Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Ultimate Armor and Synthesis Guide

There's been a few threads now regarding the synthesis of some ultimate armor. I thought I would gather the facts together, with a heaping dose of my own opinion, just for good measure. I think this might be useful to sticky, but I don't know how to go about getting that accomplished. But anyway...

The thread is set up as follows: I will first list what I think are the important synthesis factors, together with the easiest way to obtain them. There have been enough changes in the PS3 version of SO that this should be useful to someone.The percentages I list are those which occur when synthed to ARMOR or WEAPONS. If you synth these to an accessory, the percentages will be lower. This might still be desirable (e.g. you might want to further bolster a mage's HP or DEF), but keep the reduction in mind.

After that, I will dedicate one post to describing the "best" of each armor and weapon. Of course, there will be dissension, and so I welcome follow-up posts to describe what might be better (this board isn't Stalin's Russia, after all :p). This section is a bit more incomplete, as I haven't experimented with all characters and all combos, but I'll list my observations nonetheless.

Before I begin, let me note that IMHO, there is really very little difference in the "best" and the "worst" weapons, particularly after synthesis. I haven't tested it, but my feeling is that even a weapon like a Silvance can be an "ultimate weapon," if you like the design. The reason for this is that after synthing enough Infinity Sabers, you'll have a LOT of extra power. Thus, the only thing that's really important for weapons is having those 4 empty slots (or, in a couple of cases, three empty slots and a built-in "Increase Crit. Hit Chance).

Armor is different, however. The female characters seem to have trouble maxing out defense (obviously the mages have the most trouble, but even Meracle and Reimi seem to be problematic). However, again, 4 empty factors is more important than a thousand points of defense, so keep it in mind.

Synthesis Factors:

First, let's consider the synthesis factors you'll probably want to choose from, together with some commentary on each one.

ATK +18% (Saber Tooth Tiger Fang - 1 magical clay)

DEF +20% (Red Dragon Scale - 1 magical clay)

INT +18% (Mana Ribbon - 1 magical clay)

GRD +25% (Faerie of Protection - synth first to alchemist's cloak)

HP +20% (Potent Health Seeds - synth first to alchemist's cloak)

These are bread-and-butter, and should be used to bolster deficient stats. There are many ways to do this, depending on your preferences; I will describe one such way below. For the final two factors, you should first synth the appropriate item onto, say, an alchemist's cloak (1 magical clay to dupe), and use THAT as your source of that factor from then on. There is also a stat to raise HIT, but as far as I can tell, it is useless to do so.

Upon further review, it seems like the "ATK +18%" and "INT +18%" are pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. The reason is that it is easy (and cheap) to really maximize a weapon with Infinity Sabers, so you should probably use "ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%" instead.

ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5% (Hyper Potion - 1 magical clay)

This thing is great. For mages, when creating armor, you will probably want to strike a balance between DEF and HP. Thus, your factors will be divided. This allows you to further bolster defense on your weapon. In fact, for each of my mages, I have a full complement of these on laser weapons.

For fighters, it's not quite as good, as their ATK and DEF can be maxed pretty easily. Still, if you need an extra push, consider one of these. Otherwise, use some of the other factors I list below.

Survive Incapacitation Via Fury (Green Talisman - 1 magical clay)

Nullify HP damage 25% of the time (Blue Talisman - 1 magical clay)

Nullify MP damage 25% of the time (Red Talisman - 1 magical clay)

The first two are great. The 2nd one should be a staple on most character's armor (I can't tell you how nice it is to cancel out one of those nasty "Supernova" attacks).

You can also nullify MP damage 25% of the time. The Ethereal Queen does substantial MP damage (pretty constantly against whomever she is chasing), but usually, that fighter will have the "convert" skill, which replenishes MP very quickly. Thus, I think this is probably the most useless factor in the game.

