Problems with the trophy of the 99 wins matched

WDS

Hello everyone.

I'm with a friend doing this trophy but we have about 150-160 items won only one of the two and the trophy does not jump. anyone could tell me EXACTLY how to do this trophy.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Why would you try to send us away from this site... If you have some insight on the subject please copy/paste your thoughts from there-here.

I wasn't sending you away to anywhere. And what insight? He probably bugged himself by having his opponent leave the match. The trophy isn't bugged.

But anyways, he posted on .com and he never replied. And because I rarely post here, and I made the trophy guide for this already on .com. From what I can tell there is no glitches in this game for online play. Like I said, he probably had his 2nd ps3 or friend quit the match. I did it boosting, but the legit way of finishing the match in 30secs - 1minute, and never ran into a problem. Neither has anyone else I know except him, and 1 other person. I don't know what to tell you.

I wasn't sending you away to anywhere. And what insight? He probably bugged himself by having his opponent leave the match. The trophy isn't bugged.

Hey Minarum, I didn't mean what I wrote to sound harsh and I appreciate that you followed up for all of us here on .org.

That said, here is what I experienced with this trophy. I just go it earlier this morning. I did it boosting with a friend. We tested the theory from Xbox.org's guide about "Host wins after the 2nd player quits shortly after match start" and that didn't work for us. So after this method was eliminated, we decided to do it the normal way, like you are saying, by simply playing a 1 vs 1 on Domestic Disturbance map with our "Heroes". It was taking about 50 seconds per match. But here's what happened, we had left the 99 wins for last, meaning we already had the 6 straight wins, 10 wins decked out, 8 & 8 wins, 16 total wins plus all the "kill a unit" variety trophies. We figured we each had about 20 wins by now. So about 80 left to do, 50 seconds average should be, let's say 50 wins an hour right? Well, It took over 5 hours for some unknown reason to get my trophy to pop! We just went straight, no taking turns, me first straight up then my friend afterwords, straight up as well. Why did it take me 5 hours? The leaderboards in the game are useless, needless to say they show totally wrong scores so we couldn't use them. We did notice one thing though, If we both didn't wait a bit at the "Game End" screen, the match wouldn't count, wouldn't save for some reason. Sometimes if the host would select "go back" at the end screen before the other person, It would give a message "host has quit the session" and that game most definitely didn't register. Also, sometimes I'm guessing a sync issue, if you would leave too fast, the end screen would only show the winner, as in 1 person. You can't let that happen! Guaranteed that didn't count. On my friend's turn, we did a different approach. Whoever happens to host, would wait at the end screen until the other person leaves. The other person [me in that case] would only leave after that special "winner/looser" music starts. So that way we managed to get the 2nd "99 wins" trophy in about 3 hours. Still longer than it should've been, but we did cut that time down significantly.

I read several posts about people not being able to get this trophy and giving up. I can almost 100% guarantee you that there IS something wrong with the game registering all matches. Not sure exactly what it is that is causing it, but waiting in the "End Screen" did help us substantially. The trophy is NOT glitched per-say, BUT the game registering match wins definitely IS, causing the problems with it. So for anyone who is trying to get this, I advise you to never quit first as host at the end screen and wait few seconds for the music to start if you are not host before exiting. Also, don't give up, just keep at it and it will pop eventually.

Edited by AUSPUFF

Hey Minarum, I didn't mean what I wrote to sound harsh and I appreciate that you followed up for all of us here on .org.

