So why no gold?

xeowulf

I'm disappointed that the final trophy is just a silver. Other easy games like flOw and Flower give golds. I mean, heck, flOw gives a gold for just sitting on the final credits for a half hour. :p I think the only "game" I have that doesn't at least have 1 gold is Linger in Shadows, and there really wasn't much to that.

Then again, I got it for free, so I guess I can't complain too much. :p It's a fun and quirky little game.

No doubt! :p

But I didn't realize games had a limit on the trophy value. Makes a little more sense now.

I've never heard it stated, but did find it a coincidence that most disc based games have a limit of 51 trophies, pretty much confirming it

Yeah, Sony has rules for Trophies just like Microsoft has rules for Achievements. Only retail games have Platinums for instance. If you want a ton of Golds and Silvers you can't have many Bronzes, look at DC Universe Online which has no Bronze trophies, for instance.

I've never heard it stated, but did find it a coincidence that most disc based games have a limit of 51 trophies, pretty much confirming it

The limit for disc games is 70 bronze and 1 platinum (1230 points)

The limit for PSN games is 21 bronze (315 points)

For every 2 bronzes "spent" there a silver

For every 6 bronzes "spent" there a Gold

Rally-HO:cool:

Yeah, Sony has rules for Trophies just like Microsoft has rules for Achievements. Only retail games have Platinums for instance. If you want a ton of Golds and Silvers you can't have many Bronzes, look at DC Universe Online which has no Bronze trophies, for instance.

Its not just retail games that have platinums :)

Trine, Alien Breed and Dead Nation are PSN games only and they have platinums :)

The limit for disc games is 70 bronze and 1 platinum (1230 points)

The limit for PSN games is 21 bronze (315 points)

For every 2 bronzes "spent" there a silver

For every 6 bronzes "spent" there a Gold

Rally-HO:cool:

So that means...

Bronze = 15 Points

Silver = 30 Points

Gold = 90 Points

Platinum = 180 Points

Anywhere to see the number of points needed for each level up?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...