Survival Level 19 - How to get the GOLD!

ripacrombie

As everyone may know, out of all the challenges (in my opinion), this was the hardest. Zangiefs cheesy spinning lariet did now work due to the rules of "No Specials" for this challenge. I spent a long time trying to complete this, and I finally did last night. It was very easy using the following gameplan. I created this thread to help others that may be having issues getting GOLD in this challenge...

Play with Akuma. His HK(High Kick) delivers two shots and breaks through all focus attacks (except Goukens rediculous one where he knocks you all the way across the freaking screen). Akuma's Super and Ultra deliver amazing damage and cannot be blocked as well. Anyway, this is my strat...

VEGA:

Just continuously hold forward and tap the high kick. You'll eventually get him in the corner and deliver some serious damage with your HK combination.

NOTE: It is very easy to finish Vega off with a Perfect, so you must let Vega give you some damage for this strategy. You will see why as you read on. Try to get your revenge meter half way up. If you do this, when the round is over your health should return to 100% or very close to it.

Gouken:

Immediately jump forward and deliver a HK+Low HK combo. Then begin your forward HK spam. Eventually he will get his Ultra and most of the time will use it if you get close. Here's the catch, you want him to use his Ultra on you. Why? So you can get your Ultra for the next fight. What you do is just continuously press him into the corner until he get's his ultra and continue doing it until he uses it. You should get your Super and your Ultra by then. Once he uses it, just finish him off with the HK spam.

Seth:

Here comes the 50/50 part. What you need to do is start off the round by jumping forward and delivering a HK+Low HK combo. Sometimes he will jump towards you and you will need to be quick with kicking him or he'll hit you and possibly screw up everything for you. Most of the time he does Dhalsims arms or his Suction move to pull you in which don't affect you if you jump forward at him. Once you knock him down and he is about to stand up, SPAM HK until you knock him silly (daze him). By then, his life should be half down and he will get up dazed. PERFORM YOUR ULTRA (Low Punch, Low Punch, Back, Low Kick, High Punch). This should either finish him off or leave him with extremely low high (under 10%). If you finish him off, great! if not, then move a little back, (Akuma's Ultra/Special leave you standing on top of the enemy when it's finished. If your standing to close to Seth he will grab you and start his lame combo's.) and crouch+block and wait for him to stand up. He'll either use his ultra or attempt to kick you in which you Low High Kick him and end the round. I have destroyed Seth without him touching me once several times using this method.

Sagat:

He is pretty easy as well. What I do is right at the beginning, I move forward just a little and crouch block. He usually does a tiger shot low/high. Once he does it move up forward an inch and crouch block again. When he does high tiger shots immediately trip him and repeat this process. If you get to close he'll do a tiger knee to a tiger uppercut in which you can trip him when he lands. He won't use his Ultra/Super unless you try to stand and fight with him. Also, he can walk up to you and deliver an elbow from high and hit you when your crouch blocking. When I see him getting ready for it I just stand and block it and immediately go back to crouch blocking. Repeat this process unless he is dead. You can try to perform a super/ultra to end the match when his life is low but if you screw up, you may screw up your whole attempt at the gold as he does a lot of damage.

Akuma:

All you need to do is SPAM HK just like anyone else. When you knock him down, do not stand to close to him as he immediately does the Shoryuken. Instead move a little back and continue to spam him. Once he get's his ultra try you best not to get close and jump over it. Continue your HK's until you daze him or he is knocked down and doesn't complete a quick recovery (immediately jumps up when you knock him down). Watch his life, when he is below 30%, perform your SUPER and finish him!

Balrog:

He is extremely easy! All you do is hold back and wait for him to complete his 360 slide punch (not sure the name of it right now). You will block it and you can either immediately grab and throw him or you can stand up and immediately start a HK combo. Once he starts blocking your combo back away. He will low punch you and knock you on your butt. Continue this method, you won't have to use anything and you will probably get your Super and Ultra after this round.

M. Bison:

If you followed my guide, you should def. have more than 60% health going into this fight. Anyway, immediately crouch+block. He will do a sliding kick 98% of the time. Stand up and start a HK combo till he starts blocking. Then quick dash back (back+back quickly) and crouch+block and repeat. Once he gets his Ultra just continue to walk back and block it until he is finished then immediately start your HK spam. Repeat this process until the end. If you knock him down when he has low life you can attempt a Super or Ultra. When he has low health he blocks A LOT, so don't get over excited and attempt to HK spam him as he'll pick you off quickly.

Follow this guide and you should be able to get GOLD on Survival Level 19 in no time. I've only found one other guide to this Level and it was for C.Viper (Same thing, she does a double kick for her HK spam, but she has less life and her Ultra/Super isn't nearly as powerful. Her Low High Kick reaches further but that's about it). My PSN ID is RiPaCRoMBiE, so if you have any questions let me know! Thanks!

• 1 month later...
The strategy against balrog failed miserably. You cannot HK spam him. He will do a second 360 punch as soon as you land two HK

This. Also, Vega is problematic due to his cHK. They each just take a bit of dancing around, though, just like Sagat.

And, possibly saving a Super or Ultra for Balrog may be a good move. Or just quitting and saving yourself some stress... lol Much like the poor design choice that is Seth, Capcom did the same with this challenge.

Edited by drkrZEN