Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

"LIGHTSABER" Code Explained

Startyde

Please forgive if this is already known, but there was confusion about this cheat in other threads and I cannot find a good source to explain this, imo, the most valuable code in the game, so after a bit of trial and error I present the quick cheat sheet of LIGHTSABER code.

What it does:

Make you dish out 1 hit kills on just about everything (storm troopers, creatures, AT-ST's, Rancors and yes, bosses - Darth Maul, Kazdan, Ti...all 1 hit...glorious)

The Drawback:

The cheat disables trophies when activated like any other. However, unlike the other cheats, this one isn't as easy to glitch. If you die, enter a loading screen (not the menu, but walking through a level) or after a cutscene, the damage from lightsaber disappears, but the game still recognizes you used it, so even though you lost the damage, you still get no save and no trophy penalty.

How to Use:

Just keep typing it in after every load, every cutscene, every death and you will have 1 hit kills. But should you wish to get trophies or save the game, you can "disable" the LIGHTSABER cheat penalty at any time, similar to other glitches.

If you wish to be able to save and get trophies again after you've used LIGHTSABER, you:

Go to game menu

Hit exit game

At SW: TFU Title Screen, go to Continue Game

Once the Game Loads, go to game menu

Hit Save (the game should say Saving)

Once completed, exit game altogether and go to XBM

Start Up SW: TFU again

and woola, the game will autosave at checkpoints again.

It's a pain in the butt, so why should you do this?

Reason to Use At All:

1 hit kills through almost the whole game silly!! The cheat is perfect for endgame trophies, such as Beating it on Sith Master.

You can use the cheat constantly throughout the whole game, up until the Convergence Chamber in Death Star. The reason is this convergence chamber is the last internal save point the game uses, so if you reset the game and activate saving again so you can get trophies, this is as close to the end of the game that it will place you, so playing deeper into it with cheats on is pointless.

So once you get to the Convergence Chamber, again, you:

Go to game menu

Hit exit game

Once the Game Loads, go to game menu

Hit Save (the game should say Saving)

Once completed, exit game altogether and go to XBM

Start Up SW: TFU again

Then you beat two AT-ST, Some Guards, Vader and or Emp and whoola, All the endgame trophies are yours with minimal effort before.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Startyde

Yes you can use the cheat with bosses, but you will not gain any trophies, tried it on level 8 boss.

So really there's not point in using the lightsaber cheat, because if your not worried about trophies the game can be played on easy (I think it padawan). The lightsaber cheat only helps sith master difficulty, and as you turn the cheat back on after the cut scene then you loose trophies.

So unless if I'm doing this wrong, you will not get any endgame trophies.

thanks for this write up startyde, might give it a try.

@jpclyde: the only reason i can see to use this would be for people (like me) who have already gotten all of the trophies except for beating the game on sith master difficulty. you would use the lightsaber trophy up until the last section like OP states, then disable for the final trophy.

I understand that :) but wouldn't quiting and reloading (doing this method) after defeating the final boss, return you back to the begining of that battle, as it was the last place saved, and if you go past the last cutscene in the game wouldn't it detect the cheat and not allow the trophy. Well that's what happen with the level 8 boss I tried it against.

i think you're still missing something jpclyde. you dont quit and reload until you reach the FINAL LEVEL. you would then have to play the final level (convergence chamber) without the lightsaber cheat. that's the only way to get the trophy. you can do all of the bosses before the last level with the cheat, you just have to turn it off on the last level.

Now I see the light :)

So it can help you all the way through, just when the final battle comes, you have to play as it's meant to be with no cheats.

Only if I'd known this earlier, I'm trying to gain the level and sith master trophy in one shot (nearly demolish another controller), but stuck fighting dork maul.

Edited by JPClyde

Now I see the light :)

So it can help you all the way through, just when the final battle comes, you have to play as it's meant to be with no cheats.

Only if I'd known this earlier, I'm trying to gain the level and sith master trophy in one shot (nearly demolish another controller), but stuck fighting dork maul.

