How to do Gen's Gekiro - Useful For Gen's trials!

ashiano

For those who need help with Gen's Gekiro:

While I was doing Gen Hard Trial 5, I found the entire trial to be pretty easy but kept on messing up on the Gekiro, and even after watching the Trial video on YouTube like a hundred times, I could not complete the Gekiro, that is until I came across the following vid:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLLfTuKQ8UQ]YouTube - SF4 - Gen Easy Gekiro[/ame]

After watching that vid, it took me less than 5 minutes to complete the trial! That is because the timing of the Gekiro in that vid is completely different to what most people suggested. So instead of the increasing speed, this one shows a completely different technique to completing the Gekiro.

Needless to say, I can now comfortably do the full Gekiro!

As well as being essential for completing Gen's trials, comfortaby using the Gekiro in real matches proves useful!

Hope this helps!

:)

Edited by ashiano

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
For those who need help with Gen's Gekiro:

While I was doing Gen Hard Trial 5, I found the entire trial to be pretty easy but kept on messing up on the Gekiro, and even after watching the Trial video on YouTube like a hundred times, I could not complete the Gekiro, that is until I came across the following vid:

After watching that vid, it took me less than 5 minutes to complete the trial! That is because the timing of the Gekiro in that vid is completely different to what most people suggested. So instead of the increasing speed, this one shows a completely different technique to completing the Gekiro.

Needless to say, I can now comfortably do the full Gekiro!

As well as being essential for completing Gen's trials, comfortaby using the Gekiro in real matches proves useful!

Hope this helps!

:)

This is how I always did Gen's Gekiro and didn't get why people had so much trouble with his trials. For me Viper's is the hardest.

At first I thought I could just push kick really fast. Then I juggled him with a few kicks and then pushed kick pretty fast and that's how it works.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, thanks man!

Need to bump it up as this is easily the best single post in entire SFIV forums.

I was getting frustrated as I was trying to do Gen#5 for too many hours already and now I'm past this challenge and finally I understand what's the timing

If anyone is struggling then play this video with sound (and read it's description) and after some tries you'll be doing 7/8 hits gekiro most of the time :)