XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 03-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #21
Aidan

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I think my main gripe with the cast as a whole is how generic they all feel, as if a PC has a JRPG-character-generator and they renamed Alex into Edge.

I just hate games that become life lessons. The constant speeches about how friends prevail, we can do everything with our friends, we all love our friends and friends for life are starting to wear on me. That's just way too corny and childish for me.

Yeah, I'm an adult. I have friends I had for years. We never sit around the campfire saying "George, you and me are good friends. We can do anything as long as we stay friends. I feel a certain warmth when I am with you, and I can't thank you enough for being my friend." George will most likely think I'm gay, and get uncomfortable.

I suppose it fits the fantasy theme of having a highly unrealistic cast, but almost everything that happens is so far-fetched and surreal that I have a hard time getting involved with the cast. I doze off during almost every cutscene, if I don't have replacement embarrassment feelings yet, and just don't care if they all live or die. In fact, I hope most of them die, and not just of old age, but very slow and painful, by my hands!
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #22
Lethal-Hjorth

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Silver   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Gold Submission   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Killzone Gaming Night Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexacion View Post
you can just walk behind gabriel, get the water ring, and leave. Thats what I did - you don't have to fight him. Fighting him without dragon roar is ugh, no thanks.
Um... Meracle X-Claws Juggle?

as for the topic, i disagree and agree on many points. (Lymle and Sarah, I hate you.)

PSNTL | PSNProfiles
Currently Playing: IDK lol
Latest Platinum: Watch Dogs (#152)
Lethal-Hjorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #23
PDJ2K

Thanks for this thread Aidan. I almost completely agree with you. It's not that I hate the whole cast, but seriously Lymle and Sarah are just beyond annoying.

Lymle does have some cute and funny moments, but she usually just says useless things and she says it so fucking slow, that I wanna slap her from time to time.

And Sarah's voice gives me a headache.

PDJ2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:15 PM   #24
vexacion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal-Hjorth View Post
Um... Meracle X-Claws Juggle?

as for the topic, i disagree and agree on many points. (Lymle and Sarah, I hate you.)
I used to love using Meracle, but I loathe controlling her. The only time I've controlled her this go around on anything worth meaning is getting the 2 gabriel BTs (which I did first shot $$), and aramos manifest.

Lymle and Sarah are terribly annoying, Lymle isn't annoying with Japanese voices, but Sarah still is.

Other : White Knight Chronicles I and II, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori
vexacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #25
starcrunch061

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post

Yeah, I'm an adult. I have friends I had for years. We never sit around the campfire saying "George, you and me are good friends. We can do anything as long as we stay friends. I feel a certain warmth when I am with you, and I can't thank you enough for being my friend." George will most likely think I'm gay, and get uncomfortable.
LMAO! I went from liking my cast of characters to hating my cast of characters in the span of 4 lines of text!

Seriously, I completely agree. The idea of having the crew explore planets, early "Star Trek" style, was great. But once Edge had his breakdown, I really got tired of the platitudes. And yeah, the "With my friends, I can overcome anything!" message was really, really stupid. Thanks for the after-school special, Tri-Ace!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #26
taqili

brilliant original post, and for the most part, replies. myuria does win big for her 2 big wins, but who the hell decided to put her next to meracle? obviously the people who like one won't like the other, 'cuz last I checked pedos don't like adults.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #27
LordMaceX

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I agree with a couple points, i disagree with it being the worst cast of characters ever tho. There are many actually bad games out there with characters twice as annoying. Yes even more annoying than Lymle.

I am a massive fan of the Star Ocean series. I love the stories, characters, and everything about the series but once I saw this was coming to the xbox I knew it would go down hill. The xbarge kills every storyline and rpg it touches.

Fantastic series turned mediocre.

Sarah although annoying was a good character imo, she was hilarious.

Ultimate badass's of the Star Ocean series is hands down Dias and Ashton.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:52 PM   #28
SevenFisher

Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMaceX View Post
once I saw this was coming to the xbox I knew it would go down hill. The xbarge kills every storyline and rpg it touches..
lmao gud 1 fanboy u made me laugh omg hahaha etc.

That's just stupid statment, and very biased. I spent over 150 hours on Blue Dragon, loved that game and Lost Odyssey has great story, both on 360.

Anyway on subject, I must be only one on here who likes every character in SOIV, even if I do get annoyed with "With my friends, I can do everything!" <_<
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #29
taqili

Probably. How can you justify Meracle's inclusion at all? I understand the catgirl obsession, but I'd think Roak satisfies that need enough... more Myurias please.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #30
SevenFisher

Send a message via MSN to SevenFisher

Being deaf helps so I don't have to hear their annoying voices if their voices are really bad. :-P

And for me it's mostly their combat system that appeals to me more. Meracle happens to be my favourite character in combat wise, managed to knock huge HP off bosses with her.

However, I'll admit I don't like her personality much. Nor Lym, although Lym does make me laugh in some places - but I'm easily amushed. Still, there's other RPGs with better party members... and less "WITH FRIENDS I CAN DO ANNNNNNNNYTHING" lines.

Bacchus's worst, though. My favourite but I cringe every time he says that line.