Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition

Can't backup my saves to a flash drive.

It must be a locked save, which means the only way you can back up is with the online storage from ps plus. I'm not 100% sure but I'd bet that's the issue :(

EDIT: yep, that's the issue. It's listed in this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/62819-ps3ts-official-locked-saved-games-thread.html

Edited by idloveacupoft

It must be a locked save, which means the only way you can back up is with the online storage from ps plus. I'm not 100% sure but I'd bet that's the issue :(

EDIT: yep, that's the issue. It's listed in this thread: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/62819-ps3ts-official-locked-saved-games-thread.html

SF3's saves are copy-protected, which means you can only copy them from the cloud storage to your PS3's hard drive once every 24 hours. I don't know how people here (and the guide) are saying they can just reload their save multiple times to get the "Going Streaking" trophy.

SF3's saves are copy-protected, which means you can only copy them from the cloud storage to your PS3's hard drive once every 24 hours. I don't know how people here (and the guide) are saying they can just reload their save multiple times to get the "Going Streaking" trophy.

Hmmm, really not sure. Try sending a PM to the guide writer or whoever posted that information and ask them how they did it. Maybe they overwrote the save in the storage after each redownload so that it doesn't count as downloading the same save? I've never played the game before, just when I saw your issue, I thought it was a locked save.

• 2 years later...

The mandatory patch makes it protected. You can't play online without the latest patch. So the trophy is near impossible now. But If you have PS Plus, you can backup copy-protected saves once every 24 hours, making this possibly attainable within a month's time.

The next annoying thing I keep running into is this glitch that shows my opponent is Rank 1 and then it transforms to Rank 41 or higher after accepting...

• 3 months later...
The mandatory patch makes it protected. You can't play online without the latest patch. So the trophy is near impossible now. But If you have PS Plus, you can backup copy-protected saves once every 24 hours, making this possibly attainable within a month's time.

The next annoying thing I keep running into is this glitch that shows my opponent is Rank 1 and then it transforms to Rank 41 or higher after accepting...

Can't you quit before losing to preserve your streak? That's mentioned in the guide. Should make this trophy faster, if it works.