Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

This game was frustrating at times and overall was disappointing for me. It felt like while I was playing that it had so much potential to be a great game, but it just falls short.

One of the worst things for me was the controls. They just feel sloppy and so unresponsive at times. Also, some of the combos seem to not register very well. Another problem comes when you fall down and lay on the ground for what seems like a very long time. It also sometimes seems like there must be ice or something on the ground because Starkiller will slide for what seems like an impossibly long distance on just pavement or dirt.

Another problem seems to be how it is impossible to counter or block an opponent, especially a boss, when they got the first hit in. Especially if you fall to the ground, it seems like the fight will always be over pretty quickly.

All of these little things just added up to make a frustrating game and I was ready to be done with it by the end of the game.

If just a few of these things were changed, this game would be much more enjoyable. There is so much potential. Hopefully these issues will be fixed when the sequel comes out.

give it more time, im now running around 1 or 2 sh:dance:tting boss's (sith master) all the while still building up force powers & talents. im having a far better time ( blast ) then when i first put the disk in, the targeting system yea its broken. needs priority target implemented

Yeah, and knock-back has got to be the gayest strategy of challenge ever. If the main character's a bad ass mofo, how does the slightest fart in his general direction send him flying to the floor (only to have the crap kicked out of him some more while he lies helpless and unable to respond for a good 5 seconds). Most of the times I've been pwned is simply because he can't seem to find his feet. :p

i just beat sith master today. this game is so infuriating at times. the boss battles are so lame. its like, you just sit there and hold block on vader until he charges up his force push move, go behind him, hit him and then hold block again for 2 minutes until he does it again.

like someone else said, this game had a lot of potential. just so poorly executed. your force powers just seem completely useless when a red royal guard can just sit there and block everything you throw at him force wise (minus picking him up and throwing him which is really the only power worth a damn)

• 1 month later...

Any Star Wars jedi/sith video game worth it's salt is going to potentially be a very gory game. There is no way around this, if you want to make an "authentic" game. The lightsaber can and does cut through people. It's just the way it is.

I liked TFU's implementation of Force powers, for the most part and I like that they've put them up front. However, this game lost me as soon as I started "whacking" enemy with my glowing club instead of slicing through them with my rod of plasma - which was pretty much from the beginning. Also, not being able to manually sheathe the lightsaber was just dumb and took me out of the game.

If you put the player in control of a lightsaber-weilding character, that character should be able to dismember and/or slice in half his or her enemies (a la Darth Maul's fate). However, it's not unreasonable to think that using the lighsaber as an aggressive weapon like that should have some consequences... like, your player starts seeing red or gets fatigued or whatever... I mean... Anakin never seemed to handle slaying all those people that well.

• 3 months later...

yeah this game feels well overhyped the 12 certificate doesnt help,and like many people say the combat elements are worse than anything i have played your better off just flinging people all over the pace or lighting them up with the lightning, im running through on sith master with cheats just to get it out the way then easy for all the other trophies, hope the sequel is a major improvement