Beating Seth w/El Fuerte

Split

How do you do it? I can't stand this luchiawhore. His moves seem to have zero priority and I already suck at defending x-ups. I'm about 15 continues in on this and it's making me feel n00bish. I've beat seth on hardest with multiple chars but can't even beat him on medium with this horrible char. Anyone have any tips?

When I beat Seth with El Fuerte, I was playing 1 round on medium with 30 second rounds. I would jump in and do a fierce punch followed by a few mid punches. He'd probably do some move to knock you on the floor by now and started teleporting like crazy. At this time, I just spammed the throw button (while he was teleporting) because sometimes you get lucky and manage to throw him. If you do get lucky and throw him, move up really close to his body and charge your focus attack. You might hit him if he doesn't armor break it. If you hit him, sweep him and pray that the time is almost up haha.

Good luck!

there should be more of these for all the characters. i found some of them very hard to beat on medium.with e honda i kept using the flying head butt, with balrog just keep ducking and blocking and everytime he comes close use the hard punch.still finding a good tactic with dalsim and c viper, i havent tryed dan, rose, gen, or cammy yet....any tips or are they pretty easy to beat seth on medium. thanks in advance.

dhalsim's mad easy just spam his fierce punch attack from afar and block when you have to. lol i beat him in two tries (thank you teleport/spinning piledriver that damn cheap tactic) that way.

with dan, as soon as he gets close and finishes his attack pattern give him a shoryuken.

with cammy, its the same tactic as dan, once he gets close and finishes his attack pattern do her spiral arrow.

rose, gen and viper, same tactic (looking at a pattern here :D) just sweep him.

for most characters once you sweep him u can keep sweeping him a few times over and over again. though i used this with 30 sec so i can time him out.

after the first sweep move back a bit. as soon as he gets up he almost always tries to use his vacuum or start a combo. sweep him as soon as hes getting up. i could usually repeat this up to 4 times in a row on med. takes a fair amount of time up too.

dhalsim was hell for me. all the other characters took me anywhere from 1 to 10 tries. dhalsim took me over 40. no joke. his extremely slow movements pissed the crap out of me. i mean cmon even his airtime during his jumps are extremely long. but then again i just suck playing with him =O

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I set up a 30sec rounds and 1 match win. Seth is kind of simple after facing him over and over he's pattern oriented. Jump over sonic boom, block incoming stretch punch or belly absorbtion, and attack. Easiest way to get hits on him but when he yoga teleport spams into super shoryuken I got no idea lolz.

• 4 years later...