Ask here for trophy help - The King did what he does

M-Easy

So I nabbed the 1st platinum in this today, no glitched trophies on my end thank goodness. I started to write a trophy guide but realized it would be a beast of a guide and will take a few days if I followed through on it which is not bloody likely. I'm pretty LAZY busy :whistle:

So with that said I have scattered notes and collectible locations. So if you have any questions about a trophy or location or grinding locations/techniques just ask here. Here are some tips:

• Collectibles and kills do not save automatically, you must reach a checkpoint for them to save. So if you die before reaching a checkpoint you must pick up those collectibles again. Thus when going back and grinding weapon kills/collectibles you much reach a checkpoint before you quit the game for them to save. Make sure you see "Saving" at the bottom right corner before exiting.

• Difficulty levels are independent. This means if you are playing on medium and you co-op partner is on hard then your co-op partner will get the Hard trophy but you will not. So check your options and make sure you are playing on hard.

• The only remotely hard trophy in the game is (B)All Power to Forward Shields. I wish I had video capture equipment, it would be easier to show then tell (Hurry up PS4). I did this on easy with the CPU. Its not really that bad after some pattern recognition but I'll try to explain the best I can. Step 1 go into options and increase your aim speed!!! The minimum you want to be at is 5 unlit bulbs but the higher the better.

1st Section:

2 ships are going to come from directly in front of you moving right. Take one out with :r1: and the cpu should take out the other. Next 2 ships will come from the top left about at your 10 O'clock moving right. Make sure you're holding :l2: for your shield. CPU wasn't much help here for me I had to take them both out. Remember you cant use your shield and gun at the same time. If you go below 97% here just restart. After you take them out do the tactical tutorial to take out the big shell looking ship.

Now is time for the clusterfuck. You'll be attacked behind you at your 5 O'clock & in front of you about at your 2 O'clock. Coordinate with your co-op partner to shoot at one group while you take out the other. Or if solo pray that the cpu takes out whichever group you didn't. As soon as those two groups are down press :triangle: and use your tactical to take out the big shell ship at your 10 O'clock and all those blue things. This will take some practice. Don't move on to the last section unless you have at least 90% heath left. If not then try again by restarting checkpoint. Remember to use you sheild until you have a clean shot of who you want to shoot at.

Last section:

You are going to be hit by 3 bombs (Note when I played through again with a friend there were 4 bombs), nothing you can do about it but take it. When you see you're about to get impacted hold :l2: for your shield, you will not take any damage but your shield will go down for a sec but don't worry you don't need a full shield bar to not take damage. Make sure you let go of :l2: after a bomb hits you so the shield bar immediately starts to refill.

After the 3rd bomb a big shell ship will attack from the right at about 3 O'clock. Use :r2: to to fire a torpedo at it then finish it off with :r1:. Now immediately look left 11 O'clock and use :triangle: to tactically take out the big shell ship and the rows of enemies to its right (these rows stretch all the way across to 2 O'clock). While in tactical fire then the camera changes to show you the ship firing but keep tapping :l2: as fast as you can because you can be hit while the camera is rotating. Now quickly take out any stragglers. If done fast enough then you should finish with at least 85%, if not then restart checkpoint and keep trying.

This wont be quick nor easy but stick to it and you'll get it done.

• Stealth sections are a piece of cake with Kirk. Upgrade your phaser's stun section with "Knockout Shot." Its basically a completely silent 1 shot kill (knockout) weapon. It 1 shot KO's ALL non-boss enemies no matter how big they are. With it you never have to get close to an enemy and the stun shots are muffled so other enemies won't be alerted when you fire. And the shot doesn't kill infected humans so you are safe using it on them as well. 1 shot puts the gun in overheat so its best used with the Energy upgrade "Cooling System." *Also if you alert an enemy and you fail the commendation then just restart checkpoint and try again. This is especially useful on the longer sections that have multiple checkpoints like the deactivation mission in Gorn Planet. *Lastly its a good idea to upgrade and use the "Software Suite" in the electronics module. Some of the later missions require you to hack pads really fast and this upgrade will hack automatically. Also if playing solo you should have the cpu hack most if the bypass hacking because if you mess it up then you may be discovered.