That said, here is what I experienced with this trophy. I just go it earlier this morning. I did it boosting with a friend. We tested the theory from Xbox.org's guide about "Host wins after the 2nd player quits shortly after match start" and that didn't work for us. So after this method was eliminated, we decided to do it the normal way, like you are saying, by simply playing a 1 vs 1 on Domestic Disturbance map with our "Heroes". It was taking about 50 seconds per match. But here's what happened, we had left the 99 wins for last, meaning we already had the 6 straight wins, 10 wins decked out, 8 & 8 wins, 16 total wins plus all the "kill a unit" variety trophies. We figured we each had about 20 wins by now. So about 80 left to do, 50 seconds average should be, let's say 50 wins an hour right? Well, It took over 5 hours for some unknown reason to get my trophy to pop! We just went straight, no taking turns, me first straight up then my friend afterwords, straight up as well. Why did it take me 5 hours? The leaderboards in the game are useless, needless to say they show totally wrong scores so we couldn't use them. We did notice one thing though, If we both didn't wait a bit at the "Game End" screen, the match wouldn't count, wouldn't save for some reason. Sometimes if the host would select "go back" at the end screen before the other person, It would give a message "host has quit the session" and that game most definitely didn't register. Also, sometimes I'm guessing a sync issue, if you would leave too fast, the end screen would only show the winner, as in 1 person. You can't let that happen! Guaranteed that didn't count. On my friend's turn, we did a different approach. Whoever happens to host, would wait at the end screen until the other person leaves. The other person [me in that case] would only leave after that special "winner/looser" music starts. So that way we managed to get the 2nd "99 wins" trophy in about 3 hours. Still longer than it should've been, but we did cut that time down significantly.

I read several posts about people not being able to get this trophy and giving up. I can almost 100% guarantee you that there IS something wrong with the game registering all matches. Not sure exactly what it is that is causing it, but waiting in the "End Screen" did help us substantially. The trophy is NOT glitched per-say, BUT the game registering match wins definitely IS, causing the problems with it. So for anyone who is trying to get this, I advise you to never quit first as host at the end screen and wait few seconds for the music to start if you are not host before exiting. Also, don't give up, just keep at it and it will pop eventually.

It's fine, just an older post and didn't seem like you read his or my post at all :p. But yah the leaderboards are screwed up bad, it kept reseting my wins every other day. But as far as taking 3-5 hours.... I did about 15-20 matches a day cause it was so freaking boring when I did it but I never ran into a problem. It probably took me about 2-3 hours to do it boosting myself with 2 ps3's. But that was 9 months ago. I also did what you read tho, I did it the somewhat legit way... As far as leaving the game at the end, I ALWAYS received the "Host has quit the session" message.

This game did lose support from Sega and the creators like the month the game came out due to lack of sales. I did hear about their servers supposed to be shutting down but that never happened... Only thing I can think of, is the same kind of issue that goes on with servers run by Gamespy. Maybe their servers were on some kind of maintenance period or just the servers weren't recording any of your wins at all. I ran into the same problem with Fear 2... It went 2 months without anyone's xp updating on the leaderboards. Maybe you 2 were caught in something like that.

So since the game has 0 support from the creators and sega, the servers aren't being maintained or watched carefully... As you said, Don't give up. Unless the servers shut down, you will always be able to get the trophy no matter how long it takes.... So ya, don't give up.

Anyways, if you need help with anything let me know.

It's fine, just an older post and didn't seem like you read his or my post at all :p. But yah the leaderboards are screwed up bad, it kept reseting my wins every other day. But as far as taking 3-5 hours.... I did about 15-20 matches a day cause it was so freaking boring when I did it but I never ran into a problem. It probably took me about 2-3 hours to do it boosting myself with 2 ps3's. But that was 9 months ago. I also did what you read tho, I did it the somewhat legit way... As far as leaving the game at the end, I ALWAYS received the "Host has quit the session" message.

This game did lose support from Sega and the creators like the month the game came out due to lack of sales. I did hear about their servers supposed to be shutting down but that never happened... Only thing I can think of, is the same kind of issue that goes on with servers run by Gamespy. Maybe their servers were on some kind of maintenance period or just the servers weren't recording any of your wins at all. I ran into the same problem with Fear 2... It went 2 months without anyone's xp updating on the leaderboards. Maybe you 2 were caught in something like that.

So since the game has 0 support from the creators and sega, the servers aren't being maintained or watched carefully... As you said, Don't give up. Unless the servers shut down, you will always be able to get the trophy no matter how long it takes.... So ya, don't give up.