Increase Crit. Hit chance (crystal - 1 magical clay)

Add Stun to attacks (DANGER! Do not drink! - 1 magical clay)

HP Damage +35% (Ultimate Bomb - synth first to Silvance)

The first of these is great for any melee fighter; feel free to synth multiple ones. The next two are not as good as they should be. HP Damage +35% only works for regular melee attacks, so don't go thinking that Arumat's "Dragon Roar" is about to get a major upgrade. I'm not as sure for Add stun, but I've had no luck getting it to trigger with a skill, so I'm also putting it into the same category. Nonetheless, these are quite useful on your AI-controlled melee fighter (Edge, for many people), since both GC and EQ are susceptible to stun (more on that below). For my money, stun is the ONLY status worth a damn, unless you are specifically gunning for some of the BTs.

Grants immunity to _______ (Anti-________ amulet - 1 magical clay)

Nullifying void status is great. This status effect can really ruin your day, as you lose all of your upgrades until it is cured. Silence is death on a mage. The others are so-so. P

Adds 1 hit chance per attack (Ashlay Bombeldt Jewel - easy enough to create)

As a necessary factor for uber-bosses, this is pretty worthless. I suppose if you build a "stunner" character (i.e. an AI-controlled melee fighter who uses no skills, and whose only purpose is to spam regular attacks in hopes of stunning GC and EQ), then this can be used to add more oomph to the regular attacks.

However, as Vexacion notes, this can be very useful for obtaining battle trophies. With 4 attacks chances added on, your odds of hitting certain numbers increase dramatically. Moreover, since the added attacks give you exactly half of the original damage, you might be able to pull of some of the low numbers (to use his example, for Edge's "Deal exactly 555 points of damage," a hit of 8880, together with 4 added attacks, will do the job, since 1/16=(1/2)^{4} of 8880 is 555).

Edited by starcrunch061

Best Wrist Accessory:

Super Tri-Emblum. Enough said.

Well, OK. The fact is, EVERY MEMBER of your party should be wearing this. Get yourself a Tri-Emblum (anthropology drop of thieving scumbag). Synth to it 8(!) Tri-Emblems (bought from Santa for a cool 2,000,000 Fol each). When doing this synthesis, you should also max out all your resistances (which is easy enough to do; I'll describe it later, maybe, but I would suggest reading some of the FAQs on gamefaqs). Now, dupe your Super Tri-Emblum for each of your party members (it only costs one magical clay to dupe). Ta-da!

This accessory, when made properly, will raise ATK 1600, INT 1600, and DEF, HIT and GRD 800. This is that moment in the game where you will finally say, "OK - I've made it." Moreover, it should grant +20 to all resistances. Now, you might think, "Who cares? It's not like elements are going to hurt me much, anyway," but the point here is that not only do they not hurt you, they won't even slow you down; if someone casts, say, Terra Hammer on you, you will walk through the spell with no stun to your character. Also, it's great for getting those pesky, "Take no damage x times in a row" BTs - just put on your Super Tri-Emblum and fight one of those elemental corpses.

In addition to the incredible stats, the Super Tri-Emblum possesses three useful factors:

Rush Gauge Increase +3 (incredibly useful)

Grants Immunity to Paralysis (quite useful)

MP cost -15% (so-so useful, but still worthwhile)

Without a doubt, this is the best accessory in the game.

Edited by starcrunch061

Best Neck Accessory:

After the creation of the Super Tri-Emblum, the neck accessory will be a real disappointment. Basically, you should use this to add any additional factors that you might want. I would suggest that you put

Survive Incapacitation Via Fury

Grants Immunity to Void Status (all)

Grants Immunity to Stun Status (for melee)/ Grant Immunity to silence status (for mages).

