OMG! Trial Help, please!!!

Cauchy

Dear god these are hard :mad: Normal Trials = superhuman, Hard Trials = supreme diety :eek: I swear you have to Matrix vision to get the timing right on these.

How far have you all gotten? How did you do it? Did you use the PS3 controller or an arcade stick? Is the latter required? As stated in another thread, I just ordered the standard ($50) Hori and it's on its way. Please tell me this will help.

Kudos to anybody who gets these completely done.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just started the normal trials, the most difficult appears to be the 4th stage of any character. Lot of combinations are similar to different characters so learn how to do them once and you will get any similar task. I can NOT do at all combos where focus attack is followed by a throw move.. how the hell you do that? The enemy is crouching!

I'm using standard ps3 controller.

Dear god these are hard :mad: Normal Trials = superhuman, Hard Trials = supreme diety :eek: I swear you have to Matrix vision to get the timing right on these.

How far have you all gotten? How did you do it? Did you use the PS3 controller or an arcade stick? Is the latter required? As stated in another thread, I just ordered the standard ($50) Hori and it's on its way. Please tell me this will help.

Kudos to anybody who gets these completely done.

Normal trials aren't too bad, Hard trials are sometimes ridiculous but doable. I've gotten pretty far. The pattern I do is, I do normal trial, complete arcade mode with that character, then do their hard trial. Sometimes I would just give up on the hard trial with that character and try again later because the more you play a game, the better you get. So I'm sure I will get it later.

I use the PS3 controller. Was too poor to play SF2 at the arcades back then so I had to play it on the SNES at my cousin's house so i'm a d-pad vet. Arcade stick will help if you're more familiar with it than the d-pad. Keep playing the game and examine the timing of your attacks. Look for patterns, you will get better.

I've just started the normal trials, the most difficult appears to be the 4th stage of any character. Lot of combinations are similar to different characters so learn how to do them once and you will get any similar task. I can NOT do at all combos where focus attack is followed by a throw move.. how the hell you do that? The enemy is crouching!

In order to do a focus attack followed by a throw, this is what you do: Charge your focus attack. When it is about to hit, double tap forward, once it hits, your character will dash forward instead of finishing the focus attack animation. When you dash forward, you are free to do as you wish. Focus attacks are probably one of the best things you could do to open up a very big combo. It's just no one knows about Focus Attack-Dash yet. You may know a lot about street fighter but the manual has some useful information you may not know.

Normal trials aren't too bad, Hard trials are sometimes ridiculous but doable... I use the PS3 controller.

So, were you able to do the level 4 normal combos for Chun-Li or E-Honda with the D-pad? You know the ones where you go from a jump kick/punch to a punch/kick to a charge special to a charge super. If so, that is bloody insane, totally end up button mashing when attempting the charge super :(

I don't know if you know this, but you know you can go from a special to a super/ultra really easily?

For example: Flash kick to Super flash kick (I forgot what it's called lol...)

You charge db (down back) then press uf (up forward) and kick. This will hit the flash kick, then because you already did the charge for the flash kick, you don't need to do it for the super flash kick. So from the first flash kick, you press db, uf, kick. If you do it right, you'll pull off the super.

You can do this with the qcf (quarter circle forward) moves too. Hadoken to Shinku Hadoken. You do qcf and punch, then do qcf and punch again. You don't have to do the second qcf in the Shinku Hadoken.

I hope that makes sense? lol...

So, were you able to do the level 4 normal combos for Chun-Li or E-Honda with the D-pad? You know the ones where you go from a jump kick/punch to a punch/kick to a charge special to a charge super. If so, that is bloody insane, totally end up button mashing when attempting the charge super :(

Yeah, those were ridiculous at first until I learned how to do them. I am almost finished with all of the normal trials. Did it with the almighty d-pad too. :D

Post above me kind of explains the trick behind it I think.

Tips that may or may not help you

If you're stringing together a long combo, do one part of it first, then do the 2nd part, instead of trying to continuously do the one whole string. Break it into parts and try to do them separately. Once you're able to do that, try to string the whole thing together.

