Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition

Is it just me?

Or is the netcode for this game horrible? I mean really really bad.

I just played about half an hours worth of matches and maybe one of them ran smoothly, the rest were so damn laggy that in one match the ko sign came up before either of us had died.

That combined with the fact that all everyone does on this game is tier whore ken, yun, yang and chun li means this game can kiss my ass until at least the online issue is solved.

Just needed to rant :) and I am curious to see if anyone else has been having this problem

Here's a video i recorded as an example, you can hear it in the audio too. This was actually one of the better matches

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVW9ja39D50]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Edited by Scorpionsflame

im gonna have to change what i said about orange connections, they actually run near-perfectly for me, just as yellow does. and i've found recently that the ranked match finder seems to be delivering me far more opponents than a few days ago... could be that i've ranked up to a 9 and the spread of players its giving me is greater. played against a rank 28 last night!

• 1 year later...

You're right, netcode is shit, there is going to be a patch for the online, but it's coming with all new balances, and I disagree with that, because with the new balancing, Third Strike is going to lost that perfect arcade feel. Back then there was no such thing as patching, What you got is what you got, if something is unfair, you try to overcome that obstacle.