Anyways, if you need help with anything let me know.

Haha yea F.E.A.R. 2 is so familiar to me lol. Exactly what you described happened to me in Fear 2. I and few others started writing down our Exp earned and calculating it each and every game, because they would update it about 2-3 sometimes 4 days later... It was a nightmare. At the end if you calculated right, logged in after say 4 days you would have the now earned Exp but to trigger the trophy you had to join a random ranked match.

Was a nightmare...people [me including] often felt like we're doing it for nothing, but after we found the late-update pattern by matching our records with games played, won, lost we managed to calm down. In fact, your name now rings a bell, you know devilish47?

Anyway, I tackled the boredom in Stormrise with an old TV innovation called Picture in Picture lol. I suspect you are right. Those servers could be technically "closed". Only the Leaderboards server leased and hosted out somewhere like gamespy with minimal bandwidth. No dedicated servers, players are hosts, so the game will never totally shut down.

devilish47.... Doesn't ring a bell, sorry. Fear2 did get many complaints from us about that, and after awhile they looked into the problem and fixed it, so it took about 15-20mins for the leaderboards to update again.

The only other theory I can think of is your save file holds the record of all your ranked victories and not the server. That would somewhat explain why if you goto the Stormrise leaderboards you will see me up there with like 20 wins, yet I have the trophy and the plat. I never trust that quitting the match bs... If it works cool, if not... you just wasted your time...

Ah no problems, I thought I had seen your name pop in the boost chat for FEAR2. You guys had it easy, 15-20 min... When I did my Platinum we had it not update for days.

About Stormrise. no idea really... If the savefile holds the true count, why wouldn't it push it on to the leaderboards? I'm in same boat, few times it reset my games won to 0. Then with the 99 wins unlocked, I'm at 29 or something. Anyway, About the quiting for the win, we were skeptical too but tested it. Tried getting the "6 wins streak" unsuccessfully so we quickly dismissed it as a total waste.

Ah no problems, I thought I had seen your name pop in the boost chat for FEAR2. You guys had it easy, 15-20 min... When I did my Platinum we had it not update for days.

About Stormrise. no idea really... If the savefile holds the true count, why wouldn't it push it on to the leaderboards? I'm in same boat, few times it reset my games won to 0. Then with the 99 wins unlocked, I'm at 29 or something. Anyway, About the quiting for the win, we were skeptical too but tested it. Tried getting the "6 wins streak" unsuccessfully so we quickly dismissed it as a total waste.

Well there u go :p. And ya, you platinumed the game right as I was getting into it. It was like 1 week after you platinumed it that the servers died... It didn't get fixed till almost January. But I used 3 ps3's with 3 Fear2 copies... I mega boosted with a few friends when the servers were updating again and I plat that game so freaking fast lol... Doing like 80k exp in like 4-5 hours. It was boring but went fast as hell :)

Well there u go :p. And ya, you platinumed the game right as I was getting into it. It was like 1 week after you platinumed it that the servers died... It didn't get fixed till almost January. But I used 3 ps3's with 3 Fear2 copies... I mega boosted with a few friends when the servers were updating again and I plat that game so freaking fast lol... Doing like 80k exp in like 4-5 hours. It was boring but went fast as hell :)

Ha ha hilarious, must have been painful moving back and forth 3 controllers. :applause: Good job nevertheless!

Off-topic: I see you spent a good deal of time on .com, you liking our .org community? At lest you are taking the time to come in and check subscribed topics! :welcome:

Ha ha hilarious, must have been painful moving back and forth 3 controllers. :applause: Good job nevertheless!

Off-topic: I see you spent a good deal of time on .com, you liking our .org community? At lest you are taking the time to come in and check subscribed topics! :welcome:

It wasn't as bad as you think, but ty.

I've actually been here for awhile and I like the community. I never made an account till I needed to post but I rarely post. I just can't stand the layout of the site, and sadly... ".com" changed to the exact format almost... Lol... So I have to just accept it and move on. But I check topics I'm very well informed in to try and help people the best I can.