Hard survival tips please.

Hentekorino

I'm using Gief and spamming his PPP lariat, however it gets blocked a lot and I end up getting punished. I have a hard time getting to 10 wins, let alone 40. Could someone provide some general tips that will help ease this please? I haven't tried out time attack yet, but I guess it would be appreciated if I got pointers for that mode as well. Videos using the Gief method would also be greatly appreciated, only found one video and it only demonstrating on a Dhalsim.

My flowchart usually goes like:

-Get a knockdown

-Keep walking forward

-Lariat when they get up

-They block and I get punished

-Next time I get a knockdown I try to back off a bit before using the lariat. This time it hits, however this isn't the case for some characters and I end up getting punished either way.

A couple thoughts/problems that I have, off the top of my head:

-Not sure when to first throw out a lariat sometimes

-Not sure what the most efficient way of starting a round is

-Getting hit by random stuff it seems like, though this is just me probably not recognizing CPU patterns.

God damn I really hate fighting CPUs of any sort in any fighting game, it's usually never very fun. This sure as hell isn't an exception. Please help, I just wanna get this shit over with asap.

Edited by Hentekorino

• 2 weeks later...
My flowchart usually goes like:

-Get a knockdown

-Keep walking forward

-Lariat when they get up

-They block and I get punished

-Next time I get a knockdown I try to back off a bit before using the lariat. This time it hits, however this isn't the case for some characters and I end up getting punished either way.

This is your problem, it's better to walk forward and lariat against some characters, but most characters will punish you if you just keep walking forward, you're supposed to stand back so just Zangief's fists are hitting them, though I can't remember which characters are more susceptible to which tactic. Some characters will hit you with ultra on wakeup anyway but it shouldn't matter too much. For Cammy just crouch block in the corner until she does that spin knuckle attack, then counter with lariat, same story with Seth, crouch block in the corner until he jumps off the wall or does the spin kick.

This is your problem, it's better to walk forward and lariat against some characters, but most characters will punish you if you just keep walking forward, you're supposed to stand back so just Zangief's fists are hitting them, though I can't remember which characters are more susceptible to which tactic. Some characters will hit you with ultra on wakeup anyway but it shouldn't matter too much. For Cammy just crouch block in the corner until she does that spin knuckle attack, then counter with lariat, same story with Seth, crouch block in the corner until he jumps off the wall or does the spin kick.

like McGarnigle say i saw ur topic but its hard to explain.anyway McGarnigle did it lol.

Could I get some advice for time trial 13? The lariat technique doesn't seem to kill them fast enough, not to mention Cammy is in stage 4, which wastes a lot of time since I need to wait for her to spin knuckle before I can do anything.

Edited by Hentekorino