in SSFIV.

Everyone can do the same combo here, LP, MP, HP, Launcher just like in MvC3, a game made for little kids. Or Super Art no longer being Double Motion because again, the little kids couldn't do it.

When there characters like Toro, Kuno, fat Mega Man & Pac-Man, you know this game is a joke and not a serious competitive fighting game.

Look at SSFIV, the game take great skills but the AI is pathetic easy and predictable.

Use common sense next time, child.

Edited by ChrisBalrog

Doesn't change the fact that this game is made for casuals who couldn't combo in SSFIV.

Everyone can do the same combo here, LP, MP, HP, Launcher just like in MvC3, a game made for little kids. Or Super Art no longer being Double Motion because again, the little kids couldn't do it.

When there characters like Toro, Kuno, fat Mega Man & Pac-Man, you know this game is a joke and not a serious competitive fighting game.

Look at SSFIV, the game take great skills but the AI is pathetic easy and predictable.

The AI does not have perfect reactions. You thinking they do really shows that you know nothing about this game.

Yeah, everyone do chain combos, that's the way to go! Links produce more damage, and most chains aren't safe on block, or true block strings. Honestly, if someone does decide to do L, M, H, launcher, you should be glad they can't do anything more.

I don't know you're still going on about getting rid of double motions. Being double motion or not doesn't really have any bearing on difficulty of a game. You thinking it somehow contributes to your elite status makes you even dumber than I thought.

The existence of guest characters does not dictate whether a game is serious, competitive or both. The community will decide that. Soul Calibur 5 is fairly successful, having some of the biggest pot bonuses in most Road to Evo events. Mortal Kombat 9 enjoyed a nice competitive stint.

SSFIV does not take great skill. 3S takes great skill. SSFIV pales in comparison. I think you're better off just sticking to SSFIV instead of these games based on how much you jockride it.

I'm probably older than you. You're like what? 11, 12? I can't imagine you being any older than an immature prick.

Edited by diabolix

dude what are you talking about???? SSF4 did not have any hard links the only somewhat difficult things were comboing honda's hand slaps nothing else their were no hard links besides honda and ibuki and in SSF4 you can turtle the entire match but if somebody turtles in this game chances are they will get destroyed

This guy has some good tips.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLAX11bowlo&feature=relmfu]Street Fighter X Tekken: Mission 06 - Penetrating Eyes - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_rQaCVwFt4&feature=relmfu]Street Fighter X Tekken: Mission 08 - Special Battle - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7iQlW_t9s&feature=relmfu]Street Fighter X Tekken: Mission 10 - The Last Stand - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s-u4O42Qnc&feature=relmfu]Street Fighter X Tekken: Mission 12 - Raging Assault - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGXc386JVPw&feature=relmfu]Street Fighter X Tekken: Mission 13 - Catch Me If You Can - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe the op can put it on first post.

Edited by DPatriot

I beat 19 in 2 tries (took 2 to beat Ogre, then Akuma was cake), and 20 in 2 tries because I tried the first one with no life regen gems, but I'm stuck on 17. If I go with Zangief/Hugo, then I can't get past Zangief because I can't react in time to whiffed green hand into SPD. If I go Ryu/Ken, then I can't beat Marduk because he actually blocks intelligently.

I beat 19 in 2 tries (took 2 to beat Ogre, then Akuma was cake), and 20 in 2 tries because I tried the first one with no life regen gems, but I'm stuck on 17. If I go with Zangief/Hugo, then I can't get past Zangief because I can't react in time to whiffed green hand into SPD. If I go Ryu/Ken, then I can't beat Marduk because he actually blocks intelligently.

You can trick Marduk if you play as Ryu. If you're separated by about 60% of the screen, do a Hadoken and charge it to become the super (any closer Marduk will punish you, any farther, he'll jump over it). Typically Marduk only walks forward, and never really jumps (he really only jumps to evade fireballs and supers). So as you're charging, Marduk should be walking forward, when he gets into range, he'll do his spinning backfist that has armor. Just let go of the charge or if you're almost done charging, keep holding it. You'll hit him with an EX Hadouken or a Super Art. Just rinse and repeat.

60% of the screen is actually perfect range for him to hit with that spinning backfist... I'll have to play with it some, but Hugo is also insane. He just walks up to you, stops, does nothing, then instantly reacts to whatever you throw. If I can knock him down I mostly win, but that first knockdown isn't very easy...

60% of the screen is actually perfect range for him to hit with that spinning backfist... I'll have to play with it some, but Hugo is also insane. He just walks up to you, stops, does nothing, then instantly reacts to whatever you throw. If I can knock him down I mostly win, but that first knockdown isn't very easy...

