Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Ambush -ology drops?

When farming -ology drops in the WD, I'm often faced with 2 ambushes that may feature undead then plants then undead again. If I finish the 3rd battle with Reimi, will the geostones still count for her -ology drops even though the plants were sandwiched between two undead enemies or does the final battle dictate the beneficiary of the drops?

When farming -ology drops in the WD, I'm often faced with 2 ambushes that may feature undead then plants then undead again. If I finish the 3rd battle with Reimi, will the geostones still count for her -ology drops even though the plants were sandwiched between two undead enemies or does the final battle dictate the beneficiary of the drops?

Every Geostone that you got from the Plants will count for Reimi as Battle Leader when the battle ends, the others not as it is no Botany Drop. Undeads are no Plants, Plants VS Zombies, hah.

So if you get two types of enemies and have Reimi and Lymle for example you won't see from which enemy that drop was. However, if it is for the Battle Leader it will count for their Battle Trophies.

Edited by Cetra

That's what I was afraid of. It would've been nice had the creatures in the Wandering Dungeon had unique rare drops opposed to the geostone. As long as I am still collecting my -ology drops, I think I will avoid the whole ambush scenario so I can ensure the proper character is receiving their drops at the end of battle.

Plants VS Zombies....luls :D

That's what I was afraid of. It would've been nice had the creatures in the Wandering Dungeon had unique rare drops opposed to the geostone. As long as I am still collecting my -ology drops, I think I will avoid the whole ambush scenario so I can ensure the proper character is receiving their drops at the end of battle.

Plants VS Zombies....luls :D

You should not avoid the Ambushes. It is still the fastest method, except for Sarah, Edge, Meracle and Bacchus. As said, you have Undeads and Plants. You end the battle. You get Geostones from both because Reimi and Lymle are in your team. Only the right Geostones for the Battle Leader count for the Battle Trophies. For Reimi the Plants, for Lymle the Zombies, you can't differ the drops and so you don't know how many you got, actually but it is not important, still very fast and you can also re-enter the area until you get a triple battle with only one type of enemies.

• 2 months later...
When I farm this drops do I have to play the whole battle as the person?

Like I'm now I Cardian Mothership to get Bacchus drops.

I make him leader, can I now switch in battle to i.e Edge and finish the battle with him?

You need to have the right character to be the battle leader when the battle ends. So Bacchus. And the Mothership is a joke of an item place.

You need to have the right character to be the battle leader when the battle ends. So Bacchus. And the Mothership is a joke of an item place.

Ok thanks.

And I follow the guide from gamefaq and he say Mothership is the best place for his drops. Is there a better place?

I think I have now ~150 drops and killed 3500 robots.