The other one is up to you. I think the "Survive..." factor stacks, so feel free to add more for melee fighters. Personally, though, I think this is useless, as it is rare that you will die from a single 99999 attack. More likely, you will die from spammed smaller attacks, and as far as I can tell, Fury only works if you have a certain percentage of HP. In any case, I wouldn't add another for mages. Instead, you should further bolster your HP and DEF stats. You can add either HP +12% or DEF +12%. It's not as good as the armor synth, but it's the only way to get more of these two crucial stats.

You should synth further a couple of Tri-Emblems to bolster everyone's stats for cheap. At the very least, do so for the mages. All in all, it should cost you 4 more Tri-Emblems here (assuming you have two different Green Talismans/Anti-Void Amulets, one for melee and one for mages).

Edited by starcrunch061

Best Armor:

Some people say that the best way to go here is to simply synth laser suits. I completely disagree. While laser suits have more room for synths, the only thing I care about from my armor is

1) High Defense, and

2) 4 empty factors.

Moreover, it's almost pointless to synth Tri-Emblems here, anyway. They are expensive, and the boost you get in attack will almost be unnecessary when you make your ultimate weapons. On the other hand, a laser suit which is fully synthed with Tri-Emblems will only have 2400 defense. That's not all that great.

Instead, I would advise spending some time in finding the best defense suits with 4 free factors. Moreover, given the dubious value of stats like HIT, INT (for melee), ATK (for mages) and GRD (once you're past 3000, it seems to make no difference whatsoever), I would save myself time and money and instead use Ashlay jewels. You'll get better defensive production (129 DEF versus 100 for a Tri-Emblem), plus you'll get some free ATK (79, if memory serves). Moreover, you can get Monster Jewels incredibly easily (from Colosseum shop, e.g.). And while you'll lose INT points, your melee fighters won't care, and your mages will get huge boosts from their own ultimate weapons). Use what best fits your current situation.

Thus, the best armors are character-specific. I make a universal note here: if an armor has some negative element resistance, get rid of it! You don't want to spoil your immunity to all elements. For example, Universal Armor has a -8 for the darkness elemental. This might be the one time where a Tri-Emblem is useful, since you can't synth anything to a Monster Jewel. At most, this should cost you an additional 10 Tri-Emblems or so (and I'm being liberal).

Edge/Arumat - Universal Armor

I think this one is the best. It only takes 10 synth slots (as opposed to the 16 for the Laser Suit), but its high base DEF more than makes up for it. I like the following three factors:

DEF +20% x2

Nullify HP Damage 25% of the time

For the fourth factor, I chose, "HP +20%" for Edge, and "GRD +25%" for Arumat. Edge gets pretty much maximum benefit from HP +20% (at level 255, his max HP is around 80000-81000, so the HP +20% gives him 16000+ HP). For Arumat, the benefit is lessened (he has around 91000 HP at level 255), so I bolstered his GRD stat (which is probably of dubious value - while Arumat will guard against many of GC's and EQ's attacks, I think it's probably more useful to put something like anti-void status). You probably won't need to synth 9 Tri-Emblems/Ashlay Jewels for Edge, but Arumat will need all of them. Alternately, you can synth some Ashlay Bombeldt jewels. You will gain in defense and lose in attack, but honestly, it's not going to matter once you add your ultimate weapons. However, it's a hell of a lot cheaper and easier. I guess you lose intelligence, but I don't know how that affects a melee fighter (other than when he uses a symbol card).

Reimi/Meracle - Absolute Protector

Reimi and Meracle have trouble raising their defense (I didn't get them above 8500). You might put an extra DEF +20% on there if this is important to you. Otherwise, you can use a set-up like that for Edge and Arumat.

Bacchus - Plate of the Lost Monarch

I don't use Bacchus all that much, but his suit is pretty fun. You have absolutely no need for HP boosts, because his base HP is through the roof. I used two DEF +20%, Null HP damage 25%, and anti-void.

