Do you hate this game?

AlexanderWTF221

I did everything that is required except for one lousy hard trial...

Titles... done

Icons... done

Gen Hard trial #5 NOT DONE!!

I am stuck at 91% and if i can get this trial done... i would be the happiest person ever!!

I like SF4 but the trials killed at least 91% of the love i had for this game franchise.

I gave up on the platinum a long time ago... I can pick it up again but...its just that i cannot turbo Gen's punches quick enough.

NO! I love this game. I probably won't Plat it and it is frustrating but the trials are making me a much better player. I've learnt about negitive edge, chains and links and a load of other techniques I was unaware of.

Plus I can always work out why I failed an attempt at a trial there hasn't been one where I couldn't.

If I do get Platinum I will be very happy but if not I will still be happy.

I even got SSF4 to play!

u hate it because u can't plat????wtf??u play for fun or for trophies??

Agree

I just borrowed this game from my friend and WOW the gameplay is so smooth, the controller is very sensitive which make the combo excution very fast. Iam NOOB at this game it feels like new universe I need to learn.

I dont know if I ever can get the plate, but regardless the game is astonishing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The real problem with this game imo is its lack of new players so multiplayer is very punishing. I mean 10 games in a row is impossible when every 2 or 3 games i meet people 3K+ battle points. And generally i got around 35% win ratio and 350 games so far. The thing is i dont really enjoy losing that much and i cant really improve at multiplayer when i always meet die hard fans. I guess ssfiv should be more noob friendly that this one.

Trials are really hard and demand you spend many hours practicing but then its more a matter how dedicated you are and how many hours you willing to invest on those. I got a stick btw and those trials are still really hard.

But generally speaking is a great game that takes a lot of skill to master and a really bad choice for trophy hunters :) so i understand the frustration of people trying to plat this.

I think what really fucks me off about this game since i've started playing it again lately is I can slap anyone I know senseless at it but yet even as fast as I input the commands when doing trials it either won't execute the move or do something completely different, my other favorite out come is a total delay on the move like it doesn't recognise the command or Dan comes with a block out of nowhere. I have smashed many a controller before investing in a stick, this hasn't helped me much either and i've yet to meet someone who can execute the commands with enough profeciency to complete the trials yet i've seen the fools with plats. I thought the point of the trial would be to make the game accessible and help you learn not make it completely out of reach for the intermediate player

Well it takes a lot of time to get the execution right. Try going to the training mode and just do same thing again and again and watch what you are doing wrong. Trials demand a lot of practice. Dont think you will just finish them in a week or something. Some of them it may take you an hour and for some of them it may take you a week of frustration. Its all about patience. There is a reason this game is rated as the 4th harder platinum ever in ps3.

• 2 weeks later...
I think what really fucks me off about this game since i've started playing it again lately is I can slap anyone I know senseless at it but yet even as fast as I input the commands when doing trials it either won't execute the move or do something completely different, my other favorite out come is a total delay on the move like it doesn't recognise the command or Dan comes with a block out of nowhere. I have smashed many a controller before investing in a stick, this hasn't helped me much either and i've yet to meet someone who can execute the commands with enough profeciency to complete the trials yet i've seen the fools with plats. I thought the point of the trial would be to make the game accessible and help you learn not make it completely out of reach for the intermediate player

Mostly this.. Insanely lenient often inconvenient even retarded buffering that often times results in 1 shoryuken from the dpad = qcf x2 super. All the shortcuts especially for the shoryuken just make it more annoying... :dance:

Edited by xilsilencer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only game that made me go from calm, cool, and excited to play the match to breaking a controller off the floor (xbox360), literally within ~15-20 seconds.

Best part was, it was a local match best of two round, and it was only the first round so it wasn't truly over.

But after the controller broke, it was over.

i'm also new to the fighting game genre, but I'm pretty sure SF4 is one of the most noob friendly fighters in recent memory. If you think this game is hard, then you should just stick to FPS lol.

SFIV noob friendly? Are we playing the same game?

Its one of the harder games to learn to play. Challenges take forever to do and make most of the people to quit on them. Online is also very punishing. Takes a lot of time to start winning as very few casual players play sfiv. Most of them play ssfiv. Most of the players that left playing this are hardcore with hundreds of hours played. So if you are basically new to the game good luck with the online. Also a lot of those people use sticks.

And i seriously doubt you havent spent endless hours trying those challenges again and again at least until you learn how to execute them as everybody else.