Starhawk Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Tuffinz

http://i.imgur.com/E713i3z.png

Overview

• Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 5/10
  • Approximate Time To Platinum: 100+ hours (if doing it legitimately) - 30-40 hours if boosting
  • Trophy Breakdown: 37(B) 11(S) 1(G) 1(P)
  • Offline: 30(B) 3(S) 1(G) (A lot of trophies can be done on or offline.)
  • Online: 7(B) 8(S) 0(G) 1(P) (:psn: Pass Required)
  • Missable Trophies: Nope
  • Minimum Playthroughs Needed: 1
  • Glitched Trophies: None so far

Introduction:

Starhawk, the not-quite-a-sequel to Warhawk has arrived! Though the game has pulled all of its core elements from Warhawk, it is entirely different. While Warhawk was strictly a multiplayer game; Starhawk has a story, a campaign and a whole new take on multiplayer gaming. With the new build and battle system you control your strategic destiny. It is up to you and your team to determine what to build, when to build it and how to utilize what you've built. Starhawk also has a co-op mode called Prospector that pits you and your friends against varying waves of enemy types.

Trophy-wise the game is simple. It is nowhere near as difficult as Warhawk. You have campaign story related trophies and difficulty trophies, 3 co-op trophies, a few easy-to-boost online trophies and miscellaneous trophies that can be done in any mode of the game.

Like Warhawk the game has a steep learning curve online. It is difficult to jump in and just be great. It takes time and practice. With that being said, if you're looking for quick trophies you won't need to spend a ton of time online in public servers; everything can be done via splitscreen. Though you do yourself a disservice by boosting a great game - its up to you. Whichever way you decide to tackle it you'll have a blast. The game is simply, epic.

1) Single Player Campaign

The campaign specific trophy requirements are fairly straightforward, all rewarded for story progression and completion, with the ultimate goal being the (G)Only the Beginning... trophy, the rest you get along the way. The hardest difficulty (Mercenary) is available from the start, so if you want only 1 playthrough then you can start on that, Mercenary does provide a significant challenge though, so it may be worth starting out on the a lower difficulty and working your way up if you don't feel comfortable.

On your first playthrough you'll get all the story progression trophies, you can also get a lot of the miscellaneous trophies in either the single player, or online. So chances are you'll get a bunch of those, but don't worry too much about it as you can use chapter select to return to specific locations to get them later, or boost them online/splitscreen.

Note: If you do the mission out of order, for example skip a few on mercenary and go back to finish them later, you may need to replay the last mission again on mercenary to get the trophies to pop.

Mercenary Workaround: You need patch 1.01 installed to utilize this glitch. If you're game has the most recent patch you need to delete your game data and reinstall it. When it gets to patch 1.01 stop the download process for the subsequent patches. IT WILL ONLY WORK ON VERSION 1.01 You can play through all 10 missions on easy and change your difficulty to mercenary right before the mission ends to get credit for completing them on mercenary. See Only the Beginning... for more information.

2) Multiplayer

The online trophies require you to get 100 wins in 3 separate game modes (Capture the flag, Team Deathmatch & Zones), and not really a whole lot else. Depending on how you approach it (boosting or not) it may take a long time, but the online is where this game really shines, even so you're looking at a substantial time investment. See the (S)CTF Veteran, (S)Zones Veteran & (S)TDM Veteran trophies for more information on the game modes, and also boosting methods. Other trophies such as (S)Outlaw (1000 MP kills) will easily come along the way if playing normally.

The other part to this would be to get any of the miscellaneous trophies that you don't already have, refer to the trophies you are missing in the guide. Most can be boosted with 2 people if both parties have two controllers.

3) Co-op

The co-op mode in Starhawk is called Prospector mode, which sees up to 4 people fight against waves of enemies. There are 3 trophies attached to this mode, to get them all you'll need to win 50 Prospector games, and survive at least 1 without dying. See (S)Prospector Veteran for more information on this mode.

4) Clean up

If you complete all other steps then this shouldn't be needed, but if you are still missing anything, now is the time to go get it.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Controls/Weapons/Loadouts Information

The following information is geared towards helping one out in the multiplayer aspect of the game. The single player campaign does a decent job of explaining things but isn't as thorough as some may want. Be aware that the descriptions here and suggestions on the use of the weapons/controls etc are all made for playing the game online. While a lot of the tips/suggestions will also work in the campaign and in co-op, the focus is multiplayer.

Troop Controls:

:ls: - Move Character

:rs: - Aim Weapons

:r3: - Melee

:l1: - Aim/Zoom Weapon

:l2: - Throw Grenade

:r1: - Fire

:r2: - Sprint

:dpad: - toggle weapons

:cross: - Jump

:circle: - Crouch

:triangle: - Access Build and Battle Wheel

:square: - Reload/Enter and Exit Vehicles

Troop Weapons:

Just like Warhawk your weapons are acquired via pick ups (minus a couple) and you access them via the dpad. There is a weapon wheel so to speak and you utilize the dpad to choose which weapon you want to use from the ones you have available. Listed below are the weapons and their details:

Knife: The knife is available at all times. You press :r3: to melee. You do not have to choose it from your weapons wheel.

LR-3 Railgun: The railgun is essentially a sniper rifle. It can only be obtained via building a Watchtower or by picking it up off of a dead enemy that had one. It's a one shot kill if you get a head shot and two shot kill on the rest of the body. The range is far and it's highly effective. When you press :l1: to aim you can click in the :r3: button to zoom closer.

Tetranite Grenade: You spawn in with grenades already available. There are pick ups for these on the maps, in the bunker and you can also obtain them from dropped enemies. You throw grenades with :l2:. Their range is far and they're very deadly. Use them wisely and often.

Kinetic Rifle: This is your main weapon. You're given this weapon right from the start. You can obtain ammo for it by building a bunker of picking it up off of dropped enemies. It is a great weapon and best used while aiming (:l1:). It is more effective if you tap :r1: when shooting rather than holding it down. When you tap it the bullets don't spray all over the place as much.

R-Sec Proximity Charge: This weapon is the equivalent of a landmine. You place it on the ground or on structures (or even on vehicles) and when an enemy gets near by it blows. They are great defensive tools. There aren't any structures in your build wheel that will give you this weapon. These are spread out in the maps and you have to pick them up. For an example see the map below the Welding Torch write up of Conduit. It shows all of their locations.

Welding Torch: The welding torch is a repair tool. It will heal vehicles or structures that have taken damage. They're effect if used strategically. If you're dogfighting grab one before you head out and if you take too much damage; land and heal. If a structure you're trying to maintain is taking damage; heal it etc. There aren't any structures in your build wheel that will give you this weapon. These are spread out in the maps and you have to pick them up. For an example see the map below of Conduit. It shows all of their locations.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/starhawkconduit.jpg

Photo Courtesy of PlaystationLifestyle.com

M.A.W. Rocket Launcher: The rocket launcher can only be found by building a Bunker or off of an enemy that's dropped one. It is a great anti-air tool with the capability of locking onto Hawks AND jetpacks. It takes two shots to take out a hawk and one shot to take out a jetpack. It holds 8 rounds at a time and reloads after each shot. It's very powerful but kind of slow. It's greatest use is in helping to take out air threats.

Galloway Revolver: This is your pistol. Unlike Warhawk you aren't given it from the start and it does run out of ammo. You'll find this weapon throughout a map or off of other players. It's supposedly more powerful but I have yet to witness it's usefulness unless it's the last weapon I have left. I wouldn't say it's one you should worry about picking up right away.

Union Shotgun: The shotgun can only be found by building a Bunker or off of an enemy that's dropped one. It's a very very powerful close range tool. Depending on how close you are to your enemy it's a one shot kill. Great use when defending a flag in CTF or when you're in close range combat with an opponent.

Grinder: The grinder can only be found throughout the map as a pick up. There is so structure that spawns one. The grinder is very similar to a flame torch. It's a great tool against vehicles and structures as it quickly destroys them. It can also be used against enemies.

Edited by TheFlyingToaster

Hawk Controls:

The hawk controls are going to be completely dependent on what you're comfortable with. I personally use the Classic Arcade Flight brought over from Warhawk because that's what I'm comfortable with. My suggestion for beginners would be to do the single player first where you're able to get a feel for the controls or hop into the Explore mode to find out which of the controls suit you best. There are 3 options: Advanced Flight, Normal Flight and Classic Arcade Flight.

There are also 3 different types of Missile Scrub Methods. I don't use any of them as I do my own dodging and evading but again, try them all out and see what suites you best.

Finally, if you're familiar with Warhawk one thing to take note of is that there is no longer a "Hover" mode for the Hawk. It stays into continual flight. When you press :circle: it takes the Hawk into mech mode and you're a transformer type mech that can do ground damage. You're still able to utilize all of the hawk weapons and you also have a stomp (:r3:) that can take out ground troops.

Hawk Weapons:

The following are all of the weapons available for the Hawk. When you start off in the Hawk you're only given Swarm Lasers and your machine gun. Your machine gun never runs out it but it will overheat. You use it with the :r1: button. The rest of the weapons you obtain via pick ups on the map. They are color coded and look just like the image in your weapon wheel. You toggle your weapons with the dpad.

Defensively you're given the flares :r3: to help you scrub missiles. If you're having trouble dodging then hit :r3: and it'll throw the missiles off your tail.

See each individual weapon below for a short description of it's use and value.

Swarm Laser: Pick up is purple in color. These are missiles and they're fast. They're very effective but not too powerful. It will take quite a few of them to deal a good amount of damage. They go well with the machine gun. Light up your enemy with the machine guns as you're releasing the missiles for the most effectiveness. You can unleash 8 at once depending on how well you've locked onto your target. They're the most common of the weapons. You hold down :l1: to lock up to the 8 missiles onto your target; tap :l1: to determine how many missiles are released onto your target.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/swarmlaser.png

Homing Missile: Pick up is yellow in color. Unlock in Warhawk the homing missile isn't very affective against pilots online. The AI in single player has trouble dodging them but most online players dodge them easily. They are very powerful and deal a ton of damage but good luck hitting someone with them with as slow as they are. You hold down :l1: to lock one missile onto your target; release when ready.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/homingmissile.png

Flak: Pickup is orange in color. The flak weapon is my new best friend. The best description I can give is to think of it like a shotgun in the sky. Just get close enough behind your opponent and tap :l1:. If you're fast and close enough they'll go down in two shots. For maximum effectiveness start off by hitting them with the machine guns.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/Flak.png

Air Mines: Pickup is green in color. You simply release these into the air and if an enemy comes near them they attach and blow up. Four release at a time. They're great defensive tools.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/airmines.png

Clusterbomb: Pickup is lightgreen in color. This is your biggest and baddest air to ground tool. What I mean is, if there's something or someone on the ground you want to take out from your hawk then you'll want to use this. It releases 4 very powerful bombs onto the ground. Just line up the site in the general direction on the ground where you want it to go and release. It's not an effective air tool as the bombs are heavy and start falling to the ground right away.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/clusterbomb.png

Cloak: Pickup is purple in color. The cloak essentially makes you invisible. It is timed and runs out eventually. It's best used to get away from enemies if you're overwhelmed or to be sneaky and stealthy.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/Cloak.png

Shield: This pickup is blue in colour. If you're in defense mode and are being chased by hawks then set your shield on, it will help absorb some damage but it doesn't last forever though so make sure you get away and get on the offensive.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/shield.png

Torpedo: Pickup is dark blue in color. This is Starhawk's version of the TOW. It's not my favorite and I don't like it as much as I enjoyed Warhawk's version but that's ok. This is the mother of all bombs. It will destroy the enemy's shield, their structures etc. It is super powerful. You have to hit :l1: and then let it charge. Once it's charged you can direct it where you want it to go and then release it. BoOom. Be careful though because your hawk will follow and if you aren't fast enough you'll go boom with it.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/torpedo.png

Loadouts

The build and battle system is comprised of different loadouts that you can choose from when creating a multi-player room. These loadouts contain what you're allowed to build and utilize. The following are what is contained in each available loadout.

Note on Blitz loadouts: The loadouts with (Blitz) next to them are merely the same except there are pre-set builds when you spawn in. You can either use what's already been built to reclaim them and build your own.

Classic Beta:

• Wall
  • Garage
  • Auto Turret
  • Watchtower
  • Outpost
  • Supply Bunker
  • Vulture Station
  • Launch Pad
  • Beam Turret
  • Shield Generator

Air Superiority:

• Supply Bunker
  • Vulture Station
  • Launch Pad
  • Flak Turret
  • A.R.M.
  • Shield Generator

Ground Pounder:

• Wall
  • Corral
  • Garage
  • Auto Turret
  • Watchtower
  • Outpost
  • Supply Bunker
  • A.R.M.
  • Beam Turret
  • Depot
  • Shield Generator

Lone Wolf:

• Corral
  • Watchtower
  • Outpost
  • Supply Bunker
  • Vulture Station
  • Launch Pad
  • A.R.M.

Heavy Weight:

• Wall
  • Corral
  • Auto Turret
  • Watchtower
  • Outpost
  • Supply Bunker
  • A.R.M.
  • Launch Pad
  • Beam Turret
  • Depot
  • Shield Generator

Dogfight: You're only given Hawks that auto-spawn in and there is no build and battle system.

Build and Battle Structures/Vehicles:

Wall: The most basic structure available, used to wall off bases, protect flags/zones. They can be linked to each other and also to certain other structres like the beam/flak turrets. They can be upgraded to a gate from the control panel, which will only open for members of your team.

Cost - 1

Upgrade Cost - 1

Corral: Small structure that spawns Sidewinder Bikes for your team. Small, nimble, but weak single seat transport. Cheap to build and spawn new vehicles.

Cost - 2

Vehicle Spawn Cost - 1

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/jetbike.jpg

Garage: Spawns Razorbacks, this games jeep. Can carry up to 3 of your team, one driving, one in the passenger seat, and one stands on the turret in the back. Great for transporting team members. When in the vehicle, press and hold :cross: to switch position.

Cost - 4

Vehicle Spawn Cost - 2

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/razorback.jpg

Auto Turret: Small turret, effective against ground troops and great for helping to reinforce defensive positions. Fairly cheap to make and can be attached to other structures such as walls. They can also be added to certain pre-existing structres on the maps, for example around your flag there are usually spots in CTF mode.

Cost - 3

Watch Tower: Cheap to make and give you an elevated view of the surrounding area. At the top spawns a LR-3 Railgun, along with an ammo crate.

Cost - 3

Outpost: These are extra spawn points for your team that can be placed anywhere on the map, and can help setting up a mini base near your enemies base in modes like CTF, to give your team a big advantage. They cost a lot of rift, but if used effectively it can definitely be worth it. Definitely put thought into their placement though, preferably out of the way, if it's easy for the enemy to get at them then they are easy to take out.

Cost - 8

Supply Bunker: Used to supply your troops. When inside you are protected from enemy fire and the doors only open for your team, though the enemy could still get in the hatch at the top. Inside spawns a M.A.W. Rocket Launcher, a Union Shotgun, Tetranite Grenades and an Ammo Crate.

Cost - 4

Vulture Station: Used to spawn Jetpacks for your team. You fly with the jetpack by jumping with :cross: and then holding down :r2: to stay in flight. Your boost only has so much energy so eventually you'll come falling to the ground until it refills. This is a great tool for CTF; getting over walls and getting away quickly. It's also good for getting your troop to high places not regularly accessible. Be aware that hawks can lock missiles onto you if you're in flight as can rocket launchers.

Cost - 5

Vehicle Spawn Cost - 2

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/jetpacl.jpg

Launch Pad: Used to spawn Hawks/Mechs for your team. Your single seater aircraft and star of the show. Can be effective in all situations. See the Hawk section above for advice/information about the Hawk/Mech. It's definitely the most important weapon and tool in the game.

Cost - 6

Vehicle Spawn Cost - 2

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/hawk1.jpg

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/mech.jpg

Beam Turret/Flak Turret: Large turret effective against vehicles, especially hawks. Shoots out a large visible energy beams. They can be upgraded to a flak turret from the control panel. These only fire on hawks though, but are extremely effective. Both turrets will automatically fire on enemies when they are in range, but you can enter them by going up and press :square: if you want to fire manually.

Cost - 6

Upgrade Cost -

Depot: Spawns the Ox-Heavy Tank. Extremely powerful ground vehicle against enemy troops/vehicles/structures. Expensive to make at first, but cheap to spawn subsequent tanks for your team. Can carry two of your team, on drives and another goes in the hatch at the top. Use :cross: while inside to switch position.

The Tank has two fire modes, you can switch between them with :left: & :right:. One is your standard tank round, which you can fire two of before needing to reload, the other is an artillery based fire mode, which does more damage than the standard tank fire. It fires in a large arc that you can use to bombard enemy positions from safety behind cover, It's difficult to hit moving targets however.

Cost - 10

Vehicle Spawn Cost - 2

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy257/1tuffmuff/Starhawk/tank1.jpg

A.R.M.: Stationary piece of machinary that repairs your structures and vehicles, and will also damage enemy vehicles if they get too close. They are easy to destroy so should be placed well, but having one close is invaluable if you are in a vehicle. Placing one in a bubble shield is a good strategy, allowing you to retreat to it when damaged and safely get repairs.

Cost - 4

Shield Generator: Large bubble shield that blocks all incoming fire, ideal to place around key structures in defense of your base, and helpful also when setting out outposts out in the field. If the enemy do get inside though they can be easily destroyed, and also the Hawk's Torpedo can be used to penetrate the shield.

Cost - 10

Edited by Tuffinz

General MultiPlayer Tips

• If you're new to the game, play the campaign first and get comfortable with the controls etc
  • The hawk is the most powerful and effective weapon. Get comfortable and efficient in it. Especially if you plan on playing online a long while.
  • Utilize a skill that benefits your gameplay. (see Skills list below)
  • Communicate with your team. The game is very strategy based. If you are able to work together you'll win more.
  • Learn the structures before hopping online. Know what you need and when you need it.
  • Don't build duplicates! If there is already a launchpad, don't build another one.
  • Don't leave vehicles at the enemy base for them to steal. If you're taking a hawk over to the enemy base to grab a flag, blow it up before you leave it. I promise you they'll use it against you if given the opportunity.
  • Remember the objective. If its a team deathmatch don't camp back at the base. Go out there and kill!!

Skills

You earn skills points every time you rank up. In order to unlock skills you need the necessary amount of skill points and the prerequisite to that skill. Only one skill can be active at a time so pick your skill wisely. Sometimes depending on what mode you're playing or how you're playing you may want to adjust your skill.

The available Skills are as follows:

Scavenger: Increased ammo received from pickups, increased max ammo

Prerequisite: Get 1 kill with every troop weapon in a single game

Weapon Mods: Larger clip size for all troop weapons & longer overheat time for vehicle weapons

Prerequisite: Get the most kills on the winning team

Marksman: Slower bullet spread increase when continuously firing, faster spread recovery, & reduced base spread

Prerequisite: Kill 2 enemies with 1 railgun shot

Field Mechanic: Gradually repair any vehicle you're in automatically

Prerequisite: Get at least 10 kills in a game using a vehicle.

Fuel Efficiency: Increased max fuel for the jetpack and hawk

Prerequisite: Earn the Dogfighter medal (Get 10 air-to-air kills in a round)

Engine Mods: Increased max speed of vehicles

Prerequisite: Get the most road kills on the winning team

Rift Economy: Gather more rift energy

Prerequisite: Earn both the Builder and Battler medals in the same match

Rift Affinity: Slowly gather rift over time, even when you're not in a base

Prerequisite: Collect the most rift on the winning team.

Quick learner: Gain more XP

Prerequisite: Win 3 matches in a row

Squad Leader: Allow teammates to spawn at your position

Prerequisite: Earn the most XP on the winning team

Combat Intel: Show all enemies on the radar

Prerequisite: Destroy an enemy Outpost within 60 seconds after it has been built

Stealthy: Never show up on enemy radars. This overrides Combat Intel Skill

Prerequisite: Get 10 melee kills in 1 game

Turret Jammer: Prevent unmanned enemy turrets from firing at you

Prerequisite: Destroy 10 enemy turrets in 1 game.

Shock Trooper: Reduced respawn time

Prerequisite: Kill an enemy vehicle with your drop pod

Fast Lock: Faster rocket & missile lock acquisition

Prerequisite: Earn the anti-air medal

Vengeance: Show an in-world notifier on your most recent killer at all times. Get special XP and rift award when you kill him

Prerequisite: Kill the enemy that just killed you

Hyper-Aware: Nearby mines and players show in-world notifiers, even if invisible or out of LOS (line-of-sight)

Prerequisite: Destroy 10 enemy land mines during 1 game.

