Weapon unlocks disappearing

VonGrimm

While playing through a second time to get the stealth commendations as Kirk, I switched out to Kirk from Spock and all the weapon unlocks I had as Kirk disappeared, I started went to chapter select to get enough XP to get the super stun and instant cool-down and the trophy popped for Captains Phaser Tinkerer, even though I only had 2 of the 9 unlocks, I had most of the unlocks beforehand for Kirks Phaser.

Anyone else experienced this happening?

It has happened twice to me now, very frustrating.

While playing through a second time to get the stealth commendations as Kirk, I switched out to Kirk from Spock and all the weapon unlocks I had as Kirk disappeared, I started went to chapter select to get enough XP to get the super stun and instant cool-down and the trophy popped for Captains Phaser Tinkerer, even though I only had 2 of the 9 unlocks, I had most of the unlocks beforehand for Kirks Phaser.

Anyone else experienced this happening?

It has happened twice to me now, very frustrating.

I had it glitch and give my Spock's Tinkerer trophy like that, but I don't think any of the unlocks I'd bought disappeared at any point. I had two unlocks left to buy on Spock when it popped. I might have bought a few early in the game and they disappeared and I didn't notice though, but I don't recall buying them since I concentrated mainly on Kirk and the tricorder.

I do know that if you get to a save point after picking up the last item in a research set but not spending the points you get for it and then restart the level completely (from the pause menu) you lose all the points you had at that save point (including the 500 set points you get for completing the set) and start with whatever points you had when you first started the level, but you still retain the research collectables you got up to the save point you restared the level after.

Maybe its a similar glitch. My upgrades all stayed when I finished though and I switched over to Spock to get the rest of his along with the trophies that are exclusive to him.

Edited by snake2410

So after I platinumed I decided to go through the game as Spock since he has slightly different cutscenes and all my Kirk upgrades are gone too. I had to rebuy them all when I had them all already. I think it has something to do with hosting and playing co op online maybe. Don't know because even when I played solo before they were always there, but once I finished with the 3 co op trophies they all disappeared. I'll have to experiment with it and see if it does it again. At least I had the extra points to get all the upgrades when it did it though.

Its happened again, only I've been playing only single player since the last time. Just posting this to let people know its not just an online co op issue. I'm thinking that one of the save points around half way through the game causes something to go wrong when playing as Spock. I'm thinking somewhere around the Gorn Planet chapter since I'm pretty sure I had all the phaser upgrades up to that point. Glad I had a backup save with my upgrades intact. Going to finish my Spock challenge run (all commendations on hard) and be done with this glitchfest. With proper bug testing and patches this game wouldn't have been so bad really. I at least enjoyed the story.