• Not all weapon's secondary fire is offensive so don't worry about not getting secondary hits with the Starfleet phaser rifle or transport tool.

I'll add more as I think of them. But ask away if you have a question

Edited by M-Easy

Congrats on the first plat! :)

I know what you mean about writing the guide. I'm halfway through writing one myself and its pretty long so far! :eek: I was expecting a huge amount of text, but some of the trophies just require it..

Thanks for the tip about one stun knockout. I had a feeling it might help with stealth, but I've been avoiding completing those particular objectives so I can concentrate on finding the collectables instead.

Stealth sections are a piece of cake with Kirk. Upgrade your phaser's stun section with "Knockout Shot." Its basically a completely silent 1 shot kill (knockout) weapon. It 1 shot KO's ALL non-boss enemies no matter how big they are. With it you never have to get close to an enemy and the stun shots are muffled so other enemies won't be alerted when you fire. And the shot doesn't kill infected humans so you are safe using it on them as well. 1 shot puts the gun in overheat so its best used with the Energy upgrade "Cooling System."

Are you kidding? I thought that would just work on infected and maybe the normal grunt guys. I've spent so long working through these playing as Spock. All that trial and error and error and error. Well, at least the last few will be a breeze.

I just added a text guide on how to get (B)All Power to Forward Shields. If you have any inputs or questions just comment. I also updated the stealth section.

Edit:

Im wondering if you can go back and clean up commendations by chapter? Is there a way of tracking them and such?

Yes you can. That's what I did. You can track the progress of the commendations looking at the chapter select. It actually tells you what missions have commendations and whether completed them or not. Its pretty cool.

Grats on the plat.

As a tip I would add if you don't want to grind exp for the upgrades you can fully upgrade a weapon or the tricorder then wait for the trophy to pop and before exiting out of the menu quit to XMB and restart the game, you should have all your exp and the trophy(I just tested it). If anyone makes a guide feel free to use it.

I just added a text guide on how to get (B)All Power to Forward Shields. If you have any inputs or questions just comment. I also updated the stealth section.

Yes you can. That's what I did. You can track the progress of the commendations looking at the chapter select. It actually tells you what missions have commendations and whether completed them or not. Its pretty cool.

Yay that means clean up wont be as bad as I feared. Thanks!

Grats on the plat.

As a tip I would add if you don't want to grind exp for the upgrades you can fully upgrade a weapon or the tricorder then wait for the trophy to pop and before exiting out of the menu quit to XMB and restart the game, you should have all your exp and the trophy(I just tested it). If anyone makes a guide feel free to use it.

That's pretty handy! :) I'll add that into my work in progress and give you the credit.

I'm calling hacks. M-Easy's a team or a cheater or something.

Only M-Easy could play a 44/100 game (metacritic) for 2 days non stop. Must be a masochist.

Nope he's just gaming royalty, call him Sire. Actually if you look at it that way it took 2 masochist. Me and your bestest friend ever Ashwin10. Man, we put in like 15 hours over the 3 days.

Edited by M-Easy

Complete all chapter in co-op, how long is the campaign. Also can you co-op offline if needed and use chapter select for that.

Story is a maybe 6-7 hours if you skip all cutscenes. But if you are going for all collectibles and commendations while playing on Hard expect to spend expect to spend closer to 12-15 hours depending on stealth skills. Yes there is local co-op and yes there is chapter select (and you can even select what mission you want to play within each chapter).

Oh man, I'm wondering if they failed to program in difficulty differences for the Starship section. All Power to Forward Shields is just on another level from every single other trophy in the game. They either underestimated the difficulty of getting through that with 85%, or overestimated the difficulty of the rest of the game.

Nope he's just gaming royalty, call him Sire. Actually if you look at it that way it took 2 masochist. Me and your bestest friend ever Ashwin10. Man, we put in like 15 hours over the 3 days.

