XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > Street Fighter IV

Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Default Finishing the game with all characters question?

If i get a game over and try again and finish the game does it count(i hope you can understand what im say'n)?

Im gonna break my tv.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Baqsam

I'm pretty sure that's okay.
Baqsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts

yes, you can die and continue... i'm pretty sure youre not going to find many people who finished the whole thing with El Fuerte without dying at least 1000 times, haha

Online Gaming Quest Priorities:

Ace Combat Assault Horizon, Alien Breed Impact 3, Arcana Heart 3, Army of Two: 40th Day, Call of Juarez: The Cartel, Dead Rising 2: OTR, Hard Corp: Uprising, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Operation Flashpoint: Red River (+DLC), Quantum of Solace, Resident Evil 5 (DLC), Transformers: FoC, Uncharted 2 (DLC), Way of the Samurai 4
kraven_15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Awards Showcase First PS4 Game Nights

Of course, it will count toward the completion of story mode, without problem. The only part of it is the difficulty setting that should be on Normal or above to get that corresponding trophy (finish with all characters). So don't fret, put it on normal, one round and practice it up until you finally finish the game.

Now, there is another method that I am not really sure of that has a high chance of not working. For instance if you start off with one character, die and then as continue you end up finishing the game with a different one. I would imagine in that case it won't have the same effect. To be frank I have no idea how the game will consider it in the first place? Like starting with El Fuerte and his intro and finishing with Ryu and his ending :/ Dunno what that would cause :/
NewVincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewVincent View Post
Now, there is another method that I am not really sure of that has a high chance of not working. For instance if you start off with one character, die and then as continue you end up finishing the game with a different one. I would imagine in that case it won't have the same effect. To be frank I have no idea how the game will consider it in the first place? Like starting with El Fuerte and his intro and finishing with Ryu and his ending :/ Dunno what that would cause :/
The method you are talking about definitely works. The person you finish it with counts regardless of if you change characters multiple times during arcade mode.

Lots of people will use the Zangief method (I did) because you can spam his lariat move and beat everyone with ease - you don't even have to look at the screen to know he will win.

So start with a character - lets say Ryu in order to unlock his opening cut scene (you need to watch all opening/ending cut scenes for a title or icon and ultimately the platinum). You can use him until you die or just purposefully die first match. Switch to Zangief and spam his lariat through all matches until you get to the Seth. Again purposefully die. Switch back to Ryu and try to beat Seth. If you do that will count as a completion with Ryu.

Rinse and repeat for all characters.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure it does.
Xoundz is offline   Reply With Quote