Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Rank the BTs!

+ : Time and/or Skill or Effort not that much, even with breaks there is an end in sight

++ : Time and/or Skill or Effort higher, needs way longer

+++: Time and/or Skill or Effort very high

++++: Time, Skill or Effort too high, earning needs way too long or is combined with too high risque

The rating system above is just used by me; it does not need to be used like this.

I would actually place him just because of that trophy on rank I with Edge but Lymle and Faize also require something so I go for points + exceptional reasonings instead of just one of them. Similiar with Arumat, Meracle, Faize and Sarah, time does play a role in Star Ocean indeed. Especially the ~80-100 hours for the 60000 enemies play a role for me greater than just for the points alone as it is so much life time.

I. Edge

30000 Enemies ++++, time, effort and risque of freeze

Ash +

99999 Hits ++

255 Anthropos ++(+)

999 Humans ++

Blindsides +

Exact Damage +

Perform a technique 100+ times, ++

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

_________

17-18

II. Lymle

Etheral Queen ++++, effort & risque (no saves!)

99999 Firebolt ++

255 Parapsys +

999 Zombies ++

999 Scumbags +

Exact Damage +

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

III. Faize

55 Grigori +++, effort

130 Enemies ++, effort

3000 Battles ++

999 Insects +

Shadow ++, effort

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

III-IV. Arumat (fair for me to actually give him rank III as well just because of the Huntings)

30000 Enemies ++++, time, effort and risque of freeze

Taunt Queen ++

255 Enthomos +

999 Insects +

Blindsides +

Perform a technique 100+ times, ++, including Taunts

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

V. Meracle (before Sarah because of long tasks like the drops and Hits)

Gabe +

99999 Hits ++

255 Ornithos ++(+)

999 Birds +

Blindsides +

Exact Damage+

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

12-13

VI. Sarah (rank VI because of how easy and way faster they are)

Satanail +

255 Zoos +

999 Animals +

1000 Flyers +

Jumps ++

Revivals ++

Perform a technique 100+ times, +++, including pumpkin and escape

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

VII. Bacchus

255 Robos ++(+)

999 Mechas ++

Exact Damage +

Time Winnings +

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

10-11

VIII. Reimi

255 Botany +

999 Plants +

297 Cures +

Exact Damage +

Time Winnings +

Perform a technique 100+ times, +++, including Interrupt Magic

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

IX. Myuria

255 Demonos +

999 Demons +

Time ++

Perform a technique 100+ times, +++

Do whatever in a row +

Coliseum +

Edited by Cetra

I thought everyone should use different rank system.

I said the system "above" which refers to the "+ symbols". And you can rank it how you like it, even with or without the system above, as said "it does not need to be", but it can be. However I just like to know how you rank the characters so I asked.

I said the system "above" which refers to the "+ symbols". And you can rank it how you like it, even with or without the system above, as said "it does not need to be", but it can be. However I just like to know how you rank the characters so I asked.

Lymle Rank 1

• Defeat Ethereal Queen under 10 minutes ++++

• Ology Drop +++

• Deal Exactly Damage +++

Armuat Rank 2

• Defeat 30,000 enemies ++++

• Ology Drop +++

Edge Rank 3

• Defeat 30,000 enemies ++++

• Ology Drop ++++

Faize Rank 4

Defeat 55 Grigori +++

Bacchus Rank 5

• Ology drop ++++

• Deal Exactly Damage ++++

Meracle Rank 6

• Ology Drop ++++

Sarah Rank 7

• Ology Drop +

• Heal Exactly ++++

Myuria Rank 8

• Ology Drop +++

Reimi Rank 9

• Ology Drop +++

So far, I would rate most of the BTs 2 stars or less as far as difficulty, not to mention the wealth of knowledge and know-how passed along by others that have posted helpful hints and strategies.

I will post my Top 5 most difficult/annoying BTs:

5: Defeat the Ethereal Queen with Lymle in 10 minutes or less

4: Defeat 30,000 enemies (Arumat)

3: Defeat 30,000 enemies (Edge)

2: Obtain 255 Robotics Drops (Bacchus)

1: Obtain 255 Ornithology Drops (Meracle)

Everyone else's -ology drops have been pretty easy since making my way through the Wandering Dungeon, but it would've been nice if they would've included mechs and birds in the array of enemies (could have easily replaced a few of the undead since that seems to be the majority). Instead, I feel like I'll be praying for the day when I reach those numbers with Meracle and Bacchus. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated to maintain my sanity.

• 3 months later...

Does the game actually freeze with Edge? I've only ever noticed freezing when playing as Arumat (and then, only during an ambush after I have used his dragon attack).

For me, the 4 plus trophies would be Arumat's and Edge's kill trophies (ridiculous), Faize's 55 Grigori trophy (absurd), Meracle's and Bacchus' -ology drops (Edge doesn't get mentioned because you will probably get them on the way to his 30000 kills). In fact, the -ology drops are probably THE most annoying. While 30000 kills takes longer, at least I know that every time I kill someone, I'm closer to my goal. With the -ology drops, it's just ridiculous.

I actually didn't think Lymle's trophy was that bad. I did it on an earth playthrough, without Arumat (you still have plenty of firepower with Meracle, Edge and Reimi). I gave Lymle Fairy Star (or whatever the best heal spell you get is), and stayed on EQ. She didn't spam Supernova, and after getting her really mad, I popped an invincibility potion and let Lymle do her thing, per fliptout's suggestion.

@NOIR1013:

I don't know that it's a "pointer" or anything, but I found Meracle's less offensive than Bacchus, because I could farm in the SSD with Arumat, and switch to Meracle at the end of the battle. Since you will be ambushed, you get two guaranteed attacks, right at the beginning of the dungeon, with a lot of bugs and bats. The bats give ornithology drops, if memory serves. It isn't great, but I didn't feel like a poor session was a complete waste, since Arumat got some help, too.

I just hated Bacchus, though. I farmed them on Nox Obscurus, and it was hell. The robots act strangely - sometimes they just run like hell away from you. It's hard to draw two together for any extended period of time, and it just sucked the big one.

Edited by starcrunch061

I'm glad I haven't experienced it. I've already pulled out 3/4 of my hair with Arumat freezes...

...no, really, that's why I'm balding!

I'm with you. I've frozen with Arumat a few times, but I only lost a lot of progress once. I now save about every 45 minutes (or two episodes of How I Met Your Mother). I think I'm only a few hours away from being done though...hope to finish tonight or tomorrow. Then I have no more 30k kills BTs left, just a few sporadic kills for Meracle and Faize, plus the -ology drops and Sarah's Revive BTs.

Edited by ludist210