For moves that require you to do light punch 3 times in a row or something of that sort, count out loud 1, 2, 3 for when the punches are successful. Keep the rhythm going and you will do whatever combo after the 3 light punches are. El Fuerte and Zangief come to mind in terms of button taps instead of special moves.

This may not work all the time but in terms of doing a special move right after a normal move, do the special move during the execution of the normal move so it'll be pulled off right after the normal move is over. Crouch medium kick -> Hadoken is a famous one I believe.

Assign an unused button in the current combo that you need to do that requires a focus attack or focus cancel. It may be better that way depending on if you have a joystick or ps3 controller.

Hope some of these tips help.

Edited by Epedemic

man for the charge to super charge moves i still cant do. basically you're saying that the charge for the first move (or the whole movement for that matter) carries over to the super right. so

charge back -> foward -> punch -> back -> forward -> punch. for e.honda at least.

its basically the normal with an extra punch in the middle?

I've been at this for 20 min and i still cant get it.

I have somehow done one ryu hard, one cammy hard, and completed all of the normal trials on a normal PS3 controller. Of course, right now my thumb hurts (Did them all straight today...took like 6 hours for all of them and you only get a bronze trophy for doing all normal trials WTF).

I have to say, some get pretty damn frustrating.

man for the charge to super charge moves i still cant do. basically you're saying that the charge for the first move (or the whole movement for that matter) carries over to the super right. so

charge back -> foward -> punch -> back -> forward -> punch. for e.honda at least.

its basically the normal with an extra punch in the middle?

I've been at this for 20 min and i still cant get it.

If it's not working, you're not doing it fast enough. Most of the time you have to do it right away, maybe after like the first hit of the first move.

Check out the link I posted in this thread earlier. There are videos of these trials so you can kinda get the feel of how fast you need to pull of these moves.

One TIP:

Hold the Focus buttons held until the end. That way the EX Focus attack text on the top left corner of the screen will stay RED for much much longer, as opposed to releasing the focus attack buttons early. This counts only for the challenge you mentioned though - Where it's followed by a throw - the other ones will require you to just tap the focus buttons.

If I remember correctly you are stuck at either E.Honda or Abel. It's easy. What I'm having SERIOUS trouble with though, is Ken's first hard trial challenge grrrrrr..... i get the first 4 moves with no probelm but I can never seem to perform his ulta combo (5th move on the challenge) just in time. If anyone knows what exactly I'm talking about, I got a question for you: Do I have to really canel the focus attack with a double-tap of the directional pad (or control stick obviously), or will the focus attack just COUNT as cancelled once the ultra shuryuken takes place?

Cheers.

I have somehow done one ryu hard, one cammy hard, and completed all of the normal trials on a normal PS3 controller. Of course, right now my thumb hurts (Did them all straight today...took like 6 hours for all of them and you only get a bronze trophy for doing all normal trials WTF).

I have to say, some get pretty damn frustrating.

I don't care what anyone says - you're an excellent gamer. That bronze trophy my friend says a hell of a lot more than some platinums. Congrats :)

Gen's 2nd normal trial challenge. To avoid confusion, let's say that after each time the computer says "SUCCESS", another "combo" is required to be performed. I'm stuck on his 2nd combo, where he has to hit the half-Z kick move and drop back on the ground before that move turns from red to white again, but he never comes back on the ground soon enough. He takes too much time being on air. Even if I keep hitting Dan with the kick button which clearly keeps the move RED for much longer, still he can't make it.

Any tips? Thanks!

Also using a PS3 controller and well so far for Normal, I have 3 guys left: Chun-Li, Guile, and Gen. For Hard, I have Bison and Akuma done, and for the others, they range from 1 to 3 levels done.

Gen's 2nd normal trial challenge. To avoid confusion, let's say that after each time the computer says "SUCCESS", another "combo" is required to be performed. I'm stuck on his 2nd combo, where he has to hit the half-Z kick move and drop back on the ground before that move turns from red to white again, but he never comes back on the ground soon enough. He takes too much time being on air. Even if I keep hitting Dan with the kick button which clearly keeps the move RED for much longer, still he can't make it.