Darth Maul is easily beat with a Sq + Sq + Sq + Cir lift combo on any difficulty :)

well you can still use the health cheat for the last level, just not the lightsaber one. and by health cheat i mean the jocasta routine that nets you force spheres

EDIT: yeah, ther is no such thing as "infinate health" for everybody complaining about it. I had like 3 people pm me...what do you put in lol. thee is no infinate health...nor force...cheat

Edited by JJonnyboy110

Okay, noobie question: I've beaten "The Force Unleashed" tonight and got all of the in-game chapter trophies, kills, holocrons... everything; so I kinda know what to expect from the game. Now I'm going to slog through Sith Master difficulty for the Platinum -- the difficulty trophies are all I have left to do. I am a cheating fool, so I'd like to use the LIGHTSABER cheat for one-hit kills along with the other upgrade cheats for this run and follow Cauchy's advice in the trophy guide of running from enemies where possible.

Unfortunately, when I used the LIGHTSABER cheat against Kota (TIE Factory Level 1 boss), I defeated him in one hit, then did the QTE event to "kill" him and finish the level. I started Raxius Prime and just jumped off the ledge to kill myself so I could manually save afterward (following the trick detailed in Cauchy's guide)... but the game put me back in the room with Kota instead of on Raxius Prime.

So... how am I going to be able to make the LIGHTSABER cheat work for a run through the game up to the fight with Vader on the last level? How can I temporarily disable the cheat so I can save throughout the game? I won't be able to "just finish the game in one sitting" -- full time job and all, lol. Any tips, gang?

Edited by Old_Snoova

oldsnoova did you read the first post? he explains how to use the lightsaber cheat effectively. i used it exactly as OP described and was able to make it to the last level on sith master using the cheat the entire time.

Yeah man, I read it. It just threw me that the game put me back at the boss of level one instead of the start of Raxius Prime... but I think I figured it out: you have to walk forward a bit in Raxius Prime before the game auto-saves. I didn't do that; I just jumped off the left edge of the screen as soon as the level loaded to die on purpose so I could save and quit for the night.

Even if auto-saves are disabled, if you die soon thereafter, you should respawn at the auto-save point, right?

How often do you have to put in the LIGHTSABER cheat exactly and still be able to get Trophies?

You can enter the LIGHTSABER code after EVERY time you die, get an in-game loading screen or cutscene or when you beat a level... IF you are playing for the end game difficulty trophies only. I believe the LIGHTSABER code will disable all other trophies, so its probably best to beat the game on Apprentice first and get all of the kill trophies and holocrons collected before moving on to Sith Master.

If that's the case, here's what I just did on Sith Master difficulty: use LIGHTSABER (and the other cheats) all the way through the game up until the fight with Darth Vader. Once you get to him, die on purpose. The game will put you back to right before the entrance to the Convergence Chamber (where the Vader fight takes place). Exit the game, then Continue the game (from the title screen), manually save and exit to the PS3's XMB. Then, continue your game. By doing this, you'll be able to gain trophies again.

Now, you'll have to fight two AT-STs, four red Imperial Guards, a Shadow Guard and the final two bosses WITHOUT the LIGHTSABER code... if you do that, the end game difficulty trophies will unlock. I just did this, so I can confirm it.

Edited by Old_Snoova

• 3 years later...

I'm bumping this because after years there seems to still be questions on the LIGHTSABER code. Short answer, it DOES work and this should have been stickied to the original guide.

However, it is now 2012, this was tested back in 2009. It is possible this has since been patched but I suspect not. Lucasarts isn't known for its thoroughness.

Edited by Startyde

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay now I need to clarify. Got this game when it was released, but now I'm coming back for the plat. So please correct me here if needed:

1. Start new game.

2. Enter sith code.

3. Start new game.

4. Enter all 4 codes (including lightsaber)

5. Do that thing for all the upgrade points.

6. Complete every level but the last one.

7. "disable" the cheats.

8. Play normally in the last level with only 3 cheats (not lightsaber)

Is that correct?

• 2 weeks later...

No.

I cant comment on the other codes, but if you use light saber, you disable all trophies throughout the game. It should ONLY be used while going for the sith master trophy. Use it until the last level, then disable and beat the last level from the last checkpoint normally and then the sith master trophy will pop (because you beat the last boss legit).

But no trophy will unlock while lightsaber is active. Please read OP on how to turn it on / off throughout the game as I'm too lazy to retype it.