Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Item Creation issue. Desperate help required.

Ok, so I'm doing pretty well.

I'm at Gabriel Celeste. Not killed him just yet.

I've done ALL quests up to this point, as well as all treasure chests got all possible weapon data up to Gabe.

Now my issue is this:

I'm aware that there are..or should be 15 items that are troublesome until you reach the Wandering Dungeon.

I have 305 items created, so out of 321, there is one I've missed or more appropriately, ticked and is not in fact created.

Now are there any particular items that are missable getting here? I've tried various attempts to rectify this mistake to no avail.

Still sits on 305.

Or maybe this could be, there is in fact 16 to do at this point and I'm worrying for nothing.

But yeah, this is causing me alot of problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you've completed all quests up to this point - basically everything but the shop orders for Santa - then the only recipes you should be missing are the two that require you to defeat the Ethereal Queen first. You can check pretty easily from the IC interface by making sure that every item that's listed at this site on the item creation appendix is there except for two: Valkyrie's Garb under Smithing (from Barago after defeating EQ) and Tri-Emblem under Crafting (from Santa after defeating EQ). If you're missing any recipe other than those two, then that recipe is the culprit and you need to either research it or obtain the recipe memo.

If you've not missing any other recipes, then it looks like you've marked off something that you didn't actually make. I ran into that problem when I discovered that the memory plate said 310 with 10 recipes left to cross off my list. Whoops. Somewhere I'd crossed off an item I hadn't actually created :facepalm:

What I did was print up a new copy of the item creation list, made a new save file for recipe testing, and started creating everything again from the top of the list on down using the materials I had on hand (reloading as I ran out of a needed item or magic clay). I checked the memory plate after every single item looking to see if it went up. About halfway through the list, the memory plate went up after making the + version of one of the symbol cards. Apparently I had crossed both items off the list after making just the regular version. I reloaded the original save file, made the item, then saved. Problem solved.