Sarah/Lymle/Myuria - Laser Suit

Sarah and Lymle are my healers. I used the Laser Suits and Tri-Emblems to bolster not only DEF, but INT (and everything else) as well. Upon further glance, though, I think that Ashlay Jewels would have been more appropriate. WHile you lose a few points in INT, you will more than gain it back later on. Plus, you'll gain an extra 435 points of base DEF, which is non-trivial. The mages INT and ATK will easily hit 9999 once you synth an ultimate weapon, so the extra defense is more valuable.

Anyway, I don't expect my healers to melee, so "Nullify HP Damage 25%" isn't all that useful to me. Instead, I go with

Def +20% x2

HP +20% x2

Together with 15(!) synthed Tri-Emblems/Ashlay Jewels, the healers can take some punishment, and usually get the hell away from any enemy that takes an unhealthy interest in them. Moreover, they become very powerful (in fact, after they get their ultimate weapons, they will have 9999 ATK as well as 9999 INT).

Edited by starcrunch061

Best Weapon:

The best weapons are character-specific. Again, the only things I care about (in order of importance) is:

1) Empty slate for factors (or only factors that I will absolutely use)

2) Great ATK for melee/Great INT for mages

As Sulhaq mentions below, you can synth Faize's WD weapon, the Infinity Saber. IMHO, there is absolutely no reason to use Tri-Emblems here. Sure, you don't get any HIT (big deal), but the Infinity Saber can be duped for 1 magical clay! Moreover, it adds a whopping +150 to ATK and +149 to INT!

Also, you should NEVER use a final weapon that has an element attack, since both GC and EQ are immune to ALL elements.

Edge: Imperial Sword (item creation)

This is a no-brainer. It has great attack, and an empty slate for factors. The factors I personally use are

Grants Stun Status to Attacks

HP Damage +35%

Increases Crit Hit chance

ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%

I only used the last one to give Edge the final boost to 9999 in attack and defense. You might consider leaving it off and putting another "Increase Crit Hit". The other two factors are solely because of the way I use Edge (i.e. as a stunner, particularly on the uber-bosses).

Arumat/Faize: Laser Weapon (sanctuary pillar quest - only ONE, so dupe it for 11 magical clay before augmenting. Otherwise, you're stuck trying to find another one in WD)

Arumat gets a laser weapon. You should bolster it with Infinity Sabers until you max out ATK. I personally like the following set-up.

Increase Crit Hit Chance x4

You'll be using Arumat continuously after receiving "Dragon Roar," so this set-up makes sense. For Faize, you might want more variety, but this is a good set-up as well (since most likely, if you are keeping Faize, you are doing so for battle trophies, and thus he will be your main damage dealer for most of that playthrough).

There is no good reason to use ATK +18% with the Infinity Saber synths. Using the weapon and armor on Arumat described above, plus a Super Tri-Emblum and buffed Green Talisman, Arumat had 9979 ATK and 9920 DEF. I guess you could sub one of the "increase crit chance" above for an ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%, but it hardly seems worth it (incidentally, Arumat's intelligence was also around 8900 or so).

Sarah: Trident Harpoon (WD random chest)

ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5% x4

This weapon already has nice ATK and INT, so you probably don't need to further bolster it. I use these factors solely for the DEF boost (not that I mind the other boosts). Honestly, I can't really find any other decent factor to use with a mage.

Lymle - Laser Weapon (sanctuary quest - be sure to dupe before augmenting)

You'll need to boost this with a few infinity Sabers, but you'll easily max out both ATK and INT. Use the factors to help defense with the mage, as usual.

Myuria - Laser Weapon (see above note)

While the Wizard Staff has better (initial) stats, it also has an undesirable "INT +7%" stat. Your INT will easily max out, so this goes to waste. Instead, dupe Lymle's overpowered weapon, and Myuria will get a nice DEF boost as well as maxed out ATK and INT.

