Review this game.

antoizzle

What do you rate this game?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you rate this game?

I just want to know your thoughts about this game.

I honestly thought this game was a very pleasant surprise. I much enjoyed this short journey. The puzzles have just the right difficulty as you can unlock very literal hints. The extra challenges to go towards 100% are strangely addicting to go for. This game is very innovative and fresh, and a much appreciated game to come out. I would honestly recommend to buy this game if you enjoy a good puzzle game. If not then i would strongly suggest waiting until it goes up for sale to grab this excellent game.

I end this saying i would give this an 8.5 out of 10. Excellent game with great graphics. It falls short in the length and reply value though.

I just want to know your thoughts about this game.

I honestly thought this game was a very pleasant surprise. I much enjoyed this short journey. The puzzles have just the right difficulty as you can unlock very literal hints. The extra challenges to go towards 100% are strangely addicting to go for. This game is very innovative and fresh, and a much appreciated game to come out. I would honestly recommend to buy this game if you enjoy a good puzzle game. If not then i would strongly suggest waiting until it goes up for sale to grab this excellent game.

I end this saying i would give this an 8.5 out of 10. Excellent game with great graphics. It falls short in the length and reply value though.

GameInformer also gave it an 8.5, I'd say an 8/10.... I liked the humor, the puzzles, the art style, it was a fun game, bad thing about it and also GI's review they said "moderate" as Replay Value, after beating the game and getting all trophies theres not much else to do, but thats with all single player puzzle type games besides casual puzzlers like Bejewelled or critter crunch

i think it is pretty boring....

Thats a really good review. Very in depth :whistle:

Anyway: I really enjoyed Stacking! I was looking forward to the game, and was ecstatic to find out that I got it for free with my PS:psn+: subscription. I really liked the puzzle elements, and the multiple solutions to each of them. Hi-jinx and Unique Doll "collecting" was also a really cool feature. My only gripe is that the potential of puzzles wasn't really explored until the later puzzles. I would have loved to see more puzzles where multiple dolls / abilities were required to get the job done. As for re-playability, Stacking has little to none, as after the game is 100%, there is nothing else to really do. Is it worth the $15 price? I would say no, wait til a sale, as it is a short game (I personally 100% in 4-5 hours). Bottom line: Stacking is fun, inventive, and an enjoyable journey. It gets an 8/10 from me. :D

I plan to do a more in depth review later for my site, but I'm going with 8 out of 10. Loved the style, humor and gameplay. Even though it's a bit short for the main story I think it's a lot of fun to figure out alternate solutions to puzzles and finding all the unique dolls is fun too.

Thought the game looked very good as well. Lots of life and activity in each section. Loved the final boss as well, specifically the very last part. It doesn't have much lasting appeal though, I think if I had spent 14.99 I'd be a little disappointed. I think the game is more of a 9.99 game but that's just opinion. For just about anyone who likes puzzles games, I think this would be perfect fit for them.

only got it yesterday but im already 50% through the game, seems like a decent single player puzzle game with the added bonus of it being very unique.

definitely worth £8 even though i got mine for nothing with PlaystationPlus.

an 8 game for me like, frustrating at times when trying to stack into a doll and it stacks into a completely different one and a few minor niggles with the camera but all in all one of the better games from the store since i got Peggle and Puzzle Quest.

Easy trophies aswell if you are into that kind of thing:whistle:

I voted it an 8. I loved the art style and the humor. The puzzles made me think but were never frustrating. I also enjoyed the different characters and their personalities. My gripe would be the length. Beating the story only took a couple hours and the extra solutions and hi jinks didn't really add much to the story. I hope Double Fine does more stories in this world. Also glad I got it PS+

7/10

I found the game surprisingly amusing and fun. The puzzles were sometimes challenging (slightly), but the hints provided in-game made even the toughest puzzles simple.

I think my favourite part of the entire game was the Hi-Jinks and the shear number of different and unique dolls.

To anyone thinking of playing this game (especially PS + members), I highly recommend it.

Definitely an 8. The price tag for non-Plus members is a bit steep, but the game is very entertaining and an extremely welcome change of pace from the usual gameplay these days, which mostly revolves around shooting aliens, gangsters or soldiers in the face. I pretty much finished the game in two sessions, but the hi-jinks are great, the puzzles are creative and it's even fun to just walk around and see what every unique doll can do.

I love the music, the stylistic choices and the pace of the gameplay. I see myself going back to Stacking a few months after I've finished it, just to have some more fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

fI enjoy Double Fine's games. This was no exception. I gave it a solid 8, iF I was a bit more harsh a 7 or slightly lower because there was not too much content in the game, but it was $15 for a few hours so that's fine. The DLC is overpriced though since it's $5 for around a 1 hr experience. Focusing on the main game though, it was enjoyable but when you remove everything else the gameplay is very simplistic, and I can see how people say it can get boring after a while. I was more patient with what the game had to offer, and storyline was pretty decent and humor wass pretty nice. So, as I mentioned, solid 8 for me.