In my defense, I said about lol. Point is, you want him to be relatively far away, but not full screen. He'll walk at you, you'll see the spinning backfist coming, and you can get a super on him or in the very least an EX fireball. Most of the time I activate my Super Art just as his backfist is about to hit me.

But I feel your pain. This was definitely the hardest mission for me.

For Marduk, I guess you want him about 1 step in from full screen to get a super charge. Any closer and I don't trust my reflexes. But getting to that distance safely without him spamming the crap out of the backfist against me in the corner is tricky and I time out more often than I win... and I lose more often than either of those... This mission alone bumps the difficulty high for me.

and even when I win Zangief just tears me apart... I really hope I don't have to fight Abel too.

For 19 and 20, all I do is deep crossup j.mk c.lk c.mk c.hk repeat. If its blocked, then shoryu because they almost always counter attack.

For mission 17, guiles cheese tactics still work on ai grapplers in this game. Play mid-full screen. throwing booms @ at that distance makes them jump 95% of the time giving you free spinning backfist (f.FP) everytime. just adjust to their neutral jumps and don't whiff when they do or just don't attack at all, if whiffed they use max range grabs on you. Use all atk gems (normal hit, special hit required ones).

Im having a hard time with 17 and 19... 20 I know I can probably do I just wish I knew how many characters im playing against...

I tried Hugo/Zangief but the characters get smart after king and they wont fall for the 360+k from hugo and they start blocking Zangiefs lariats...

for 19 Ogre fallls for the 360+k from hugo but you have to time it rght, Akuma on the other hand he is programmed to make you screw yourself... >.>

Im having a hard time with 17 and 19... 20 I know I can probably do I just wish I knew how many characters im playing against...

I tried Hugo/Zangief but the characters get smart after king and they wont fall for the 360+k from hugo and they start blocking Zangiefs lariats...

for 19 Ogre fallls for the 360+k from hugo but you have to time it rght, Akuma on the other hand he is programmed to make you screw yourself... >.>

lariat works on hugo, hes probably the easiest one of mission 17, play full screen and hell whiff his air grab all the time for free lariat into juggle.

What did you do for 19 & 20?

Orge is pretty easy to deal with. Just use a Tekken character with a decent overhead, and try to go for cross-ups a lot.

Akuma, don't stand to close to him, don't try to air to air. Standing close means he'll probably throw out some safe pokes, and air to air will make you eat an EX tatsu. If you stand at the right position away from him, he'll throw a fireball, jump over, and punish him with a full combo. He likes to throw out Misugi and Raging Demon a lot, you can try to jump over the raging demon and punish it, Misugi just block it and then in recovery, you can walk up to him and get a full punish.

For mission 20, the AI doesn't really block overheads. Heihachi will eat everyone up all day, except for Ryu/Ken, and Akuma/Orge. You just have to play smart against the last 2 teams, but shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by diabolix

For Marduk, I guess you want him about 1 step in from full screen to get a super charge. Any closer and I don't trust my reflexes. But getting to that distance safely without him spamming the crap out of the backfist against me in the corner is tricky and I time out more often than I win... and I lose more often than either of those... This mission alone bumps the difficulty high for me.

and even when I win Zangief just tears me apart... I really hope I don't have to fight Abel too.

For 19 and 20, all I do is deep crossup j.mk c.lk c.mk c.hk repeat. If its blocked, then shoryu because they almost always counter attack.

Maybe you can use the Super Easy Input gem? I found it useful to finishing this trial. Or, if you're perfect on doing standing 360s, you won't need it.

Using the Super Easy Input Gem, I used Hugo (Super Easy Input, Harmonize, Life Force) and Ryu (Whatever you want lol):

King: Just do Up + any kick, and you'll do meat squasher. When you land the first one, just do the next one before he gets up. There's almost nothing King can do.

Hugo: The hard part if getting the first piledriver (Up + and punch). Once you do that, just hold up diagonal. You'll jump when you land, throw out a kick, and then when you land, just do another piledriver. Hugo shouldn't be able to do anything except use his anti-air grab to get away from you. But when he does, he lands on the other side. His recovery from this move lets you just get another piledriver out and he'll still get grabbed.

Marduk: I say work on reaction timing with Ryu. It's a little harder to piledriver Marduk.

Zangief: Pretty much the same strategy as Hugo, but it won't always work cause he can do his 5-frame piledriver. But if you have enough health, you should be okay. Also if you have 3 meters, I'd do a cross assault to transfer soem help from you partner to Hugo if he's low on life.