Who enjoys this type of game?

xoAequitasox

quite honestly i got it free w + and was expecting like a jenga game... lmao far from it!!! well after a while of seeing 0% i told my son to play it! pft yeah right some of the shit you gotta do in this game is time consuming and redundant!

imho i fuckin hated the game, but trophies are trophies! i guess i was expecting something different and upon loading it up the 1st time was shocked by the type of game it is...

i am currrnetly playing it and will get the 705 or whatever it is (w/o DLC)... but man am i dreading picking the controlleer up again!!!

dont get me wrong its neat, but just not for me...

my question to you all is what did you think? was it what you were expecting, DID YOU ENJOY IT?

thanx guys sorry to rant and bitch...:D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this game to be quite fun, though it's ridiculously easy and it doesn't take long to complete the story. And it's nice to play a game that's unique, with a different spin on puzzle game play.

Aside from Brutal Legend, I've enjoyed every game Double Fine has put out. Let's hope they put out more like this one and Costume Quest in the future.

• 5 months later...

After playing a few titles that really drained me emotionally (heavy rain for the depressing story, Alice:Madness Returns for the despondence and gore, Red Dead for the amazing but tragic story) I found Stacking to be the perfect game to play to get a light-hearted game through my trophy case. Charlie and all the characters you can stack with are amusing and inventive in their abilities and appearance. Because its a PSN title and not a full game title, I figured it would be a quick play, but I was surprised that each solution is actually given to you directly if you want it - so the main core of the game (solving puzzles) was made slightly too easy. Nevertheless, because those clues were available and the game is as fun and quirky as it is, I found it was a much more enjoyable playthrough and exactly what I needed in a small game before moving on to a bigger title.

IMO (not that I have any right to give it) If Double Fine ever considers a sequel, I would love to see the solutions be more involved - use more than one stacked character to solve puzzles from the start instead of in the last chapter and escalate from there, or more steps to a solution (like a rube goldberg chain of events leading to a final end solution) instead of making one character make another sneeze or sick from spoiled soup, etc.

For now, though, I'm having a good time playing

• 1 month later...

I loved this game, took me about 4-5 hours to complete the main game and another 1-2 for the expansion

I gave this to my sister to play (who isn't a great gamer)... took her about 3 days but she is now asking for a Stacking II because she loved it so much

I think if you are a gamer who plays nothing but call of duty type recycled crap you will give up with this game before starting but I think if you are someone who likes to think and have a challenge then this is a great game.

I mostly play strategy games and I really did enjoy this. Well done to doublefine

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...