Remie - Medumistic Bow (Item creation)

Another no-brainer. Not only is this the best weapon, but it even comes ready-equipped with a "Increase crit hit chance" factor. The other factors are your choice. If you're going to buff stats, stay away from buffing purely attack. With Infinity Saber synths, you'll easily max out that stat. Reimi's defense is a little on the low side, however, so you might consider a couple of "ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%".

Meracle - Laser Weapon (see above)

After reconsidering, I am going back to the laser weapon for Meracle. While the Hidden Claws from the WD absolutely dwarf the Laser Weapon in attack, they have the undesirable factor "Damage against Animals +20%". I don't like wasting a factor, particularly when your attack will easily be maxed out anyway after synthing Infinity Sabers. Instead, consider a dupe of Arumat's weapon if you want the best chance at a critical hit. Alternately, you can use "ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%" in place of some of those critical hit factors, if Meracle's defense seems too low for a melee fighter.

Bacchus: Symbol Cannon "Tempest"

Bacchus' final weapon is easily his best. It has a whopping 4000+ ATK, and a clean slate for factors. It's a shame Bacchus is so lame. Have fun with his factors.

(As you can see, the vast majority of my fighters get "Increase Crit. Hit" and ALL of my mages get "ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%". Feel free to add more variety if you want - I find weapon factors pretty boring)

Edited by starcrunch061

Nice stuff! Few notes here as they apply to the 360 version (Some also to the PS3 version, some unknown):

This is pretty worthless, but I figured I would put it here in case someone wants to further buff their AI-melee who will use no skills. Personally, if I had the extra slot, I would use "Increase crit hit chance," but whatever.

These are REALLY good abilities to have for a number of BTs, but also can be used for the Deal exactly XXX damage since the extra attacks do half of the initial hit.

For Edge, for example, dealing 555 damage might be difficult near end game, but with 4 extra attacks (5 total), you can actually hit for 8,880 to get it (8,880 -> 4,440 -> 2,220 -> 1,110 -> 555)

This is a no-brainer. It has great attack, and an empty slate for factors. The factors I personally use are

Grants Stun Status to Attacks

HP Damage +35%

Increases Crit Hit chance

ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5%

HP Damage doesn't affect damage from skills. Only normal hits. I'd go with a increase crit hit chance over the Stun chance, and another hyper potion over the HP Damage - but its just personal preference - your setup looks fine as is as well.

Arumat: Laser Weapon (sanctuary pillar quest - only ONE, so dupe it for 11 magical clay before augmenting)

I got like 5 in one floor of the WD (like 17th floor or something) on the PS3 version - so if you screw this up already, its certainly possible to get another one.

Lymle/Myuria - Laser Weapon (sanctuary quest - be sure to dupe before augmenting)

Again, laser weapons are the way to go (Lymle's Santa weapon would be perfect, except for the silly "INT +10" factor stuck to it). For Lymle, I put an INT +18% for sure. I don't use Myuria.

Wizard staff for Myuria - Comes with INT +7% and with her high int already, she can max it out without the need for additional synths.

Remie - Medumistic Bow (Item creation)

Another no-brainer. Not only is this the best weapon, but it even comes ready-equipped with a "Increase crit hit chance" factor. The others are your choice.

When I made mine, I got a high-quality version with an extra increase crit hit already synthed. Woot! Just putting that there to say its possible, if you're a min-maxer and want to keep trying, you can crit the ultimate weapons.

Meracle - ?

I have done no testing with her weapons, so I can't comment at the moment.

Hidden claws from 10F/12F of WD.

