Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

is using cheat codes to get through sith master dificulty really cheating?

DABVT

i hate to cheat so i wanted the following opinions of anyone reading this post plz. i don't want to do it with cheats if it is considered illegitimate. also how hard is it really to get past this game on sith master? i have done most of the call of duty games on veteran (including waw) also i have done sw: the force unleashed 2 on unleashed difficulty, and others on the hardest difficulty. So how hard is it really?:confused::think:

It's a matter of personal opinion, I did consider it cheating so never bothered with them but there are others that simply consider them a means to an end.

There are only 2-3 really hard sections on Sith Master, the rest isn't so bad.

In the end it's entirely up to you :).

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo

to terminator: after i get my next platinum in ratchet and clank, ill probably get on to this game LEGIT. also, an unrelated comment: i have a major pet peeve, and its pertains to psn. a few years ago when i was a little younger and was creating my dad and my accounts, i gave my real age and was forced to create a sub account. now all those years ive been getting some trophies and only recently ive become a die hard trophy addict. what i did most of those years was to play cod online. so recently i called sony wondering what would happen to my account, and they said "a sub account is always a sub account, a master account is always a master account". now there is no way in heck that im going to leave my account with 757 trophies, 20 app. prestige levels (through all cod games). so to deal with purchases and my eventual subscription to ps plus, i had to create a separate account. now sure its ok to have a gaming/trophy account and a purchasing account but still it bugs the stew out of me. what do you think? i wish they would have had a system that when you turn 18 your account upgrades like ive heard xbox live does. oh well thats just my rant of the day lol. :( :) P.S. thanks again terminator/huntingfever for all your help and assistance getting my tenth platinum on mercs2. P.S. #2 also ive heard the Jurrasic: Hunted is a fun and easy platinum. seeing that you have it, what would you say about the game itself and the platinum difficulty? :confused: :) P.S. #3 my final question (hope im not taking to much of your time) is how do i rank up on this website? i'm still a rookie even though i post and am on the site frequently? :)

Edited by DABVT
more info/typo

Dont cheat.. I survived the master difficulty and it only took me 10h including getting all the holocrons.. just be sure to get a LOT of xp and take all the holocrons.. be sure to spend the force points right.. Some parts are hard.. but it feels sooooo good when you pass them :)

Kind of a fine line. In most games I would say yes, but here the cheat codes are a part of the game - not a hack, or save file manipulation, or an unintentional part of the game - they are included. I played Sith Master without the codes first and with the codes later. It does not make the game easier, just shorter.

I'm about to start this game up after I'm done w/ Kill Zone 3 & I don't know, it just seems like a lot of work just to cheat in this game. Input this, finish this level, input these codes, reset that, repeat 100 times etc etc. Cheating should be quick and easy (hence why it's called cheating) & I personally don't feel like doing a flippin' science project just to cheat.

I was like that even back in the NES days when cheat codes were like 30 characters long. Screw that noise, I'd rather spend the time just playing the game. But that's just me.

Edited by StarScream9876

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to weigh in, having just spent the last 4 hours playing thru the entire game on Sith Master difficulty....obviously I used the cheat. Here's my case:

I played thru on Sith Warrior difficulty, completely legit, without even using the guide. I do this with most games, as it makes for a better gaming experience when I don't know what to expect.

Anyway, I played thru legit, unlocked Sith Master difficulty. Now, I, like the OP, battled with the dilemma of cheat vs no cheat, and here's what I decided: 1) When I think "cheating" I think save file sharing or hacking the game. Cheat Codes are a part of gaming, so I have no beef with that. 2) I've already played thru once, and enjoyed it thoroughly, but there are other games I now want to play, and really don't want to spend the next 2 weeks pushing thru this game again at what may or may not be a ridiculously hard level, and 3) Since this game belongs to my brother, and the amount of time I actually have with it is undetermined, I concluded that the easy method is not so much a "cheat", as an advantageous way of softening the difficulty involved in obtaining a trophy. This, I would argue, is the same definition as trophy boosting, which this site is designed around!

So I say play thru it at least once fully and without codes, to make sure you enjoy it, as it is a spectacular game. Then, when it's time to mop up the rest of the trophies, I say use whatever means are available to get it done.

• 3 years later...

Hell yes its cheating lol!But then as Terminator said its subjective.

The above poster likened it to trophy boosting and if you want to justify it and your comfortable with it that's cool.

You have fulfilled the requirements of the trophy by beating the game on sith master difficulty-but you haven't truly earned it if your honest with yourself.You didnt do it as it was intended and if you haven't got the skill to do it(and i dont for this game lol) do you deserve to have that trophy in your collection?

I have boosted online trophies-games that hardly anyone plays or its going to take weeks of time to rank up-cause i was a trophy fiend and i have done games 100%legit,if its a game i enjoy-spending the time online putting in the work-personally when i look back that's what i get the most satisfaction from-personally i wouldn't use a cheat in a single player game-but that's just my opinion.

Edited by DA PAUL