Any tips? Thanks!

For that one, after the initial kick, you have to kick him 6 more times while in the air. So thats 7 total kicks. It's all about timing.

Watch at 1:10 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2m6F2fX8Kc]YouTube - STREET FIGHTER IV ????????????????????(?)(HD)[/ame]

Edited by optics

Thanks for posting that optics :)

now if anyone has got any tips for ken's first trial on hard. Where I'm struggling is between the focus attack and the ultra shuryuken, so the last 2 moves. I can get the first 4 no problem. I have watched this guys' videos but usually (except examples like with Gen here of course) they don't help much. I know what the moves supposed to look like lol.

Thanks for posting that optics :)

now if anyone has got any tips for ken's first trial on hard. Where I'm struggling is between the focus attack and the ultra shuryuken, so the last 2 moves. I can get the first 4 no problem. I have watched this guys' videos but usually (except examples like with Gen here of course) they don't help much. I know what the moves supposed to look like lol.

Ken's first challenge wasn't that bad, what you have to do is think ahead of the focus attack so that when you perform the shoryuken you should have already double tapped forward before using the focus cancel. That way you automatically will dash forward from the focus cancel. From there you have to quickly input the Ultra Combo at least while he's near the top of the arc. If you having trouble with #1, wait till you guys get to number 4. That one is a nightmare and may take me a couple of days.

Ken's first challenge wasn't that bad, what you have to do is think ahead of the focus attack so that when you perform the shoryuken you should have already double tapped forward before using the focus cancel. That way you automatically will dash forward from the focus cancel. From there you have to quickly input the Ultra Combo at least while he's near the top of the arc. If you having trouble with #1, wait till you guys get to number 4. That one is a nightmare and may take me a couple of days.

I just got to number 4 also... That one looks like a real headache. =/

I'm also stuck on Ken Trail 4.

I noticed in the video the guy adds an additional jab before the heavy punch. Are you guys doing that too? Also, I'm having trouble with the heavy shoryuken in that when I do it, its not launching Dan in the air, its only putting him on fire. Are you guys having that problem too?

I'm also stuck on Ken Trail 4.

I noticed in the video the guy adds an additional jab before the heavy punch. Are you guys doing that too? Also, I'm having trouble with the heavy shoryuken in that when I do it, its not launching Dan in the air, its only putting him on fire. Are you guys having that problem too?

That was at first tricky, but what you have to do is wait for the second hit on the heavy shoryuken, during that process double tap forward during the first 2 hits(second hit will launch) then do the focus cancel so that you will dash forward out of it. Also break the combo into different parts and practice different sections. When you get one idea, tie it into another. I'm still working on this one, I'm afraid.

Edited by NeoZero

That was at first tricky, but what you have to do is wait for the second hit on the heavy shoryuken, during that process double tap forward during the first 2 hits(second hit will launch) then do the focus cancel so that you will dash forward out of it. Also break the combo into different parts and practice different sections. When you get one idea, tie it into another. I'm still working on this one, I'm afraid.

Damn, I didn't notice that. The timing of the cancel during that shoryuken just made it twice as hard.

The only combo standing in my way for Normal is Guile's Flash Kick to SC.

Try this. When you charge the flash kick, charge db (down back), press uf (up forward) and kick. As soon as it hits, press db, uf, and kick. The flash kick should cancel into a super if you did it right.

I do them all actually and what surprises me is that I don't double tap at all for the cancel, yet the focus attack still highlights in red. And I do the last ultra shoruyken really quick too. It just never seems to want to turn red and until everything goes white again. Grrr..... reminds me of Sakura's last combo on her 4th normal trial. The same fucking problem. Sorry for swearing but I'm irritated. Her super combo clicks in time but it never touches Dan. Sometimes I think this mode has bugs which Capcom felt like they didn't have enough time testing. Now I have to restart all of her 4th trial again. Man, what a pain. Why can't I save after doing the first 3 combos. Those were a pain too. That's another issue with this mode. You have to do them all in one take or start over. grrrrrr......