Edited by vexacion

Here's my two cents on the matter:

Ultimate Armor for everyone except Edge/Faize/Arumat:

Laser Suit + 1x ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD + 5% + 2x Max HP + 20% + 1 x Survive Incap Via Fury + 15 Synthed Ashlay Bernbelt Jewels. (IMO better than Tri-Emblems, better overall +DEF gain)

Ultimate Armor for Edge/Faize/Arumat:

God of Hellfire + 15 Synthed Tri-Emblems. (Tri-Emblems needed here to raise the overall negative Hit)

Ultimate Weapon for Everyone:

Laser Weapon + 3 x ATK/INT/DEF/HIT/GRD +5% + 1x Increase Crit. Chance + 15 Synthed Infinity Sabers. (IMO better than Tri-Emblems again. Infinity Sabers give +150 atk and +149 int. Tri-Emblems give +150 atk, +100 int and +100 hit)

Ultimate Wrist:

Super Tri-Emblum with +20 resist to all. (No question here)

Ultimate Neck:

Green Talisman + DEF+12% + Revive from Incap once per battle + Last stat of your choice.

---------------

Not too sure about the Neck though. I may have said some synths that might not work on a neck. Haven't gotten around to making these myself yet. Just about to enter WD to meet Santa and get my first batch of Tri-Emblems and hunt for the Philosopher's Stone and Infinity Saber.

Edited by sulhaq

I thought I would mention where some of the hard-to-find items mentioned in the guide above could be found.

1) Tri-Emblems. The only way to get these are from Santa. They cannot be duped. He appears in the WD after floor 10 (and possibly floor 8, but I've heard from no one who has seen him that early). He only appears in certain room designs (namely, the same ones that bosses are found in), so keep looking. I've never NOT seen him in a WD run (4 times), although I've heard that he might not show sometimes.

Anyway, they cost 2,000,000 FOL apiece. You can bring down the price to 1,800,000 FOL if you complete his shop orders, but it hardly matters. You'll probably need to do the Metal Scumbag money trick (multiple times) to get the necessary number of Tri-Emblems.

2) Philosopher Stones - Most, if not all, final weapons require this synthesis item. They are (very rare) drops from Damascus Forts in WD. These creatures appear around floor 12 or so. You'll want Myuria in the party for her Demonology skill. You can dupe these for 11 magical clays, but I think it is far more efficient to farm them in the WD by using Meracle's ocarina skill.

3) Infinity Sabers - This is the best item to synth to weapons. You get no HIT from them, but you get huge boosts in both ATK and INT. The only place to find this item is WD. I've found them as low as Floor 6, and I've found them as high up as Floor 18. You only need one; they can be duped for 1 magical clay.

4) Moonstone - You'll need this for many of the high-end weapon creations. There is one in the SSD; I highly advise that you save this until you get Arumat's "Duplication" skill. They only cost 1 clay to dupe.

• 10 months later...
Best Wrist Accessory:

Super Tri-Emblum. Enough said.

Well, OK. The fact is, EVERY MEMBER of your party should be wearing this. Get yourself a Tri-Emblum (anthropology drop of thieving scumbag). Synth to it 8(!) Tri-Emblems (bought from Santa for a cool 2,000,000 Fol each). When doing this synthesis, you should also max out all your resistances (which is easy enough to do; I'll describe it later, maybe, but I would suggest reading some of the FAQs on gamefaqs). Now, dupe your Super Tri-Emblum for each of your party members (it only costs one magical clay to dupe). Ta-da!

This accessory, when made properly, will raise ATK 1600, INT 1600, and DEF, HIT and GRD 800. This is that moment in the game where you will finally say, "OK - I've made it." Moreover, it should grant +20 to all resistances. Now, you might think, "Who cares? It's not like elements are going to hurt me much, anyway," but the point here is that not only do they not hurt you, they won't even slow you down; if someone casts, say, Terra Hammer on you, you will walk through the spell with no stun to your character. Also, it's great for getting those pesky, "Take no damage x times in a row" BTs - just put on your Super Tri-Emblum and fight one of those elemental corpses.

In addition to the incredible stats, the Super Tri-Emblum possesses three useful factors:

Rush Gauge Increase +3 (incredibly useful)

Grants Immunity to Paralysis (quite useful)

MP cost -15% (so-so useful, but still worthwhile)

Without a doubt, this is the best accessory in the game.

