So how is it?

Rico6522

It's not a $60 game. I've run across a few glitches like Spock getting stuck on something and he just keeps running in place and Uhura's uniform insignia floating in mid-air during a cutscene. There are parts that will remind some of Dead Space. Not the scares but the gameplay.

I'd suggest waiting for it to drop in price before getting it. Its not really bad... just not really good either. Easy as hell so far, except the space ship mission, getting through that with 85% shields will be a real bitch.

NPCs seem to have really bad pathfinding... or something. I keep seeing them spin in place, freakin' uncanny man.

Cut scenes are kind of wonky.

The brute enemy looks like something from last gen/early this gen. Also hit detection was weird when fighting it, I swear I managed to get out of its way, but I still got damaged pretty badly.

It has chapter selection, and a eh, 'sub chapter' selection. I'd call it checkpoint selection, but you can only chose certain checkpoints.

It tracks your research/data recorders by sub chapter which is very nice.

Doesn't track kills though, which is not very nice. Also doesn't track the side-mission completion from what I can tell which is REALLY not nice.

Also joining games online can take a while since you have to wait for the player you're trying to join to reach a checkpoint.

Oh, and keep joining games with people who either go AFK forever, or who ignore side missions/exploration for collectibles. But that isn't really the games problem.

Not getting this now myself but back in the day, Star Trek was huge. Really surprised that more people are not buying it out of the gate.

I'm not. It seems like they did a horrible job advertising it and building hype up for it. It seems they were just relying on it selling purely on the name alone. Which is the only reason it got any of the sales it had so far.

I'll probably end up buying the game and trying it out eventually to have something to play with the wife, but I'm not expecting much from it.

Not getting this now myself but back in the day, Star Trek was huge. Really surprised that more people are not buying it out of the gate.

I've always thought Star Trek would make terrible video games. This is pretty much Star Trek in name only.

I think for a Star Trek game to work it'd have to be something like EVE online.

My first Impression of this is "meh". It's not bad, but definitely not great. The graphics look worse than some games that came out when the system launched, and we are near the end of this system's life cycle. Again, it's not bad, but very disappointing. It's highest video output is also 720p. All games now should be 1080p or at least 1080i by now imo.

The voice acting is bad, even though they used real actors from the movie. It felt like they were reading from a script out loud in English class at school. Very cardboard and wooden. The gameplay and license are the only thing carrying this game for me. It's neat running around on the Enterprise even though it's just one area. The game is definitely playable, but after being spoiled by AAA games like Bioshock Infinite, God of War, Tomb Raider, etc. it's hard to shallow and digest mediocre games.

At $20 I would enjoy this game knowing I didn't get ripped off, but there's no chance in hell I would pay $60 or even $30 for this. I'm very glad I only rented this on my blockbuster unlimited monthly game pass. I may be returning this in exchange for Dead Island Riptide tomorrow. It's got bad reviews but the first game had bad ratings too and I still loved it, so I may give it a shot. I will come back to finish this sometime later, but for now there's just so many better games I want to play.

Alright, almost done with my hard playthrough, which isn't hard by the way, and I'm figuring the hardest trophies are probably Honorary Commendation, which is complete all side objectives, and All Power to Forward Shields, which is getting past the spaceship section with 85% shields. I don't think difficulty affects the spaceship mission, since I ended it on easy with 3% shields, and then on hard I finished with 55%. Also the AI seemed better than any human players I played with.

The problem with Honorary Commendation, is that there seems to be no way to keep track of it, and it seems a lot of the side objectives are 'get past this section without enemies attacking you.' I don't really have the patience to do stealth, so I get sloppy. Others might have an easier time though. Also might be easier with certain Tricorder abilities.

Collectibles are a piece of cake, except the tribbles. Only found three of them. I've only missed one other collectible so far.

I neither love it nor hate it yet...

And im already stuck :/ .... The part where theres a blown out bridge you have to cross to activate some crap youll only have one shot at? Make sense to anone? Spock can make the jump when I tell him to but I cant :( . There are two powe coils lying around but I only found use for one... Grr.

I neither love it nor hate it yet...

And im already stuck :/ .... The part where theres a blown out bridge you have to cross to activate some crap youll only have one shot at? Make sense to anone? Spock can make the jump when I tell him to but I cant :( . There are two powe coils lying around but I only found use for one... Grr.

You have to make that jump. Its not really that hard, just get a running started and leap at the last second.

Welp, I have all the audio logs but the trophy didn't pop. I think it MIGHT have glitched when I joined another persons game and upon checking my research I noticed an audio log I recall not collecting being marked as collected. Or it could have been something else.

I'm going to try a few things, but I might end up having to delete my data and running through again. Urgh, talk about a downer.

You have to make that jump. Its not really that hard, just get a running started and leap at the last second.

This. It took me two tries to make it.

Is anyone playing this game with a buddy for co-op? If so, how is it? I plan on probably getting this and playing it with my wife.

It's not bad as ppl making it seem like. I enjoyed it. Its not hard at all but just few parts of the game u broken LoL.. u fall threw the wall and minor crap like that. But hopefully it'll get patched up. But for a movie based game this would get high rank in my books. :applause: