Platinum obtainable with a DS3?

DCSemi

Hey guys

I just want to know if it's possible to get the Platinum without a Controller Stick.

Many of people I spoke to about getting SFIV Plat told me I HAD TO get a Stick or else, I can forget about it.

What's your inputs about it?

• 3 weeks later...
While I do not have the platinum yet I am down to 36 hard trials left and just started with the hard trials recently. I am confident I will finish and I only use the DS3. I know others who have done with the DS3.

With that said it it would be easier with a stick.

It's all personal preference. I've done all the trials for sf4 and ssf4 with the DS3 controller. I also have done most of the trials with the fightstick. A fightstick does not make it easier.

• 4 weeks later...

i just beat all trials last night and im just using DS3 controller, i dont have fight stick, but im telling you its very hard, my thumb is still hurt right now (swollen)... the hardest trials i did and having problem with was (gen 5, c.viper 3 and 5, and el fuerte 5 on hard trials), so to answer your question, its possible to platinum sf4 using DS3 but its very very hard... dunno if fight stick will really make a difference since trials are really hard, anyway goodluck with it... :)

edit: and i just got my platinum now... all trophies earned using DS3...

Edited by Skyscraper2K14

• 11 months later...
I heard that using the DS4 is much better and accurate than the DS3.

I concur with that. I have the SSF4 plat for PS3 and completed the trials for the PS4 version. For some reason I was having a tough time with Chun-Li's 2nd hard trial for this game. I noticed I didn't plat vanilla and wanted to revisit the game to do so.

I forgot how much I hated the hard survival trials for 3 and 4. I keep getting to 38 wins and losing because of stupid Cammy and tricky damn Bison at times.

• 2 months later...