XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #1
Cauchy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Default OMG! Trial Help, please!!!

Dear god these are hard Normal Trials = superhuman, Hard Trials = supreme diety I swear you have to Matrix vision to get the timing right on these.

How far have you all gotten? How did you do it? Did you use the PS3 controller or an arcade stick? Is the latter required? As stated in another thread, I just ordered the standard ($50) Hori and it's on its way. Please tell me this will help.

Kudos to anybody who gets these completely done.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
SteBull

I've just started the normal trials, the most difficult appears to be the 4th stage of any character. Lot of combinations are similar to different characters so learn how to do them once and you will get any similar task. I can NOT do at all combos where focus attack is followed by a throw move.. how the hell you do that? The enemy is crouching!

I'm using standard ps3 controller.
SteBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
darkeva93

I finished all the normal trials, but (to me anyway) it seems impossible to do on the PS3 controller. I'm using the SE edition of the FightStick (mine has no problems).

If you're having trouble with the timing, you can check out some of these videos. YouTube - kalelulen4's Channel

This guy has videos for all the trials. I hope that helps.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
digital-flex

I agree with darkeva93, you definitely need a joystick to pull off these combos. I manged to finish the normal trials and now working on the Hard and I don't know if I can do them.

The guy who does them in the video makes it looks so easy. Some of the combos he did was all in one take.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM   #5
Epedemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauchy-Schwarz View Post
Dear god these are hard Normal Trials = superhuman, Hard Trials = supreme diety I swear you have to Matrix vision to get the timing right on these.

How far have you all gotten? How did you do it? Did you use the PS3 controller or an arcade stick? Is the latter required? As stated in another thread, I just ordered the standard ($50) Hori and it's on its way. Please tell me this will help.

Kudos to anybody who gets these completely done.
Normal trials aren't too bad, Hard trials are sometimes ridiculous but doable. I've gotten pretty far. The pattern I do is, I do normal trial, complete arcade mode with that character, then do their hard trial. Sometimes I would just give up on the hard trial with that character and try again later because the more you play a game, the better you get. So I'm sure I will get it later.

I use the PS3 controller. Was too poor to play SF2 at the arcades back then so I had to play it on the SNES at my cousin's house so i'm a d-pad vet. Arcade stick will help if you're more familiar with it than the d-pad. Keep playing the game and examine the timing of your attacks. Look for patterns, you will get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteBull View Post
I've just started the normal trials, the most difficult appears to be the 4th stage of any character. Lot of combinations are similar to different characters so learn how to do them once and you will get any similar task. I can NOT do at all combos where focus attack is followed by a throw move.. how the hell you do that? The enemy is crouching!

I'm using standard ps3 controller.
In order to do a focus attack followed by a throw, this is what you do: Charge your focus attack. When it is about to hit, double tap forward, once it hits, your character will dash forward instead of finishing the focus attack animation. When you dash forward, you are free to do as you wish. Focus attacks are probably one of the best things you could do to open up a very big combo. It's just no one knows about Focus Attack-Dash yet. You may know a lot about street fighter but the manual has some useful information you may not know.
Epedemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
SteBull

@epedemic: thank you a lot guy, this is the most useful thing I've learned so far..

Damn do I need a different controller to do them all? They are not selling 'em here.. (I mean in my damn nation)
SteBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Cauchy

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Silver   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Submission   Helping Hand   Bright Idea!   I Beat the Staff!!!!   A+ Thread Award   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epedemic View Post
Normal trials aren't too bad, Hard trials are sometimes ridiculous but doable... I use the PS3 controller.
So, were you able to do the level 4 normal combos for Chun-Li or E-Honda with the D-pad? You know the ones where you go from a jump kick/punch to a punch/kick to a charge special to a charge super. If so, that is bloody insane, totally end up button mashing when attempting the charge super
Old 02-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
darkeva93

I don't know if you know this, but you know you can go from a special to a super/ultra really easily?

For example: Flash kick to Super flash kick (I forgot what it's called lol...)
You charge db (down back) then press uf (up forward) and kick. This will hit the flash kick, then because you already did the charge for the flash kick, you don't need to do it for the super flash kick. So from the first flash kick, you press db, uf, kick. If you do it right, you'll pull off the super.

You can do this with the qcf (quarter circle forward) moves too. Hadoken to Shinku Hadoken. You do qcf and punch, then do qcf and punch again. You don't have to do the second qcf in the Shinku Hadoken.

I hope that makes sense? lol...
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
Epedemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauchy-Schwarz View Post
So, were you able to do the level 4 normal combos for Chun-Li or E-Honda with the D-pad? You know the ones where you go from a jump kick/punch to a punch/kick to a charge special to a charge super. If so, that is bloody insane, totally end up button mashing when attempting the charge super
Yeah, those were ridiculous at first until I learned how to do them. I am almost finished with all of the normal trials. Did it with the almighty d-pad too.

Post above me kind of explains the trick behind it I think.

Tips that may or may not help you

If you're stringing together a long combo, do one part of it first, then do the 2nd part, instead of trying to continuously do the one whole string. Break it into parts and try to do them separately. Once you're able to do that, try to string the whole thing together.

For moves that require you to do light punch 3 times in a row or something of that sort, count out loud 1, 2, 3 for when the punches are successful. Keep the rhythm going and you will do whatever combo after the 3 light punches are. El Fuerte and Zangief come to mind in terms of button taps instead of special moves.

This may not work all the time but in terms of doing a special move right after a normal move, do the special move during the execution of the normal move so it'll be pulled off right after the normal move is over. Crouch medium kick -> Hadoken is a famous one I believe.

Assign an unused button in the current combo that you need to do that requires a focus attack or focus cancel. It may be better that way depending on if you have a joystick or ps3 controller.

Hope some of these tips help.

Last edited by Epedemic; 02-24-2009 at 09:56 PM.
Epedemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 AM   #10
finalfury

man for the charge to super charge moves i still cant do. basically you're saying that the charge for the first move (or the whole movement for that matter) carries over to the super right. so
charge back -> foward -> punch -> back -> forward -> punch. for e.honda at least.
its basically the normal with an extra punch in the middle?
I've been at this for 20 min and i still cant get it.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote