Thanks To the Beta

M37h3w3

I'm about ready to cancel my preorder.

I hate it. I utterly hate it. It seems physically impossible for me to kill anyone in a straight up fight. Nothing I do seems to even do any damage to them while they turn around and floor me immediately after having the audacity to try and stop them from farming me for points.

I threw a couple of games at the Beta shortly after the Uncharted 3 players could play it was the same thing. Couldn't kill anyone. In a fit of frustration and to save my controller from being snapped in half I shelved the game until just now. Picked it back up again and it was the same goddam thing.

This last game I played, probably the last one I'm going to play period, I spawn, build a Sniper Tower then get sniped by some circle jerker sitting on top of some pipes he managed to reach with the Vulture. So I figured I'll counter snipe him.

He's not there. Whatever.

I get in a Hawk and go stomping to meet him. Don't see him at first but then he starts pinging me in the back. Turn around and start shooting him. He retreats and hides. I know the game he's playing, he's trying to flank me from the cover and ping me to death. I see him pop up again and shoot him some more until he hides. Finally he pops up with the Vulture and sits there for a full 3 seconds while I'm unloading into him with the machine guns and he doesn't die and turns my Hawk into slag.

I gave up at that point since our base was getting demolished since everyone on my team quit out because it was 24 to 78 by that point. Hid behind the rift spawn for the last three minutes of the game.

What the @#$% is going on. Did everyone else get cheat codes with their game so that they always auto win at everything? It's not me since I'm not horrible at shooters unless I'm overlooking something not obvious.

I'm going to try the Beta again but if I get the same experience I'm about ready to buy Starhawk just to send the broken and shattered disc back to the developers with a big note saying "!@#$ YOU AND YOUR GAME @$$HOLES."

Edited by M37h3w3

I hate it. I utterly hate it. It seems physically impossible for me to kill anyone in a straight up fight. Nothing I do seems to even do any damage to them while they turn around and floor me immediately after having the audacity to try and stop them from farming me for points.

I threw a couple of games at the Beta shortly after the Uncharted 3 players could play it was the same thing. Couldn't kill anyone. In a fit of frustration and to save my controller from being snapped in half I shelved the game until just now. Picked it back up again and it was the same goddam thing.

This last game I played, probably the last one I'm going to play period, I spawn, build a Sniper Tower then get sniped by some circle jerker sitting on top of some pipes he managed to reach with the Vulture. So I figured I'll counter snipe him.

I get in a Hawk and go stomping to meet him. Don't see him at first but then he starts pinging me in the back. Turn around and start shooting him. He retreats and hides. I know the game he's playing, he's trying to flank me from the cover and ping me to death. I see him pop up again and shoot him some more until he hides. Finally he pops up with the Vulture and sits there for a full 3 seconds while I'm unloading into him with the machine guns and he doesn't die and turns my Hawk into slag.

I gave up at that point since our base was getting demolished since everyone on my team quit out because it was 24 to 78 by that point. Hid behind the rift spawn for the last three minutes of the game.

What the @#$% is going on. Did everyone else get cheat codes with their game so that they always auto win at everything? It's not me since I'm not horrible at shooters unless I'm overlooking something not obvious.

I'm going to try the Beta again but if I get the same experience I'm about ready to buy Starhawk just to send the broken and shattered disc back to the developers with a big note saying "!@#$ YOU AND YOUR GAME @$$HOLES."

Shhhh calm down, long scream story. Ok I understand how your frustrated but this game is main to MP game. This why lots of noobs will easier kill you faster lol

Warhawk had an absolutely brutal learning curve. They're trying to ease it up for Starhawk, but it's definitely still there. Remember, a good amount of people in the beta have been playing it since November. It'll take a some time before you start to feel comfortable with the game.

I don't understand your frustration. I have warhawk, played it for years, prior to trophy release also. That had one bloody hard learning curve, and got frustrating at times.

