Dynames' Challenge Mode Guide. Wins and Times.

Dynames

This will explain all the minimal times and the numbers of wins for Challenge Mode. As well as explain Trial, Survival, and Time Attack. I hope this helps.

Trails: As long as you complete the moves the game tell you to do, you'll get the medal for it. There is not bronze, silver, or gold. It pass or no pass. You have infinite time so you can spend hours doing it, no problem. The medals that are given are Star-Shaped.

Time Attack: You have X amount of fights you need to complete within an X amount of time. Each fight you win you get time back. Bonus time will be reward if you do an Ultra Combo or Super Combo. These need to connect. As long as 1 hit hits the target, (I mean actually hit, i.e. not block) it will count as bonus time gained. Perfects also provide bonus time. The medal obtained is based on how much time you have left at the end. The more time you have accumulated at the end, the more likely change you get a gold. It's unknown how much additional time is needed per level of medal; Gold, Silver, Bronze.

But I can tell you roughly how much you need based on my results. These not the exact amount you will need. This is just what my times were and the medals I got for them.

Time Attack Normal:

#1: 610"45 (Gold)

#2: 357"00 (Gold)

#3: 421"11 (Gold)

#4: 195"50 (Gold)

#5: 214"11 (Gold)

#6: 195"40 (Gold)

#7: 123"68 (Gold) <-Ultras, Supers, and Perfect are crucial.

#8: 119"63 (Gold)

#9: 137"73 (Gold)

#10: 225"60 (Gold)

#11: 193"11 (Gold)<-Try and get Perfects on Ken - Chun Li. Super ready about every two matches.

#12: 181"50 (Gold)

#13: 139"51 (Gold<-Same method as 11. You may have trouble with Cammy. Use Ultra and Supers.

#14: 117"11 (Gold)<-Ultras and Focus Attack are your best friend here. Jump Sweep Focus 3 LVL then Ultra/Super.

#15: 110"01 (Gold)

#16: 280"25 (Gold)

#17: 150"43 (Gold)

#18: 158"05 (Gold)

#19: 186"70 (Gold)

#20: 313"81 (Gold)<-Ultra and Super every match if you can. It pretty much guarantees a gold.

Time Attack Hard: (thanks to Cauchy-Schwarz)

#1: 652"98 (Gold)

#2: 237"93 (Gold)

#3: 261"25 (Gold)

#4: 508"71 (Gold)

#5: 595"63 (Gold)

Survival: You have a certain quota in which you need to meet in order to complete the level. You do not get your vitality recharged fully at the match. Only a percentage. These percentage range: 10%, 15%, 50%, whatever. Even if you meet the quota that it suggests, it doesn't mean you'll get the gold. Only meet the quota will give you a bronze. To get a gold, you must go above and beyond the quota to ensure a gold. Again I'll share my results so you get an idea. This is based on number of wins.

Survival Normal:

#1: 8 Wins (Gold)

#2: 8 Wins (Gold)

#3: 8 Wins (Gold)

#4: 8 Wins (Gold)

#5: 12 Wins (Gold)

#6: 22 Wins (Gold)

#7: 10 Wins (Gold)

#8: 8 Wins (Gold)

#9: 12 Wins (Gold)

#10: 10 Wins (Gold)

#11: 16 Wins (Gold)

#12: 15 Wins (Gold)

#13: 10 Wins (Gold)

#14: 25 Wins (Gold)

#15: 22 Wins (Gold)

#16: 7 Wins (Gold)

#17: 12 Wins (Gold)

#18: 5 Wins (Gold)

#19: 7 Wins (Gold)

#20: 25 Wins (Gold)

Survival Hard: (thanks to Cauchy-Schwarz and Digital-Flex)

#1: 40 wins (Gold)

#2: 43 wins (Gold)

#3: 40 wins (Gold)

#4: 43 wins (Gold)

#5: 40 wins (Gold)

Unconfirmed: The cutoff for Gold is 40 wins on all Survival Hard Challenges. (Split and Cauchy-Schwarz's theory, blame them if they're wrong. :D)

For the look of it, Survival requires you to go all the way to get the gold. Those numbers are the maximum number of fights need and guarantee gold medal. FYI: Level 19 is probably the hardest one out of all of them, just to let you know.

For both Time Attack and Survival, You are rewarded a Crown-Shaped medal. These will vary in color and features. It's pretty easy to tell the difference but in case you are having trouble telling what is what. I'll gave descriptors to help you.

Gold: It's shiny and bright yellow in color. On the front, it has red gems placed on the crown; 1 big one in the center and a number of little ones across the sides. There appears to be a red velvet top to it. Lastly, there are green vines coming out of the top.

Silver: Pretty damn easy to tell. It's silver/grey and shiny. I believe it has 1 blue gem in the center. The same green vines come out of this one, I think.

Bronze: It's brown and incredibly dull looking. No gems and no vines. It basically looks like a rusted POS.

I'll do Hard mode when I get around to it. Good Luck everyone.

Edited by Dynames

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynames, is there an easy way to clear survival 19? Obviously Zangief's DL is not an option, since special moves are disabled.

I used a character that had a charging super/ultra because when playing defensive you can block there super move and use it if you have it.

I beat it with both E.Honda and Blanka. I basically crouched down and away and waited for them to attack. I would normally just sweep them or hit them with a heavy punch.

The only problem I had was with Akuma and Bison. For Akuma, just be aware of his ultra meter and when he uses it do a jumping back kick to stop it and start turtling again. Sagat should be easy because he would throw a high fireball quite often which you can duck under with out taking any damage and sweep.

Bison opens with a sweep move so I always jump in with a heavy kick then sweep and play defensive. I always stay close to bait them to use their ultras, block it and them hammer away as they recover.

I got to the end with Guile but my health was never high enough because when I would do my sweep round house they would focus counter and hit me while guile trys to hit with the second sweep.

Edited by digital-flex

I used Sagat for it. When he high offense and defense, he's pretty much a given. Trust me its hard as fuck when fighting Seth and Akuma but after that it's pretty simple. Seth will teleport everywhere while if you get caught in Akuma's Shun Goku Satzu you're pretty much fuck. I spent an hour on it before I got a gold.

Vega, Gouken, Seth, Sagat, Akuma, Balrog, and Bison.

Thanks for your help guys. I just cleared the survival normal. Yay! another trophy :D In the end, I decided to use Blanka, but I used a more aggressive stategy than Digital-Flex's. I found the Jump-Heavy-Kick to Heavy-Kick to Crouch-Heavy-Punch combo worked really well against all the opponents. Using this strategy and the occasional defensive Crouch-Block-Low-Heavy-Punch, I got the gold for Survival 19 on my second try. Now it's on to Time Trial 14.

BTW, Dynames I got the gold on Survival Hard 5 with 42 wins. I'm convinced that the mark is 40 wins for ALL the Survival Hard Challenges, but I'm too lazy to verify ;)

Edited by Cauchy