Bruiser: Your melee attack damages buildings & vehicles

Prerequisite: Destroy 3 turrets with melee in 1 game.

Escape Artist: Survive the destruction of vehicles or buildings

Prerequisite: Hop out of 10 buildings/vehicles right before they are destroyed

Hacker: Use enemy control panels to spawn vehicles & capture buildings

Prerequisite: Kill an enemy inside his own supply bunker

Low Profile: Don't attract or detonate enemy land or air mines

Prerequisite: Destroy 10 enemy land or air mines in 1 match.

Sniper: Always spawn with a railgun

Prerequisite: Get 10 railgun kills in 1 game

Heavy Weapon: Always spawn with a MAW rocket launcher

Prerequisite: Get 10 MAW kills in 1 game

Engineer: Always spawn with a welding torch

Prerequisite: Earn the Repairman medal

Point Man: Always spawn with a shotgun

Prerequisite: Get 10 shotgun kills in 1 game

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/D55.jpg (P) Starhawk Veteran

Earn every single trophy in Starhawk.

Tuff has declared you a bad ass. Enjoy your plat!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/91E.jpg (B)(H) Homecoming

Complete mission 1: "Homecoming"

Story related, cannot be missed.

This mission is extremely introductory. It’s not difficult at all and you’re basically learning the basics of ground combat and the build and battle system.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/D4A.jpg (B)(H) The Freightway

Complete mission 2: "The Freightway"

This level is also very introductory. You’ll begin with learning the hawk basics. It’s a very heavy dogfight mission but you’ll be fine. Find the flight controls that suit you best (change these under “settings” and then “flight controls”)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/7B4.jpg (B)(H) Harvest Season

Complete mission 3: "Harvest Season"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH3]Your first challenge will come in this mission. Mercenary actually gets a bit difficult. The first part is a dogfight. You’ll have 6 hawks after you at once. It’s not too bad, take your time and stay on the offensive. If they’re running from you they can’t shoot at you.

The Second part brings you to the ground where a influx of pods will drop. Most of these enemies have rocket launchers. You can tell the rocket launcher enemies from the regular enemies by their color. The rocket launcher enemies are red. My recommendation is that if you’re comfortable in the hawk, stay in it. Fly to the top of the structures and shoot missiles and your machine guns down into the enemies. If you take too much damage, take flight and get the health spread out around the space station (the pickup is red in color). Come back and continue firing. Try to focus on the rocket launching enemies first and be aware that it only takes two shots of a launcher to kill you.

For the third part you’ll need to get to the outside and secure the platform. Move slowly and pick off the ground troops. Again try to take out the rocket launcher enemies first. Once you get the platform secured you’ll need to build a rift extractor.

Fourth part of this mission will bring swarms of enemies from 3 directions. The game will show you exactly where they’ll be coming from so you can develop your strategy. Set up a bunker so you can have enough ammo and then build as many turrets as possible. Luckily the pods don’t drop in all 3 areas at once. They start on the right. Once you’ve finished them off a Mech will land. Grab a rocket launcher, set up a wall for cover and go to town. It’ll take about 4-5 rocket launcher shots to take down. Man Vs Machine will pop after you defeat that mech.

Final part of the mission will take you to the sky again. Homing missiles are introduced, like the beginning just pick them off. Stay aggressive and you’ll take them out in no time. They don’t dodge the missiles very well at all.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/A9E.jpg (B)(H) Man vs. Machine

Defeat the mech in "Harvest Season"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SHmech]The mech will land towards the end of Level 3. Simply grab a rocket launcher, set up a wall for cover and go to town. It’ll take about 4-5 rocket launcher shots to take down. If you take too much damage then hide or run around until your screen goes back to normal. It will kill you quickly if you stay out in the open.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/3A5.jpg (B)(H) The Pipeline

Complete mission 4: "The Pipeline"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH4]First part of mission 4 introduces snipers. Build a sniper tower and take them out first. Then deal with the regular ground troops. Once you’ve taken a majority of them out you’ll need to activate the rift processor.

Once you’ve activated it you’ll be notified of incoming pods. There are two locations. The first set of pods will spawn near the rift processor. You need to defend the processor. Just set up turrets and take them out quickly. The next set of pods will spawn near the platform to the right of the processor. A ton of rocket launcher enemies will arrive. Build a bunker quickly and however many turrets you can and grab the shotgun. Use grenades and the shotgun (which is super powerful) to quickly destroy these guys. If you’re too slow they’ll destroy the rift processor in no time.

Right after this the Apex Warrior will arrive. He looks scary but he’s easy. Throw some turrets down and go to town shooting him with a rocket launcher. Make sure to keep moving; in a circular fashion is best. He’ll shoot projectiles at you that explode and he’ll pound the ground that shoots rift energy towards you. If you constantly move and continue firing at him you’ll kill him in under 30 seconds. The Harder They Fall trophy should pop.

After you’ve defeated the Apex Warrior you’ll begin another dogfight. Take out the 6 hawks. Be aware of the air mines that they deploy. You can use the chaff button (:r3:) to get rid of them but that’s the only defense you have and it takes forever to recharge. After the hawks are down 3 sets of rocket launcher ground troops will show up. The fastest and most effective weapon to use against these guys are the cluster bombs. They’re the green colored pick ups and you choose them by pressing down on the dpad while in the hawk. Fly near the ground troops and quickly shoot these off. They die fast. If rockets start coming your way use chaff (:r3:).

Another dogfight will commence. Once those guys are taken care of you’ll need to assist some ground troops being attacked. Again make use of the cluster bombs. After those guys are done a pod swarm will arrive and the game will suggest you build defenses. I just built as many turrets as possible and hopped back in the hawk. Apex warriors will arrive along with ground troops. Simply continue killing until you’re able to set up a shield generator. For this part I actually stayed in the hawk the entire time shooting down on them with cluster bombs until it was time for the shield.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/484.jpg (B)(H) The Harder They Fall

Defeat the Apex Warrior in "The Pipeline"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SHapex]The Apex Warrior looks scary but he’s easy. He’ll arrive towards the end of Mission 4 (see The Pipeline for more info). Throw some turrets down and go to town shooting him with a rocket launcher. Make sure to keep moving; in a circular fashion is best. He’ll shoot projectiles at you that explode and he’ll pound the ground that shoots rift energy towards you. If you constantly move and continue firing at him you’ll kill him in under 30 seconds.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/3C8.jpg (B)(H) Ballard's Crossing

Complete mission 5: "Ballard's Crossing"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH5]The mission opens with scrappers - These enemies are fast and swarm you. They die easily though. Just keep moving away and shooting into them. They’ll die quickly.

Afterwards you’ll need to cap the rift they were guarding and then two others. You’ll be given the razorback vehicle and ability to spawn in help via an outpost. Utilize these tools. The rift to the left has snipers and the rift to the right has rocket launchers. The snipers are the more difficult of the two. On mercenary they deal a lot of damage. Take cover and knock their towers down; then pick them off from the ground. On the rocket launcher rift just take the razorback over there and run over as many of them as you can - pick off the rest.