Hey M-Easy don't u just LOVE HATERS who calls us out saying oh we cheaters oh u hack hahahahahahha i love it bro. Man we kill it and ppl just hate on Us cheaters hahahhaha i love that kid. i don't wanna call ppl out or say anything on this forum b4 i get an infraction again. MOD should take a look at that kid and ban him he calls out ppl to much without any proof. Me and M-Easy put in 2 days All nighter and what happens M-Easy gets blammed for cheating and has a Team.

Anyhow i would have had that Plat after M-Easy too if that dam Hard trophy didn't glitch on me last night arrhhh.

Edited by Ashwin10

Oh man, I'm wondering if they failed to program in difficulty differences for the Starship section. All Power to Forward Shields is just on another level from every single other trophy in the game. They either underestimated the difficulty of getting through that with 85%, or overestimated the difficulty of the rest of the game.

Lol I know the game is surprisingly easy. But that Ship Battle isn't as bad once you realize the shield and guns can't be used at the same time. So shield up until you have the ships in your sights then take em out. Plus with a partner its easier. By my self I finished with exactly 85% but with Ashwin we finished with 89%.

M-easy you are not first to platinum star trek,its justhatgoodx who did.check this for proof Star Trek Leaderboard - PS3 - eXophase.com

good job though

Lol that's dude's an obvious and open hacker. Even with his edited timestamps I'm still ahead of him. Conquer Star Trek Trophy - Star Trek - eXophase.com

If you look at his trophies you'll see how he started earning trophies a month before the game released. And hmm he beat chapter 8-9 12 hours before chapters 6-7? Also other obvious hacker giveaways are each of his trophies "unlocked" 12 hours after the one before it and the trolloll 11:59PM platinum timestamp. Have a look for yourself.

Star Trek Trophies - PS3 - eXophase.com

He also earned more than 10 platinums at the exact same time on that exact same day. There's a reason he's not on any other leaderboard, removed for hacking.

Edited by M-Easy

Lol I know the game is surprisingly easy. But that Ship Battle isn't as bad once you realize the shield and guns can't be used at the same time. So shield up until you have the ships in your sights then take em out. Plus with a partner its easier. By my self I finished with exactly 85% but with Ashwin we finished with 89%.

Oh man, finally managed to get it. I could feel the planets align and cause tactical sense to work perfectly, finished with 89%. Took no damage at all in the second half (the part after you get hit with kamikaze lizards)

Man I was afraid for a while that I might end up putting this in my 'maybe I'll platinum this one day' pile, but it looks like the plat is in reach. Just need about one and a half playthroughs.

Hopefully the game will be in a good mood latter and let me actually join a co-op game instead of making me stare at a black screen for 20 minutes.

Looks like 1 and 6

Tribble 1 - Helios 1. After an elevator ride up to the airlock go down the hallway. You'll see a broken door. Get close to the door and scan the tribble behind it.

Tribble 6 – Enterprise Capture > Spread the Cure. In the first infirmary room while heading to help Scotty, The tribble is in a back room in the back corner.

Tribble 1 - Helios 1. After an elevator ride up to the airlock go down the hallway. You'll see a broken door. Get close to the door and scan the tribble behind it.

Tribble 6 – Enterprise Capture > Spread the Cure. In the first infirmary room while heading to help Scotty, The tribble is in a back room in the back corner.

You are fantastic!!!

Hey M-Easy don't u just LOVE HATERS who calls us out saying oh we cheaters oh u hack hahahahahahha i love it bro. Man we kill it and ppl just hate on Us cheaters hahahhaha i love that kid. i don't wanna call ppl out or say anything on this forum b4 i get an infraction again. MOD should take a look at that kid and ban him he calls out ppl to much without any proof. Me and M-Easy put in 2 days All nighter and what happens M-Easy gets blammed for cheating and has a Team.

Anyhow i would have had that Plat after M-Easy too if that dam Hard trophy didn't glitch on me last night arrhhh.

u cant talk ash, u said exactly the same thing to my best mate cuase he was doin well in medal of honor! , lol