Hi, I'm curious about this one. Because you need a Tri-emblum. Synthed to 8? What do you mean with that.

How many Tri-emblum en Tri-Emblems do you need?

I synthed 4 Tri-Emblems together and got attack 800+.

Could you be more specific?

Hi, I'm curious about this one. Because you need a Tri-emblum. Synthed to 8? What do you mean with that.

How many Tri-emblum en Tri-Emblems do you need?

I synthed 4 Tri-Emblems together and got attack 800+.

Could you be more specific?

A Tri-emblum has eight empty synth slots.

A Tri-emblem has four empty synth slots.

So you take a Tri-emblum and add eight Tri-emblems to the Tri-emblum. This gives you eight x 200 = 1600 bonus.

You only need to make one super tri-emblum... after you make one, you can dupe the finished item for one clay.

Edited by Suiseiseki

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Somebody please help me. I'm trying to create XP/FOL gear and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the guides exactly, overlfowing and everything. But the problem I seem to be having is that the game always wants to copy the factor that I don't want. So after I synth an aquaberry to a warning brooch, when I try to synth the curry rice, only the ATK+1 carries over, not the +15%xp. If I ignore the aquaberry, the ATK+1 and the +15%xp both carry over, but then I'm essentially wasting two synth slots on my silvance with ATK boosts instead of xp boosts. What am I doing wrong??

EDIT: Never mind, apparently the guides are for the xbox (even though they say PS3) and on the PS3 the +XP/FOL factors were swapped with the stat boosters to prevent people from cutting hours off the amount of time it will take to plat this game.

Edited by djhoch1226

Somebody please help me. I'm trying to create XP/FOL gear and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the guides exactly, overlfowing and everything. But the problem I seem to be having is that the game always wants to copy the factor that I don't want. So after I synth an aquaberry to a warning brooch, when I try to synth the curry rice, only the ATK+1 carries over, not the +15%xp. If I ignore the aquaberry, the ATK+1 and the +15%xp both carry over, but then I'm essentially wasting two synth slots on my silvance with ATK boosts instead of xp boosts. What am I doing wrong??

EDIT: Never mind, apparently the guides are for the xbox (even though they say PS3) and on the PS3 the +XP/FOL factors were swapped with the stat boosters to prevent people from cutting hours off the amount of time it will take to plat this game.

i have work so

1 - synth an aquaberry to a sacrificial doll

2 - synth curry rice.

3 - (optional) up only stats grd or att or def - synth any item (aquaberry +2 def)

max exp is 40+15+15 =70% a 4 (all party) 280exp + 140 Bonus grid :(

i have work so

1 - synth an aquaberry to a sacrificial doll

2 - synth curry rice.

3 - (optional) up only stats grd or att or def - synth any item (aquaberry +2 def)

max exp is 40+15+15 =70% a 4 (all party) 280exp + 140 Bonus grid :(

I'm going to try and synth those. I need to get my characters to level 255 faster before I fight the EQ.

• 6 months later...

i got a question.

Do you need to save a slot for inifinity saber or the ashlay jewel? cause im a bit confuse on that part where you say you can keep synthing infinity saber and tri-emblum onto a item. Im not sure what u meant by that.

cause after the slots is full you cant synth anymore in the post it said "x4 [stats] + inifinity saber/jewel/tri-emblum"

I dont understand this part

I want to create those ultimate weapon before fighting Ethereal Queen.

I havent play this game for so long i went to Wandering Dungeon like a few days ago and got to 10th floor and the Amaros II pink thing was giving me a hard time and took forever to kill. So i just got a phil stone and try to make some good item and go again and look for the other remaining items to create ultimate weapon before attempting to go thru the whole dungeon. Also how many Tri-Emblem should i buy from Santa if i do ever see him and what other item should i buy? I have 96Mil at the moment do i need more?