Now you’ll need to defend the rifts. This part blatantly sucks. You’re up against 3 razorbacks at a time and all you have is yourself driving and the AI shooting and the AI SUCKS. I’ll explain what strategy I used. First I set up an A.R.M. The A.R.M. is a tool that repairs your vehicles. In turn it also destroys enemy vehicles if they’re close enough. Because you’re 1 vs 3 you’ll need this tool. I also immediately drove to the area where the enemy razorbacks spawn and threw a wall up. It doesn’t completely block them but it causes them to bunch up and disorients them; giving you valuable time to attack. You are given 3 chances here. If they destroy the first two rifts its ok. If they destroy the final one, you lose. The last rift is located in a good position, up a slope with not a lot of space around it, so the enemies need to get close to damage it, I also set up an arm or two around this area which ended up destroying some of the razorbacks.

For the next part you’ll be driving to the next area. You’ll come across spawning enemies and hawks. Avoid the hawks and run over the enemies.

The last section has you defending once again. You’ll defend against waves of ground troops, razorback and at the end a Mech. Set up a wall facing away from the rift extractor. If you set it up in the most narrow area it’ll block the razorbacks and you can destroy them as they’re trying to take down the wall. Next take out the enemy ground troops. Do your best to throw down turrets as you receive rift energy. Lastly the mech will arrive. Again I used a wall for cover and slow shot rockets and grenades at him. Depending on your ammo situation you may need to make a bunker. Once the mech is down the mission is complete.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/2C7.jpg (B)(H) Train Robbery

Complete mission 6: "Train Robbery"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH6]The beginning of mission 6 starts you off on the ground. Get rid of the 5 or so ground troops and move into the next area. Here you’ll be given the jetpack for the first time. You’ll need to destroy the flak turrets in order to clear the air for your hawk. It takes two rocket launchers shots to take down the turret. As you’re destroying the turrets you’ll encounter enemy jetpack troops. Just take them down as you come across them. Try to only take on one at a time. Take your time.

The next section takes you into the air. Good old fashion dogfight. You also need to destroy the drop ships that are destroying the cargo. These die really fast if you use the flak weapon on the hawk (press right on the dpad) - the pick up is an orange color. Shoot your machine gun using :r1: and then utilize the flak weapon. They’ll go down quick. Finish off the waves of enemies that are trying to destroy the cargo to complete this area. Make sure to be aggressive against the enemy hawks. They are terrible at dodging and die fast so long as you don’t waste time running from them. The opportunity you give them to shoot at you the harder it is. Endure this enough and a cutscene will appear and dozens of dropships will move in. At this point you simply need to escape.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/9EF.jpg (B)(H) The Pit

Complete mission 7: "The Pit"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH7]We start this mission on the ground. Take out the ground troops that don’t even realize you’re there and grab those razorbacks. Head over into the next area. Don’t stop and attempt to kill the snipers along the way; you’ll just die. Ride right through and run over any that you can.

When you get to the next area take care of the ground troops. Eventually you’ll be given the option to build things. I recommend immediately getting up in the air. Patiently pick off the troops on the ground. Make use of the cluster bombs and just take them all out. You’ll need to make sure and destroy the pod beacons (they look like star shaped things on the map) and they allow more pods to drop in. If you don’t take those out the enemies will forever spawn.

Once these guys are dead you’ll need to exit the hawk and check a hatch. Of course it can’t be opened and you’re ambushed. Get back in the air and take out the ambushers. Some of them have jetpacks but are still easy to take out with the hawk. Just fly by and shoot.

Once you’ve killed them all you’ll need to place the rift bomb. Before you place the rift bomb I recommend some strategic moves. It should be noted that you have infinite amount of time at this point, nothing will happen until you place the bomb, so if you want to make this easy for yourself you can stock up on rift from the barrels dotted around and build up defenses. First place a full wall barrier around where the rift bomb is going to be. Then on top of the walls place as many turrets as you can. Its also worth getting in your hawk and stocking up, you can grab the cluster bomb pick up 3 times before you are full, and it decimates large groups of ground troops so is worth it. You can mine the sky around the bomb area, and pick up the flak, all this should help you take out the hawks quickly and get back to the ground in time for the groups spawning there. Once you place the bomb enemy hawks will appear first; take them out as quickly as possible. Ground troops spawn in fairly quickly and they’ll destroy the bomb quickly too. Once the enemy hawks are taken care focus on the ground troops. Stay in your hawk, and use cluster bombs on the groups of enemies. They’ll spawn from left of the bomb to the right. As you gain rift energy throw down more turrets and just be as precise as possible when picking them off. Utilizing the machine guns and cluster bombs is best, but if you run out of ammo, either run quickly to get more if you get a break between enemy spawns, or just use your swarm/homing missiles. You’ll be given a countdown... when you’re told you have 10 seconds left you’re almost finished and the bomb will blow. Making An Entrance will pop.

Once the above section is complete you’ll need to escape. Just keep moving and pick off the enemies as you go and need to. Don’t waste time on enemies that aren’t able to do damage to you. You’ll be given jet packs and will need to fly to the top of the structure to escape. Fly from platform to platform killing enemies as you go. Try to keep moving. When you reach the top the mission is done.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/9D5.jpg (B)(H) Making An Entrance

Detonate the rift bomb in "The Pit"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=sHpit]This comes towards the end of Mission 7. You'll be told that you need to place the rift bomb. Before you place the rift bomb I recommend some strategic moves. First place a full wall barrier around where the rift bomb is going to be. Then on top of the walls place as many turrets as you can with what rift you have. Once you place the bomb enemy hawks will appear; take them out as quickly as possible. Ground troops spawn in fairly quickly and they’ll destroy the bomb quickly too. Once the enemy hawks are taken care of focus on the ground troops. Stay in your hawk. They’ll spawn from left of the bomb to the right. As you gain rift energy throw down more turrets and just be as precise as possible when picking them off. Utilizing the machine guns, swarm missiles and cluster bombs is best. You’ll be given a countdown... when you’re told you have 10 seconds left you’re almost finished. See The Pit for additional information.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/2D0.jpg (B)(H) Ashes

Complete mission 8: "Ashes"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH8]You need to find the survivors! You start this mission on the ground. Just use cover and make your way into the town. After you meet up with Tilley on the roof a tank will appear. You can use rocket launchers or even better, you can build beam turrets. These will help you greatly in taking out the tank. Once this tank is taken care of you’ll have more ground enemies to fight and then a cutscene.

After the cutscene you’ll be told that more enemies are inbound. Specifically, ground troops, razorbacks and tanks. Ground troops will spawn first, followed by razorbacks on the right and the tank on the left. This part gets extremely hectic. Do your best to stay in cover and take out enemies as best as possible. Set up a beam turret towards the right and left where the razorbacks and tanks will come from and a bunker in the middle. Try to maintain the bunker as long as possible. As you earn rift, throw down small turrets or even beam turrets if you earn enough.

