Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Pathetic damage unless its a Critical Hit...

as the title says, im fight many different enemies and im controlling Arumat. Im in the Astral caves fighting Ice Zombies, Rock Hermits and Sucubus, but for whatever reason, unless im pulling of Critical Hits, my damage is pathetically low, like 9-12, versus 1000+ for a critical...

what the hell is that all about, i know the phantom battle Aeos does this, but i dont remember having this head ache with other enemies...:confused:

• 1 month later...

That's normal - there are quite a few enemies like that where you pretty much damage for zero unless your attack is high enough. Kokabiel is a prime example. The monsters seem to have a certain threshold, I don't know whether just high defence or some hidden armour stat, but in any case unless you can put out enough damage to break through that barrier, you won't have much effect. Once you have broken through though, the damage goes up normally as your attack power increases. Maybe it's something like if your attack is > their defence stat? Try using Berserk a lot more freely...