How to Make Splitscreen Trophies Unlock Correctly

kakihara301

First off, I have to give snake2410 all the credit and thanks for this.

I started this game in splitscreen co-op with my buddy last week. We finished the first level and got the "trophy didn't unlock" message 4 times. Looked at some threads and decided that our problem (which obviously SHOULD NOT CAUSE AN ISSUE) was the fact that my buddy had changed his "Invert Y Axis" option.

We started a new game and I let him be Player 1 and I changed nothing as Player 2. Finished first level again - same result. Sent a PM to snake2410 and he gave me a great idea that fixed this problem.

If either you or your splitscreen buddy needs to Invert Y, delete all game data and save data. Start a solo game and change Invert Y. It saves it instantly, so back out and start another new game, letting whoever needs Invert Y play as player 1. DO NOT LET PLAYER 2 CHANGE ANY OF THEIR OPTIONS!!!!! Play normally, and all trophies pop normally!

We played through up until you get back to the Enterprise with a single Gorn. I popped 10 trophies -

Beat Helios 1

Beat New Vulcan

Beat Space Battle

Beat Frontier Starbase

Away Team: Mission Initiated (beat 1 level in co-op)

Away Team: Mission In-Progress (beat 4 levels in co-op)

Go Team! (kill or takedown an enemy your partner stunned)

My Robot Friend (hack an enemy drone and have it kill an enemy)

Arena (as Kirk, get a Gorn to melee you)

I Have Been, and Always Shall Be, Your Friend (as Spock, bleed out, leaving Kirk to fail mission)

So, there you go. If this was causing you an issue, you should be good to go now!

First off, I have to give snake2410 all the credit and thanks for this.

I started this game in splitscreen co-op with my buddy last week. We finished the first level and got the "trophy didn't unlock" message 4 times. Looked at some threads and decided that our problem (which obviously SHOULD NOT CAUSE AN ISSUE) was the fact that my buddy had changed his "Invert Y Axis" option.

We started a new game and I let him be Player 1 and I changed nothing as Player 2. Finished first level again - same result. Sent a PM to snake2410 and he gave me a great idea that fixed this problem.

If either you or your splitscreen buddy needs to Invert Y, delete all game data and save data. Start a solo game and change Invert Y. It saves it instantly, so back out and start another new game, letting whoever needs Invert Y play as player 1. DO NOT LET PLAYER 2 CHANGE ANY OF THEIR OPTIONS!!!!! Play normally, and all trophies pop normally!

We played through up until you get back to the Enterprise with a single Gorn. I popped 10 trophies -

Beat Helios 1

Beat New Vulcan

Beat Space Battle

Beat Frontier Starbase

Away Team: Mission Initiated (beat 1 level in co-op)

Away Team: Mission In-Progress (beat 4 levels in co-op)

Go Team! (kill or takedown an enemy your partner stunned)

My Robot Friend (hack an enemy drone and have it kill an enemy)

Arena (as Kirk, get a Gorn to melee you)

I Have Been, and Always Shall Be, Your Friend (as Spock, bleed out, leaving Kirk to fail mission)

So, there you go. If this was causing you an issue, you should be good to go now!

Glad I could be of help!

So, just as an update, I can confirm everything popped normally.

The constants :

I always played as Player 2.

I always played as Kirk.

I NEVER, EVER touched or changed my options.

We played on 3 separate nights.

We chose Chapter Select each time to continue our game.

We played on Hard Difficulty.

Only thing that sucks is that Player 2's XP and Upgrades reset to nothing each time.

The second night we unlocked -

Beat Volatile Cargo and Flashback

Beat Gorn Planet and The Trials

Beat Enterprise Capture

Starfleet Type III Rifle Master

Listening In (found half of all audio logs)

Researcher (found half of all research items)

Non-Lethal Master (30 non-lethal takedowns)

Are You Not Entertained? (win the brawl in The Trials)

Get To The Shuttle! (escape in under 6 minutes in The Trials)

I'll Cover You! (order teammate to do 5 bypasses in a row)*

*we did not do the requirements for this trophy - it popped randomly

The third night we unlocked -

Beat Mothership

Well Done Captain (beat game on any difficulty)

Into Darkness (beat game on hard difficulty)

Away Team: Mission Accomplished (complete all chapters in co-op)

Technologic (cleared 30 mini-games)

So, yeah, it is definitely doable to pop all trophies normally in splitscreen. The number one most important thing to remember is to NOT LET PLAYER 2 CHANGE THEIR OPTIONS!

thanks again, snake2410!

Edited by kakihara301

Okay, update time to all who are concerned when it comes to playing this "game" in splitscreen while still being able to grab all of the trophies.

Just got platty on it this morning. Obviously, everything I stated before holds true. Do not let player 2 change any options. Ever. I can't stress that enough.

One thing that I found out the hard way - the 2 Commendations trophies. I'm sure we've all heard that "Honorable Commendation" (getting half of the commendations done) can glitch. It seems that if you use Chapter Select to grab some Commendations before popping "Honorable Commendation", you will be locked out of it. You can still grab them all and unlock "Exemplary Commendation", but the other has to be done before utilizing Chapter Select.

The kicker about this for splitscreen players? You HAVE to choose Chapter Select to continue playing. If you choose Continue, it won't allow a second local player to join. So, what does that mean?

If you don't want to have to do another full playthrough, DO NOT QUIT YOUR FIRST SPLITSCREEN GAMING SESSION UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE FIRST 11 COMMENDATIONS!!!!

I didn't know better, and got locked out of "Honorable Commendation", even though we finished 16 of them on our first playthrough. If you get locked out of that trophy, you HAVE to delete all your save data (not game data) and start again.

If you do happen to get locked out of it, finish ALL other trophies before deleting your save data.

Hope all this info helps!