Once all of those enemies are dealt with more tanks will arrive and will start firing artillery shells at you from a distance. You’ll be given the option to build a depot where a tank will spawn. Move up slowly and attack from a distance. Razorbacks will show up to give you hell so take them out first. Build an A.R.M. so that you can get healed as you take damage but don’t stay in one spot for too long as they’ll hone in on you. Get healed and keep moving. There are 3 tanks to deal with. When they’re done this section is finished.

Once you get back towards the town all hell breaks loose. Hawks will come first, followed by Apex Warriors, Ground Troops and another Tank. Make sure you still have beam turrets up. Put even more up if you can afford to. You’ll need them on the hawks. They’ll also help out greatly on the tanks. Stay in your tank and kill kill kill. Just kill as fast as you can. It's also in your best interest to get an A.R.M. up fast to repair your tank, as it will take a lot of damage and be destroyed quickly otherwise. This sections gets very very hectic. Once the last Apex warrior is dead you’re done with this mission.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/348.jpg (B)(H) Sever

Complete mission 9: "Sever"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=SH9]You start off in the air! Woot! You have to destroy the outcast drop ships. Unfortunately you also have to dogfight. Focus on taking out the enemy hawks and then move onto the dropships. The enemies are utilizing a shield generator on one of the asteroids. You’re first introduced to the “torpedo” here. You have to shoot the generator with it to take it down. You shoot it my holding down :r1: until it charges and then pressing :r1: again when you’re ready to let it blast. Charge it until you reach inside the shield and then let it do its magic. Continue destroying the dropships to finish this section.

The next section is about survival. First you need to destroy the beam turrets spread out along the ship. They are destroyed the easiest using cluster bombs and your machine gun. Make sure to move evasively. The beam turrets deal a lot of damage.

Once you’re finished with those you need to work on destroying the ship. First you need to build beam turrets. The game will direct you to exactly where they need to be placed. Once you place it enemy troops in jet packs will come to destroy it. This is another section that you have infinite time, and it's in your best interest to utilise that fact, and all the rift barrels on both sides of the ship, to make things a ton easier for yourself. I built walls with turrets along the marks section, they will light up with the posts already there, I also called in an outpost, and built several arms around where my beam turrets were going to be. I maxed out on rift (12 slots) and built 3 beam turrets quickly where marked, the more beam turrets the faster they will cut through the ship. With this I could just hang back in the hawk, out of harms way and the beam turrets got the job done before they got anywhere close to being destroyed. You should add your support though with cluster bombs on the groups of enemy troops, but don't do anything risky. Kill these guys and the other ground troops that pod in. Now that the ship is exposed grab a torpedo and shoot it inside. The game will direct you to exactly where.

You’re damaging the ship but now you’re going to have to dogfight some more. Deal with the enemy hawks as normal. Once they’re all destroyed you need to repeat on the opposite side of the ship what you did before, taking time to prepare makes it a lot easier, this time apex warriors spawn though so try and take them out from the hawk using cluster bombs if you can. Get your beam turrets ready and get the ship exposed. Shoot a torpedo in its side and then finally, into its core. Mission finished.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/D9B.jpg (B)(H) The Source

Complete mission 10: "The Source"

Mercenary Walkthrough:

[spoiler=shlogan10]

You're looking for Logan. When you first land you'll be searching and as you search you'll come across lots of ground troops. Take your time and take them out as you go. You'll come to an open area and will be given a sniper rifle. Pick off the enemies from afar to make your life easier.

Once you've taken all of the enemies out then move up. Next up will be two apex warriors. Keep moving, toss grenades and shoot them with your rifle. So long as you move in a circular fashion and keep on the offensive they shouldn't post a problem. Alternatively, if you still have your sniper rifle you can hang back in the tunnel before this area and pick off the Apex Warriors. Takes two head shots to take them down. They won't advance on you but will throw projectiles at you. Right after you kill them Logan will appear and the Family Reunion trophy will pop.

The fight with Logan is simple. Just shoot him with the rifle and toss grenades at him. Behind one of the rocks in this area is ammo. It shows up as yellow dots on the map. Just run in a circular motion and shoot him. He'll get hurt and then a mini cutscene starts up with Emmett and Logan talking to each other, then the fight resumes. This goes on for quite some time.

Once Emmett says "Then it's time I cut you loose." The fight is nearly over. Keep shooting and then watch the cutscene.

You didn't think it was going to be that easy did you?

Start throwing down beam turrets like crazy. I had six going. The rift monster will start throwing projectiles. You'll know they're coming because the ground will have bluish circles on it and that is the radius of the projectiles. Make sure you aren't near them. Eventually the beam turrets will take it down. Hop in one of them for safety and shoot at it (you also gain rift if you actively shoot at it while inside one while you won't gain rift if it auto-shoots at it.) Once it's down you'll build a rift rig over it. Now you have to defend it. The enemies that spawn here are only interested in destroying the generator. I've found that this part of the game is glitchy and sometime these ground enemies appear stuck; this is all in your favor. Kill them all and then watch as Logan... takes to the air.

Build a launchpad and go dogfight that bastard. If you don't know how to dodge missiles by now you might have an issue. He shoots a serious amount of energy at you. Be patient, dodge and stay aggressive. Watch out for the rift energy he leaves floating in the air. It damages your hawk. Swarm missiles, your machine gun and the flak gun work wonders against him. Once you've destroyed him head back down and build another rig.

Once again you need to defend it. Kill all of the ground troops and get ready for round 3. Start throwing down beam turrets. Ground troops will now swarm you but its ok because you need the rift energy. Keep throwing down beam turrets and attacking the ground troops. Remember the ammo behind the rock. The rift monster will slowly blow some of the turrets so make sure to continue building them as the go down. Eventually the beam turrets will work its magic and you'll need to place a final rig.

See video below for a visual on this walkthrough:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNH_wxO3IZI]Starhawk Campaign Final Boss Battle - Mercenary Difficulty - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/E49.jpg (B)(H) Family Reunion

Meet Logan face-to-face in "The Source"

Story related, cannot be missed. See The Source for more information.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/5D0.jpg (B)(H) Rest In Peace, Logan

Complete the campaign on Normal difficulty or higher.

See, Only the Beginning...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/AC3.jpg (S)(H) Savior of the Spur

Complete the campaign on Hard difficulty or higher.

See, Only the Beginning...

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/62D.jpg (G)(H) Only the Beginning...

Complete the campaign on Mercenary difficulty.

Mercenary difficulty is available from the start. All of the difficulty trophies stack. If you go to the homepage and select campaign; you’ll see the different missions and 3 different medals. If you have all 3 then the game has counted that mission as being completed on mercenary. See the spoilers for each mission under the respective mission trophies for tips on how to beat certain sections.

We don't recommend you do this difficulty right off the bat if you're completely new to the game, have never played Warhawk etc. It is brutal. Sometimes it feels like enemies are coming out of no where. With that being said, if you're up for a challenge then go for it. It's madness, but at times, seriously fun.