But I downloaded the beta 2-3 days ago and I found it alot easier to play. Weather I was playing against noob's or not I don't know, but the game I was in had pretty even teams, and the teams were also getting scrambled. One game I managed to get 20 kills 1 death by using a supply bunker strategy.

Also my girlfriend downloaded it the other day and shes a big fan of Killzone, never played warhawk and is quite a casual gamer, but she was managing 5-7 kills 3deaths a round.

So I dont really understand how you cant manage to get a kill, unless your playing a team of Starhawk addict's who know the beta inside out. Or you may just be unlucky, try using buildings to your advantage, laying them at tactical points rather than just using them defensively or logically (e.g. building a garage to get a razorback). I tend to take a supply bunker and use beacon points and lay them at a tactical point.

But don't worry about getting kills, it should come with time, the more you play the better you get. I created my own game, made sure no one joined and I just walked around the map, understanding where things were, the layout of it, advantage points etc.

Try doing that, but dont give up on it, Warhawk/Starhawk has a steap learning curve and the more you play the more you'll learn.

Hope this helped :)

It's definitely going to be an easier to get the hang of game than Warhawk.

With that being said, it's still not as easy to jump into as your typical FPS (COD, BF etc)

Game has the potential to be absolutely amazing and if the community is anything like Warhawks community was, I'll be playing it for a long while.

You just have to give it a chance, learn the game, learn how to use the tools given to you in the game (there are so many) and you'll do fine.

Advice I'll give is the same I gave in Warhawk - learn how to fly the hawk.

It's definitely going to be an easier to get the hang of game than Warhawk.

With that being said, it's still not as easy to jump into as your typical FPS (COD, BF etc)

Game has the potential to be absolutely amazing and if the community is anything like Warhawks community was, I'll be playing it for a long while.

You just have to give it a chance, learn the game, learn how to use the tools given to you in the game (there are so many) and you'll do fine.

Advice I'll give is the same I gave in Warhawk - learn how to fly the hawk.

Hard to learn to fly, Even harder to get good, Extremely hard to Master.

But even if the first of the two are achieved then it's one of the best form of approaches in the game.

I loved Warhawk's community and I think Starhawk's will the same, If starhawk drop's its difficulty just to please a wider audience, it'll lose a lot of it's hardcore fan's so for the sake of that point alone I hope it stays as hard as warhawk.

I don't remember having too hard of a time playing the beta. I was spending most of my time figuring out all the new things that were added into the new game. Mind you I did play Warhawk, so I had a basic concept of what to expect gameplay-wise, but I only played it every now-and-then.

If you are in it for the long run, you definitely need to learn how to do everything fairly well. But I don't recall jumping in vehicles too often and I was doing pretty decent on the leaderboards score- and kill-wise without them, so if you don't feel comfortable or you aren't doing well in a certain vehicle, try doing something else like doing work on he ground.

• 3 weeks later...

I know exactly how you feel, my friend. I hate people sniping in near impossible to reach locations. I even met a sniper who decided to camp it up in Space map. I FINALLY catch up to him and he kills me, ok no problem. Look at the killcam and he t bags me. "That mother..." yep, so i sent messages that wasn't necessary. :D maybe i should report him since he pretty much struck a nerve. Anywho, this game is fun and cool but the problem i have is that when i want to have fun and use my assault rifle...but what happens...? i see a sniper camping it up and having laughs and i can't do anything about it cause he gets unlimited ammo and has a shield thing. Really?! hopefully that'll be patched or something cause that's ridiculous. other than that, it's a cool game, just takes a little while to learn. ;) play on Dust, avoid Space map (despite its nice looking architecture) and do your best. :D EDIT: the assault rifle is terrible. :D

EDIT 2: whew, excuse my post, friends. I was overcome with rage against snipers. no offence intended. peace out. :)

Edited by Dreadnought190

sad to say , you just suck,

im a noob myself , played very little warhawk, and my KD ratio was like 0.80+ but tell you what , i manage to get to the top leaderboards 3 games in a row...

and now i got a peak KD of 2.0 now...

so i would just like to say that the game isnt the problem its you....