Rate the trophy difficulty...  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 9.09

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 10! Why? First off all the time will be a big part off my rate ( yes i read the rules)

Second: 900 battletrophys for 1single silver award, some of them are so hard to get.

3rd :collection and creation part, if you miss 1chest you have to start all over again, and to create all availible items you don't allowed to miss eveything, and there are no clues where to find them. Monster data and quests are all The same.

Bosses: at the harder diffeculties bosses actualie need tacktics. No more run and gun. But planning and managing all The way, and the last boss eq is still very diffecult at the max lvl (250)

I edit this post later on for more.

Sorry about my bad english.

Voted 9. While the trophies are TIME CONSUMING, the difficulty is fairly minimal. Killing Etherial Queen within 10 minutes with Lymle is the only one that is truely difficult. All of the other ones are just time consuming, and management of spreadsheets (like creating all 321 recipies in one playthrough, etc)

Voted 9. While the trophies are TIME CONSUMING, the difficulty is fairly minimal. Killing Etherial Queen within 10 minutes with Lymle is the only one that is truely difficult. All of the other ones are just time consuming, and management of spreadsheets (like creating all 321 recipies in one playthrough, etc)

Totaly agreed, the BT's don't scare me AT ALL (I got 56% on Edge just by grinding! I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED TO COLLECT THEM! But with a guide its not that can't be handled)

ALSO you CAN collect them on easie so that makes it way easer for Lymle-100 (kill EQ in less then 10 minutes) and Faize-100 (Kill 55 gregori)

Though I'm not rating this yet, I haven't gotten very much trophies (blah wrong house to play atm :()

But knowing this is very do-able with a guide (and with the trasure sence skill for lymle you can even fnd all those treasures without any effort) I'm guessing this will be a 8-9 (Because I refuse to base my rating on time invested, els this would DEFFENLY be a 10)

But this game is amazing! So you won't hear my complaining about it :D

I'll rate when I have the plat (I'm guessing it will take about 7-9 months from now)

i'll hold off rating as well for now, but it will most likely be around a 9. Only have 2 trophies so far and it doesn't look like i'll be getting more any time soon. Still, a great game, but the amount of time one needs to get the plat is a bit overwhelming.

Since there are so many spiffy guides out there now ;) it should be doable in 400-500 hours or so. The 2 30k kill BTs, Lymle-100, and the 255 Drops for Bacchus/Meracle/Edge make the whole process a lot longer, though. Edge 30k/255 Drops will probably take the average person 50 hours, and Arumats 30k will take the average person about 35 hours. Lots of magic clay farming for crafting, killing Etherial Queen 5 times, etc. Lots of time consuming stuff. Just not *difficult* per se.

I'm voting 10 for these reasons

1. Time - Normally time shouldn't be an issue but you're going to spend alot of time on this. I didn't even play the game on hard (360 version) and I put 200 + hours into the game. I still haven't completed the battle trophies, and I didn't win the arena challenges for basically every single character. I eventually got tired of the game and gave up.

2. Battle Trophies - Okay I understand that achievements shouldn't be easy, but why would you make things difficult by putting random stats like deal 7,777 points of damage or my all time favorite trophy/achievement Survive incap. via Fury 15 times in a row with Reimi

If you want to enjoy this game, don't do it for the trophies just enjoy the game.

it's a round ten. one of the most timeconsuming plats on ps3.

I've played for 50+ hours with Edge as the leader and I haven't killed 10k enemies, i was farming like crazy.

Yeah its 50 hours when you're actively grinding it.

Check out my youtube video at YouTube - sirrath's Channel

I have one demonstrating getting the 30k/255 drop deal at the same time. Thats what I was referring to it.

This game isn't just time consuming, it is difficult. Try beating Aramos on Chaos difficulty... or any of the bosses or normal monsters. I was over leveled + blindsiding + rush combos and the stupid AI of my characters rushed in with Reimi / Lymle / Faize, not that smart. The only way to survive is to control the character you want to survive and that is hard when you have 4-5 monsters after you. Universe / Earth / Galaxy is a piece of piss, wait for the Chaos mode... it really is Chaos... especially those new to the series.

10/10

The only problem with Chaos mode is that with Ashlay Gem + HP Boost Rank 10, the entire game is trivialized.

Like Infinite Undiscovery on the 360, the beginning of the hardest difficulty (Chaos in this case) is the hardest part. The moment you mentioned -- is the hardest part. Once Faize gives you that one monster jewel, and you make an Ashlay jewel, the game at that point is totally and completely trivial.

If Monster Jewels and the *P Boost skills were not usable in Chaos mode, the then I would give this a 10/10 instead of 9/10.

There's a japanese guy who has already 90% of trophies, including 75% battle trophies :eek: I can't imagine how often he plays the game :think:

um... I have 75% of the battle trophies... in fact it's not really hard, i haven't started on any of the time consumers yet.

As for topic, voted 10.

Edited by Lethal-Hjorth

Dang, I voted a 9, but meant to vote a 10. Reason is simple: 900 battles trophies for one silver. Each of those battle trophies could be a normal trophy in an easy game like Up. And some of the battle trophies can be compared to gold trophies of hard games. So yea....

Dang, I voted a 9, but meant to vote a 10. Reason is simple: 900 battles trophies for one silver. Each of those battle trophies could be a normal trophy in an easy game like Up. And some of the battle trophies can be compared to gold trophies of hard games. So yea....

I agree totally, for example there's a missable BT that requires you to defeat nearly every type of ennemy from the beginning to the end with Faize (if not, you have to restart from scratch). This could easily be a silver or gold trophy in any game, but in Star Ocean it's just 1 of 900 BTs you need to get a silver trophy :think: I would rate this game 11 if I could hehe

• 2 weeks later...

Well...it doesn't really matter how many Bt's are easy to get - even if there's only one super hard BT, that alone would shoot this up to a ten - because we're rating on how hard is it to get a platinum.

There will only be a handful of people who will ever get this, and that deserves a 10 in my mind. I'll reserve voting until later.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted 9. It's extremely time consuming, and some of the bosses can be pretty damn difficult without the correct precautions or internet browsing. Finding all chests is ridiculous without a guide, and pretty much everything else is as well.

Some BTs are difficult and require multiple playthroughs. Some require formula and other advanced preparation. All in all, not a 10 due to the fact anyone could do this if he or she were given enough time, but regardless, the time it does consume can make this task tedious and difficult.

I give it a 10. Not because it's impossible (like holding all belts online at once in Fight Night), but just for the amount of time and prep it would take to get a platinum. It makes other time consuming games look easy.

Battle trophies are so incredibly random with things like "hit for x amount of damage".

Good luck to anyone who can put up with the game for the hundreds of hours it would take to get the platinum.