Rate the trophy difficulty...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.39

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

If not for the All Power to Forward Shield trophy the game would be a 2/10. But every game no matter how easy has one bitch of a trophy. Hard mode is simple to say the least. But this game will prove to be slightly more difficult if you are not good at stealth.

Congrats M on being the first platter on Star Trek. You have an amazing amount of first plats. :cool:

I wouldn't give this anymore than a 3/10. Hard mode is pretty simple all the way through - only the final chapter might give some players some trouble. Most of the commendations are easy and upgrades make the stealth ones mostly just as easy. All Power To Forward Shields seems a bit daunting at first, but once you know when to shoot and raise shields its just a matter of time. The rest of the trophies are simple clean-up.

I gave it 2/10. Not even All Power to Forward Shields or the trophy glitches that forced me to replay could bring it up.

I'd even rate it a 1/10 except All Power to Forward Shields is worth a point IMO. With a guide and a good partner... easily something that can be rented and done in two days.

i gave this game a 5, for a few reasons. Hard was rather difficult at the last few chapters. some of the stealth sections were a pain in the ass. The glitched half commendation trophy. There is a shit ton of collectibles to track. and the worst part for me was playing the whole game in coop.....ie me playing both controllers, that was a bitch but i got pretty good at it by the end of the game. great game and the grind didnt bug me at all, played thru the whole game like 3 times and didnt even blink. alot of games suck when it comes to the grind....this one was fun to me

Aside from glitchy trophies, All Power to Forward Shields and some annoying commendations, this isn't too bad. I'd give it a 4/10.

Just make sure when you're playing through and/or cleaning up for collectibles NOT to change difficulty, it screwed up my collectible trophies. Thankfully both unlocked when I reset the research data in my new game and both popped 1/4 into game when I was re-collecting, not at the same time.

• 1 month later...

Voted a 6 due to All Power to Forward Stations. I felt like I could beat Killzone 2 Elite mode ten times over before I could earn this trophy. Thankfully, now I am at the second checkpoint. Nobody has mentioned this yet, but don't use the tactical fire mode when there are too many enemies around. The cutscene will render you extremely vulnerable against all enemy fire.

The Honorary Commendation trophy is likely to glitch on you, so be prepared to play the game at least two times.

And the worst part for me was playing the whole game in coop.....ie me playing both controllers, that was a bitch but i got pretty good at it by the end of the game.

Wait a sec. There is no way you played the entire game with two controllers all by yourself. There's the dual hacking sections and the flying bits that you just need another person for.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Only need the three trophies for beating the game in co op and will have them once I can get my wife to do co op on my profile (working through hers first).

I'm likely going to vote this a 2, but no more then a 3 because outside of All Power To Forward Shields the game was a joke for difficulty. Hard wasn't even very hard and the commendations weren't bad, a couple just took a little thought (and Kirk's knockout stun upgrade).

Collectables were actually pretty fun since they actually give more background to the game, and they weren't really that hard if you buy the tricorder upgrade that makes them more visible.

The weapon trophies were kind of a pain, but only because I felt there were too many kills needed for many of the guns (cough cough, Ark Driver)

Game was really easy though, even did all the trophies on Hard. Very enjoyable for a fan of the new moives, even with all the glitches and bad reviews.

EDIT: Platinumed it tonight and ended up voting a 3 but its a very low 3. Nothing real frustrating, I've done far more difficult games. Even "All Power To Forward Shields" wasn't horribly bad, just took awareness of where things spawn. If you can get to the checkpoint with 89 - 90% hull capacity the second section is almost a joke, just make sure to hit everything with tactical after you destroy the first mothership and then mop up while managing your shield use and 85%+ very doable. Really the biggest hump is getting to the checkpoint in the middle with enough hull.

Edited by snake2410

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 out of 10. This game has too many glitches, even have to redo the objectives since my silver trophy for half of them glitched on me. The 85% shield trophy is hard as hell still trying to get it, but I'll eventually manage it.

Edit: Well I got the 85% hud trophy. Did it at 86% left it's okay to go to the next area if you have 87% left too because if you do it perfectly you can only take 1% damage so even 86% would be manageable.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I voted a 4, though in my mind how hard I would rate it keeps going back and forth between 4 and 5. The sheild trophy was a pain and took me about 2 hours to get it done.

I only need to get co-op out of the way really and the 100 kills for the repeater, but that one wont be a challenge, only challenge is either finding someone to play with or do the insane path and try it with two controllers.

• 5 weeks later...

I voted 3 I thoroughly enjoyed this game as am a fan of the new films,I had no glitches while playing I played offline on hard then did chapter select on easy to get remaining trophy's and 2 control pads for co-op ones even the power to all shields wasn't difficult but I did find the guide on here Very usefull for collectibles.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 4. Would have been a 3 if it weren't for the glitches - I actually didn't have as much trouble with the Shield Trophy as most others.

But the goddamned trophy glitch issues.... See my thread http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/star-trek/222352-how-make-splitscreen-trophies-unlock-correctly.html#post4211180 for more info - especially if you want to play this game splitscreen.

Not as bad a game as I had heard, but not very good. The voice acting is anywhere from bad to average. Controls are not very fluid. The platforming and water sections are abominations. However, story is decent and the Gorn were handled well.

I voted a 4

There is nothing terribly difficult about this game. Some of the trophies are highly annoying but with enough practice and patience they will come.

Now onto the bad......this game is the only game I have played in 116 games with non stop glitches.

It took me 6 playthroughs to finally get this plat!!!

• 3 months later...

4/10

Like others, found All Power to Forward Shields to be the most difficult to get, but as the guide states, once you get used to where the enemies are going to appear from, it's not to bad.

Make the most out of 'Tactical' for the last mini-section and it should be fine.

The collectible trophies glitched on me so had to delete save data and start a new game.

One of the better movie tie-in games I've played but also one of the most glitchy games too.

• 2 weeks later...

An overall not that hard game, even on hard difficulty setting, but I wouldn't call it super easy, either. Average, maybe a bit below. At first, I thought the space battle trophy ( >85% ) would become a hie nightmare, but surprisingly, it went rather well after a few serious tries. Blaze Naruto Shippuden's advice in the thread was helpful, so thanks for that. It's really not as strict as the guide makes it sound.

So I was torn between 4 and 5, but dedided to vote 5 because there are a few things that could prove a bit difficult. You must find a coop partner, not miss or mess anything ect., so, yeah, a 5 for normal difficulty is okay, I guess.

• 2 months later...

3... followed the collectibles guide while playing on hard, then brief sessions to learn the shields and weapon grinding trophies.

The challenge was the Commendations glitch... I used chapter select to complete them all but the Half trophy glitched and I had to play through the game again completing the first 11 Commendations.

Also, confirmed that with the multiplayer trophies you only need to complete the last section of each chapter and you don't have to do these in any order (I did Helios last because of that last part)

• 10 months later...

Voted a 4..Was gonna vote a 5 but since the game played better in Single player for some reason. The coop aspect thou a great idea just didnt work for me. The glitches were crazy, never popped Hard playthru when I played game in COOP and Experimenter glitched or didnt register a kill or something