Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

What's Private action?

Its basically to get you more involved with the characters, and try get them to know each other better, and also get their affection rating up with one another, so to a certain degree it has something to do with the trophies if they include watching whoevers ending movie

Correct, if a certain character doesn't like you enough by the end of the game, you will not get that character's ending.

It's possible to get all characters endings in the first playthrough, but it's pretty difficult.

There are certain items that can be made and/or bought to help instantly increase a character's like for Edge. I remember by the end of the game, you can synth love potions pretty easily to do just this.

Be warned though, I don't remember there being any way to check what a character thinks of you. The only real way to know, is if you have certain cutscenes, (or private moments) with all the characters. If you don't see some of these, it might be good to figure on not getting some character's endings.

I know it sounds complicated, but if you talk to all chars when you can, most of the time, they will start liking you more.

Hope this helps.

I dunno if its the same in SO4, but in SO2, you could tell by letting someone die, and then it would enrage whoever else likes that person a lot.

No, I wish there was a way, but this one keeps you guessing till the end.

Like stated, there are certain "Scenes" that will only show up later in the game if your on the right path with the characters. If you never see any of these scenes, you can pretty much bet that you won't get the ending segments for said characters.

Yes Private Actions affect trophies. After finishing the game if a character likes you enough, you will get his/her secret ending and associated trophy. There are 9 secret endings and 9 trophies to unlock (one for each character).

As far as I know, you cannot use Love Potions alone to boost your affinity with a character (as some characters are non-playable and/or leave your party after some time), so the only way to unlock a secret ending is by completing all the Private Actions. There are 4-5 Private Actions throughout the game for every character except Faize and Crowe, whom I think have 8 Actions you need to complete.

They're pretty tricky and you only get 1 chance to complete each action. It's best to follow a guide.

Edited by sulhaq

Certain PAs will screw up Crowes and Faizes ending, but apart from that I think its ok to miss some.

You don't have to get every private action to get the endings, like I stated earlier, there is probably some kind of list of PA's that need to be seen to get each character's PA, and what to do, and where they are.

As far as messing faize, he is the hardest one to get. There will be a time in the game where you will have to choose between Faize, and another character, Arumat. The one you don't pick will not be able to gat certain Pa's, and you will not be able to get the special ending with that guy.

I said earlier, it is poosible to get all endings in one playthrough, but that isn't entrely accurate. You can finish the game with one of the two characters mentioned above, but you will have to re-load to where the choice is made to pick the other guy.

It's pretty late in the game, so there isn't too much backtracking, maybe a couple of hours or so.