Edit: Also, What other hard fight after that Amaros II? cause i want to get to higher floors to get the remaining of the items (Red dragon god scale/tri emblem/ inifinity saber). So i want to be prepare and not going up to that high floor and feeling wanting to quit.

Also Question about Tri-Emblum.

How can you synth 8 Tri-eblem to the tri emblum when the tri emblum already have hit+2 by default?

Edited by 3tse

wow, loads of questions. I will try to answer one by one:

1. I am not sure which part of guide you are refering to here. But from what you are saying here I think you mean that you are adding 4 factors and than there are no more slots for infiniti sabers/tri-emblems. Basicly you not add factors to the weapon you are upgrading, you should first add the factors you want to other weapon and than synch that weapon to your ultimate weapon, this way you will use only 1 synch slot but will add 4 factors.

2. Amaros II got me some trouble first time, but what you need to do is to park your healer in one corrner and than blindside Amaros II all the time as than you hit his tail which is his weak point, but whenever it spawns those adds, kill them first. This way fight is easy and pretty fast.

3. I think only other things you need are the treasures from certain floors like (trident for Sarah and Absolute protector for Reimi and Mercele, Infinity Sabre for synching and so on... there is good guide on gamefaqs for post game dungeons) and God Scales from floor 16-20.

4. I bought 20 tri-emblems from santa first time, used them for ultimate wrist accessory with +20 res, and rest on some items where I didn't want to loose int that much but I found out that Ashlay jewel is better in most cases as it gives more def which was needed for most chars.

5. There is no hard fight after Armaros II, except of floor 20 which means Ethernal Queen

6. well, you lose that one factor because of that HIT+2 but you can do nothing about it

wow, loads of questions. I will try to answer one by one:

1. I am not sure which part of guide you are refering to here. But from what you are saying here I think you mean that you are adding 4 factors and than there are no more slots for infiniti sabers/tri-emblems. Basicly you not add factors to the weapon you are upgrading, you should first add the factors you want to other weapon and than synch that weapon to your ultimate weapon, this way you will use only 1 synch slot but will add 4 factors.

2. Amaros II got me some trouble first time, but what you need to do is to park your healer in one corrner and than blindside Amaros II all the time as than you hit his tail which is his weak point, but whenever it spawns those adds, kill them first. This way fight is easy and pretty fast.

3. I think only other things you need are the treasures from certain floors like (trident for Sarah and Absolute protector for Reimi and Mercele, Infinity Sabre for synching and so on... there is good guide on gamefaqs for post game dungeons) and God Scales from floor 16-20.

4. I bought 20 tri-emblems from santa first time, used them for ultimate wrist accessory with +20 res, and rest on some items where I didn't want to loose int that much but I found out that Ashlay jewel is better in most cases as it gives more def which was needed for most chars.

5. There is no hard fight after Armaros II, except of floor 20 which means Ethernal Queen

6. well, you lose that one factor because of that HIT+2 but you can do nothing about it

Thx.

This is a dumb question but how do you upgrade? I dont see upgrading option? I have no upgrade a single item when i was playing back then throughout the whole story + the cave of seven star.

There is another post by another user further down from first page saying "synthing 15 infinity saber" so i was confused.

Edit. I just went Through up to floor 19 in the Wandering Dungeon but I cant find Infinity Saber or Sarah best weapon Trident Harpoon. can those be crafted? or obtain in any other way. Do they just spawn randomly in the wandering dungeon only? I went into every possible room up to floor 19 and open every single chest there is in every room in the dungeon. All i need is infinity saber and trident harpoon but im more interest in infinity saber since im kinda following the guide in this thread.

Edit: I just check my memory plate and it says i cleared 18 floors only. Does the very first floor when you warp into the dungeon doesnt count?

Edit: Nevermind. I was confused with factors slots and Synth Slots. Thought they were same thign when i was reading it :p

Edited by 3tse