Private Beta

Tuffinz

• 4 weeks later...

Bump :p

Anyone else on the forums get an invite today? They sent out 5,000 invites.

If anyone did and is trying out the game please post your opinions!

Also, if anyone else is playing have you figured out how to activate the build system? It's different than it was from the demo I played at PAX.

Invites over PSN? If so, I didn't get one but then again I haven't downloaded the code that comes with my Uncharted game yet so.. yeah. Looking forward to trying it soon though.

Nah they sent out private beta codes through email today. The Uncharted codes will be for the public beta in January I believe :D

I know they're mostly sending out the codes to Warhawk veterans though I think its somewhat random

So no one is playing this? I was hoping to add some of you! I've played the beta all last night and some today and it's tons of fun. I was a bit stumped at first on how to build things, you have to get a set amount of squares filled to build larger things. To do this you can kill people, destroy whatever the enemys built, shoot barrels, and of course steal that flag! Hope that answered your question TuffMuff :D

So no one is playing this? I was hoping to add some of you! I've played the beta all last night and some today and it's tons of fun. I was a bit stumped at first on how to build things, you have to get a set amount of squares filled to build larger things. To do this you can kill people, destroy whatever the enemys built, shoot barrels, and of course steal that flag! Hope that answered your question TuffMuff :D

Feel free to add me if you want to play. Yeah I know about needing the rift energy to build. For whatever reason that day my wheel had zero build options. They may have been working on it. I've been doing fine since and spend 99% of my time in the air.

i got this beta about 2 - 3 weeks ago, its fun in ground but i didnt like the air , in wh the air was more fun

I loved the air in Warhawk but I'm also loving the air in Starhawk. Starhawk's proflight is more refined. If you were using Normal flight in Warhawk I can see why you don't like it. No more twirling :p

i just notice the beta in my mail today, gonna download it and post in night =)

Have you played any yet Jean? Thoughts?

ok i just played a couple of matches, and my opinions are:

-Starhawk looks like a shooter game now (RE5 camera), it lost that arcade feeling.

-The map is kinda confusing, because players built a lot and i was kinda lost.

-Planes controls are way different than warhawk, you cant make fast escapes or even spin in the air.

-If you want a vehicle, you have to build a station or wait a unit spawn (btw it take years).

-i loved the new spawn system, you can spawn anywhere inside your controlled areas

-Now the "ribbons" earned spawn in game, so you dont need wait till end of the match to see what you got.

-Finally we have a normal system points, idk but to me is better those extra 00 by kill that getting 1 point by kill like warhawk, it makes it less boring.

Conclusion: this game is in a beta phase, but like the rest of betas, this isnt going to be MUCH different than final product.

Since i knew about this "building system" i know this isnt my type of game, is like a strategy game fuse with a 3rd shooter now (at least in big maps).

I hope the took more elements from warhawk, that is more simple, and not too complicate.

They massively expanded the Private Beta. I have very little play time in Warhawk and got the beta invitation in my email today.

I managed to capture my first hawk kill, compliments of our friend tuffmuff.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COSRGJ6EMPE]Starhawk private beta: Woz vs Tuff - YouTube[/ame]

They massively expanded the Private Beta. I have very little play time in Warhawk and got the beta invitation in my email today.

I managed to capture my first hawk kill, compliments of our friend tuffmuff.

Woz! :eek:

You failed to show the 12 times I killed you prior to this :p

Nice, cheers for the info there. ;)

First impressions are good. They've really improved the visuals but it still feels like Warhawk which is great. Some of the maps have been brilliant, really well thought out. It felt a bit MAG like initially but the more i've played the less it feels like that, which is a good thing imo. It feels a bit more balanced between ground and air now, it was more biased toward the planes in the last game imo.

Looking forward to the full game, at least this gives us a taste of what's to come! I'm interested to see the trophy list as well, I logged plenty of hours in Warhawk, never reached General though. Ended up with 80% ish of the trophies, I hope they are just as tough this time! It's good to see a challenging list that not everyone will obtain.

Also isn't there a single player side to this game as well? I remember reading that somewhere, not sure if that will be any good, Warhawk/Starhawk is all about the online.

:guns:

Edited by funkyweed

got my invite today.

i guess since i had uncharted 3?

never played warhawk, but starhawk just seems really cool. guess i'll download it when i get home tonight, probably wont get a chance to play until this weekend maybe.

Impossible, Uncharted 3 comes with a voucher code you need to redeem and you cant do that yet cause this is a Private Beta stage.

I read that a ton of keys went out randomly today to EU and US accounts just like the free PS+ codes, might be a holidays thing who knows.

Edited by TheNukes

Impossible, Uncharted 3 comes with a voucher code you need to redeem and you cant do that yet cause this is a Private Beta stage.

I read that a ton of keys went out randomly today to EU and US accounts just like the free PS+ codes, might be a holidays thing who knows.

Yea I just got one in my email - I know what I'm going to be doing this Winter Break! :D

Also isn't there a single player side to this game as well? I remember reading that somewhere, not sure if that will be any good, Warhawk/Starhawk is all about the online.:

Yup. It is all about the online, but I'm eager to see how the Campaign will work. The cool thing is that apparently the entire campaign can be played with a buddy (offline or online, I am assuming). :)

I got an email invite a couple of days ago and I've only tried it a couple of times so far.

Now I realise i'm still basically a noob at it but its lost a lot of the charm I found and loved in warhawk.

It seems very easy to play defence and very hard to do offence, my hawks get picked off very easily and the cars get destoryed fairly easily.

Presumably you use the pod beacons to set up bases elsewhere on the map?