OMFG the glitches in this game.....

LoJac963

I have had more glitches in this game than any other I have played to date. I cannot tell you all how many times I've gone after the same trophy. Now the latest is the co-op trophies. I've doing it all by myself with 2 controllers in split screen.

Away Team: Mission in Progress didn't pop until the second to last chapter and now.....you guessed it my final trophy-Away Team: Mission Accomplished didn't pop once finishing this piece of shit game.

So I guess its on to a 4th playthrough for this plat......

I had to do three playthroughs for the plat, because I had a glitch on the collectibles trophy.

There's not much you can do about the many, many glitches. Just make sure (if you decide to boost) you're always the host and that any coop partner is on the same difficulty setting. I also found more glitches playing as Spock than Kirk, but that could just be my luck.

Anyway, good luck. This game was a pain all the way through and had no redeeming qualities for me. But, hey, as a Trek fan I had to get the plat, so...

• 2 weeks later...

Well here's what I tried for the Mission Accomplished trophy that won't pop. The other two trophies popped but not the final co-op trophy during the playthrough.

-replayed the final level on split screen and nothing...

-copied save file to my second profile I used for the split screen co-op....nothing...

-put save file on a flash drive, deleted save file and game data from ps3. Reinstalled the game, loaded it up-all levels locked. Copied saved file from flash drive back to ps3, loaded game, all levels unlocked and still no trophy.

I also started a level thinking maybe the trophy would need to pop in game and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone? As I mentioned the other two co-op trophies popped but not the final trophy.

Only things I can think of:

-I skipped cinematics throughout the game to save time-think that had anything to do with it?

-I didn't let the end credits run all the way through-possibility?

Dreading a fourth run on this game, gets old after the second run :rolleyes:

Edited by LoJac963

Well here's what I tried for the Mission Accomplished trophy that won't pop. The other two trophies popped but not the final co-op trophy during the playthrough.

-replayed the final level on split screen and nothing...

-copied save file to my second profile I used for the split screen co-op....nothing...

-put save file on a flash drive, deleted save file and game data from ps3. Reinstalled the game, loaded it up-all levels locked. Copied saved file from flash drive back to ps3, loaded game, all levels unlocked and still no trophy.

I also started a level thinking maybe the trophy would need to pop in game and still nothing.

Any suggestions from anyone? As I mentioned the other two co-op trophies popped but not the final trophy.

Only things I can think of:

-I skipped cinematics throughout the game to save time-think that had anything to do with it?

-I didn't let the end credits run all the way through-possibility?

Dreading a fourth run on this game, gets old after the second run :rolleyes:

Only thing you can try is replaying from the start in splitscreen and make sure you don't get the trophy not earned message that this game tends to pull when playing splitscreen. You might get lucky and it'll pop half way through the game, or even earlier.

With all those issues, it's surprising a patch never came out. Being only one level in so far, I hope this game doesn't screw up on me.

As long as you play through solo and make sure to get every collectable and commendation in one playthrough, in order, you should be fine. The order part is especially important for commendations since those trophies tend to be really glitchy if you don't get them in order. You'll preferably want to do Hard mode solo too, since it can glitch in Co Op and not count even when making sure both players switch to hard before joining up. I did a playthrough on hard first, getting all commendations and collectables in order and all the trophies I should have got popped just fine. I did the co op stuff last, but the person I played through in co op with didn't get their hard trophy even though we both took the proper precautions before joining up.

I tried online co-op recently and holy shit did I encounter a weird glitch. As Spock, I Vulcan nerve pinched a stunned opponent near a wall and next thing I knew I was stuck in the damned wall. Meanwhile, my co-op partner got downed and died because I was unable to reach him. Some weird ass shit right there.

• 4 months later...