General Tips:

• Utilize the hawk whenever possible. Get comfortable in it and whenever the game makes it available, use it. It’s the most powerful weapon they give you and if you use it properly it’ll make things easier.
  • Use cover. Don’t go running into the fire. You’ll die super fast. Use cover but be aware that the enemy AI is smart and will run around to where you’re hiding.
  • Don’t stop if you don’t have to. If you’re traveling through a mission and there are enemies that don’t make or break you getting where you’re going; ignore them.
  • Focus on the tougher enemies first. Make them your priority.
  • Use the build and battle system wisely. Think of cover. If there isn’t any, create some. Many times you’ll need a bunker or a wall etc just to keep you from getting pummeled.
  • A lot of the time, the game consists of section where waves of enemies assault a position. Most of the time there are timers but sometimes it's you who has to trigger it by building a particular structure. If you have infinite time, put it to good use and build up lots of defensive structures in advance to make the sections after a lot easier. Use rift barrels to refill your energy.
  • The A.R.M is your friend, as both an offensive and defensive weapon. When you get the chance to use razorbacks/tanks it's generally in your interest to do so, but you can be destroyed quickly so you should always have an arm nearby you can sit at to repair yourself, or retreat to.

Mercenary Workaround:

You need patch 1.01 installed to utilize this glitch. If you're game has the most recent patch you need to delete your game data and reinstall it. When it gets to patch 1.01 stop the download process for the subsequent patches. IT WILL ONLY WORK ON VERSION 1.01. You can play through all 10 missions on easy and change your difficulty to mercenary right before the mission ends to get credit for completing them on mercenary.

The 1.04 patch installs 1.01 - 1.04 individually. So if you have 1.04 installed do the following:

1. Delete Game Data

2. Pop in Starhawk and update

3. Allow Update 1/4 and 2/4 download and install.

4. Then when it starts to download the 3/4 patches you press "Circle" to cancel the update process.

5. Start Starhawk again and it will say Update 1.04 is available for download. Hit "Circle" to skip this update. This will log you out of the PSN.

6. Allow Starhawk Game Data to reinstall.

7. Play the story on easy and switch to Mercenary difficulty when only one or two enemies remain on each level!

**Note: You cannot play online as it requires you to update to login to the servers. Just play Single Player till you get all of the difficulty trophies.

credit to Joostin for the above method

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/D87.jpg (B) First Blood

Get your first kill in multiplayer.

See Outlaw.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/65C.jpg (S) Outlaw

Get 1,000 kills in multiplayer.

Simply get 1000 kills in the multiplayer. This should come naturally and easily through normal gameplay. It is also boostable if you can find a partner and both of you have 2 controllers. It takes a minimum of 4 players to start a game. Please note that password protected games do not save stats; they must be public matches.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/2EB.jpg (B) The First of Many

Win your first multiplayer game.

See Conqueror.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/0F3.jpg (S) Conqueror

Win 100 multiplayer games.

Simply win a total of 100 multiplayer games across all modes.

See CTF Veteran, TDM Veteran and Zones Veteran for boosting methods.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/DE3.jpg (B) CTF Starter

Win your first Capture the Flag game.

See CTF Veteran.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/B62.jpg (S) CTF Veteran

Win 100 Capture the Flag games.

Simply win a total of 100 CTF games. This will obviously come naturally as you play online. I’d recommend taking your time and enjoying your experience.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. You'll want to set up your game with the minimum of 3 flag caps to speed things up. I'd also recommend checking the "fly with flag" option so you can easily grab the flag and fly back with it. Trade getting the win or have both main accounts on the same team so you both get wins at the same time. Please note that password protected games do not save stats; they must be public matches.

Start the game and spawn in. Make sure the game has actually started. Trophies won’t pop in pre-game. All 4 players must spawn in. With the blitz loadout you won't have to wait a bit to get enough rift energy to create a launch pad; the whole game should still only take you 2-5 minutes tops.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/A3A.jpg (B) Zones Starter

Win your first Zones game.

See Zones Veteran.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/762.jpg (S) Zones Veteran

Win 100 Zones games.

Simply win a total of 100 Zones games. This will obviously come naturally as you play online. I’d recommend taking your time and enjoying your experience.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the win or have both main accounts on the same team so you both get wins at the same time. Please note that password protected games do not save stats; they must be public matches.

When you set up your match make sure to set it for the minimum score limit required which is 500; you'll achieve a world victory once all zones are captured which will speed up the win.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/FCA.jpg (B) TDM Starter

Win your first Team Deathmatch game.

See TDM Veteran.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/4E3.jpg (S) TDM Veteran

Win 100 Team Deathmatch games.

Simply win a total of 100 TDM games. This will obviously come naturally as you play online. I’d recommend taking your time and enjoying your experience.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the win or have both main accounts on the same team so you both get wins at the same time. Please note that password protected games do not save stats; they must be public matches.

Set your score limit to 25 to speed things up.

Edited by TheManUtdFan
editing boosting methods

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/0B5.jpg (S) Team Leader

Play a perfect Team Deathmatch game (top player, no deaths).

For this trophy you need to be the #1 player AND not ever get killed in a team death match. Legitimately this one is tough. You need to be perfect and score a ton of kills.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/E84.jpg (S) Lone Wolf

Play a perfect Deathmatch game (top player, no deaths).

For this trophy you need to be the #1 player AND not ever get killed in a team death match. Legitimately this one is near impossible. You need to be perfect and score a ton of kills.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/FF7.jpg (B) Prospector Starter

Win your first Prospector game.

See Prospector Veteran

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/E1E.jpg (S) Prospector Veteran

Win 50 Prospector games.

Prospector mode is like survival co-op. Up to four people can work together to get through waves of enemies that are trying to destroy your rift generator. If they destroy it before you reach wave 6 then you fail. So you complete a game by getting to Wave 6 of whichever map. There is no way to tell what enemies you’ll be facing on each wave as they’re random each time.

You simply need to get to wave 6, 50 times. Strategies are hard to give as it depends on different peoples strengths and the type of enemies that come along. Just effectively use the build and battle system; think strategy. You’ll get these in no time.

The absolute easiest method is solo. There are less enemies. Use the Ballard's Crossing map and utilize only tanks and beam turrets; maybe an A.R.M. if you're taking too much damage. Spawn a tank as soon as you can then use the rest of the rift you collect on beam turrets. You should get through each game in 8-10 minutes.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/191.jpg (S) Perfect Harvest

Win a Prospector game without losing any lives.

See Prospector Veteran for info on this mode. It’s best if you go solo or get a single partner as there are less enemies. We recommend using the Ballard's Crossing map and utilizing only beam turrets, tanks and possibly an A.R.M. for healing purposes. See videos below for the strategies we used:

Solo Run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkn-Qu46tyQ]Starhawk Prospector Mode - Solo - YouTube[/ame]

Two Players Run:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3alcY5k_7mo]Starhawk Prospector Mode - Perfect Harvest Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/21F.jpg (B) Ready Up

Use Build & Battle for the first time in the campaign.

Story related, cannot be missed. This will pop right after you build the first rift extractor in Mission 1: Homecoming: Dust, Mine Site 17.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/B55.jpg(B)Build & Battle

Use Build & Battle for the first time in multiplayer.

After the very first structure you build this will pop. You access the build wheel by pressing :triangle: and choosing what you want to build with the :ls:

See Prolific Builder.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/0B2.jpg (B) Curious Builder

Build one of every available structure in a single multiplayer game.

There are many loadouts to choose from in the game that will determine what structures must be built for this trophy.

In the classic loadout you’ll need to create a: wall, shield generator, beam turret, garage, auto turret, watch tower, supply bunker, outpost, vulture station and launch pad

Just look at your build wheel and make sure to build one of each of the structures before the match ends.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/BF5.jpg (S) Prolific Builder

Build 100 structures in multiplayer.

This will come naturally over time as you play. It doesn’t take very long to accomplish as you’ll be building frequently.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/B2B.jpg (B) Mancake!

Kill an enemy by dropping a structure on them.

This can be achieved in any mode of the game (campaign, prospector or multiplayer)

You simply need to drop a structure from your build wheel onto an enemy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/220.jpg (B) Saboteur

Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Welding Torch.

This can be achieved in any mode of the game (campaign, prospector or multiplayer)

The welding torch is obtained as a pick up on most maps.

This popped naturally for me while playing the campaign. There is a welding torch to the right of the map on Dust.

Edited by TheManUtdFan

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/C9A.jpg (B) ARMed and Dangerous

Kill an enemy with the A.R.M.

The A.R.M. is a healing device available in your build wheel. It heals structures and vehicles but it also deals damage to enemy vehicles.

This trophy popped naturally for me during Mission 5 of the campaign when you’re first introduced to the A.R.M. During the part of mission 5 when you're tasked with defending the rift collector against the waves of razborbacks set up a wall and then an A.R.M. right at the base of the tunnel that the razorbacks spawn from. The wall will keep the razorbacks from moving forward and the A.R.M. will destroy them.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the trophy. Just choose a loadout that has the A.R.M. and kill your boost partner with it.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/3B2.jpg (B) Deadeye

With the LR-3 Railgun, kill an enemy from more than 2,500 feet away.

It is easily obtained at the beginning of Mission 5. After you’ve taken care of all of the scrappers you’ll be told to cap the two other rifts. The rift on the left has two enemy sniper towers surrounding it. Instead of building a garage like the game suggests build a watchtower near the rift you just captured (where the scrappers were). Grab the sniper rifle and take them out. Trophy will pop right after.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/51E.jpg (B) Mech My Day

Shoot the pilot out of a Hawk while it's on the ground.

This popped naturally for me while playing the campaign. Anytime you're fighting against a mech (later in the campaign) and have access to a sniper rifle just take your time and headshot the mech driver. They don't move fast and it's easy to do.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/C26.jpg (B) Out of the Saddle

Shoot the driver, passenger, or gunner out of a Razorback.

This popped naturally for me while playing the campaign.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/E77.jpg (B) Takedown

Kill an enemy with a melee attack.

You melee with the :r3: button. Simply melee your first enemy for this trophy. This can be achieved on the very first enemy you encounter in the campaign. When you get to the first section with enemies just hop off of the jetbike run up to the first one you see and hit :r3:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/D91.jpg (B) Rear Gunner

Shoot down a Hawk with the Razorback turret.

This popped naturally for me while playing the campaign.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the trophy. Have your partner fly a Hawk while you shoot it down with the razorback. Just have them fly slowly (hold :l2:) and straight towards you.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/B1F.jpg (B) Eagle Eye

Shoot down a flying Hawk with the Ox Heavy Tank.

This popped naturally for me while playing co-op missions, but a good spot for the single player is in chapter 8, when you first get introduced to the tank. When you return to the settlement, enemy hawks spawn in, they fly pretty low and straight, and sometimes make for an easy target.

Your other option is to have two controllers and find a boosting partner that also has two controllers. Create a game with a 4 players Max and Minimum and each of you sign in two accounts. Trade getting the trophy. Have your partner fly a Hawk while you shoot it down in the tank. Just have them fly slowly (hold :l2:) and straight towards you.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/3D3.jpg (B) Hat Trick

Destroy a fully-loaded Razorback with R-Sec proximity charges.

If your playing co-op then you can get this trophy without much trouble, on the map Ballards Crossing for example, enemy razorbacks always spawn in at some point, and they are always full, and they always come from the same spot. From where you spawn in it's way off ahead of you, there is an arch with some light blue markings, and the proximity mines are in the same direction but off to the right a bit, next to some rift barrels. Just grab them and throw a few down at the arch, it's a narrow entrance. You can rest assured you will get it at some point during the game, after they spawn in.

To boost this trophy you'll need 3 boosting partners (or a partner with multiple remotes) to fill up the Razorback. Create a match with a 4 player max/min. On Scourge, Conduit the proximity charges are located in middle portion of the map, up the ladder on one of the platforms. Have 3 of the players get on one team and pile into a razorback. The person going for the trophy just needs toss a charge onto the razorback for it to blow.

Edited by TheManUtdFan

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/4F8.jpg (B) Minor Miscalculation

Kill an enemy with his own R-Sec proximity charge.

Simply kill an enemy with the proximity charge that he’s placed. The R-Sec proximity charges are like land mines. They blow when the enemy gets near them. You can detonate them though by shooting them. The charges are found throughout the map as a pickup.

Start the game and spawn in. Both of you head to where the charges are located. On Conduit the proximity charges are located in the middle portion of the map, up the ladder on one of the platforms. Have your partner throw one down in front of himself. Simply shoot it to detonate it and kill him.

See video (please note that the video shows an example of a split screen 2 player match (pre-patch) but the method will still work if you have a 4 player game (4 remotes, 2 players)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvrSf65J8J8]Starhawk Minor Miscalculation Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/064.jpg (B) Annoying Little Fly

Kill a player flying a Vulture pack by ramming them with your Hawk.

I got this trophy easily during the single player by just ramming enemies with Vulture packs (jetpacks)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/421/685.jpg (B) Long Bomb

Kill an enemy with a Tetranite Grenade from at least 200 feet away.

You can easily get this in the campaign by simply chunking grenades from far away at groups of enemies.

Edited by TheManUtdFan

Guides looking great Muffy :applause:

How difficult would you say the trophies are, and tied in with that, are they fun to obtain?

I was thinking about buying it as I have needed a new game, and It's this or Skyrim!

Its the most fun I think I've ever had in a game. The mercenary difficulty on the single player is really hard. That's the only difficult thing about the whole list.

Goddamn that was fast. Anyway how do you sign in with your 2nd account I don't see that option anywhere.

When you got so split screen it automatically prompts you.

Dust map has one directly to the right of the map
Thanks, two other maps that have it.

Acidsea - The right of the base on a black platform.

Space - On the lower path to the left of the base.

Anybody know how to check how many of each game you've won so far? The player profile screen isn't very helpful.
Either try to keep track manually or keep playing till it pops.