Double Fine and their PSN Game Glitches

CajunShooter

Geez, so far Double Fine is 2 for 2 in making downloadable games with devastating glitches in them.

First I ran into the Fry glitch in Costume Quest which made the game unbeatable and required a 2nd playthrough.

Now, with this game the Escape from the Brig glitch, while not making the game unbeatable, it is making me play through this game again to get the 100%.

Let's hope their next game doesn't suffer the same outcomes as their previous offerings.

Well Double Fine next game is an Xbox exclusive (Kinect) game. Sesame Street

Back on topic,

I never had any problem with costume quest nor stacking being glitchy on me. The only time I had to restart my console was in stacking around the final level. For some reason I couldn't stack into a girl no matter what I did, so restarted the PS3 & BOOM. Everything was OK.

The problem with Costume Quest was if you have a current save file when it got patched to I think 1.02 it corrupted the save file to where your fry costume wouldn't lure the kids to the fry stand. This made beating the game impossible. The solution was to delete the save file.

In Stacking, if you don't finish all of the Escape from the Brig solutions before you beat the level the guards will never catch you and throw you back in the Brig meaning you couldn't get the 100%.

Once again, on the Double Fine forums the only solution that was given was to restart your game and make sure you completed all the Escape the Brig scenarios before beating the level.

• 5 months later...

Folks who are having trouble obtaining 100% due to the brig-related bug don't need to play through the game a second time.

Instead, try: delete and re-install the game; upon start-up, when prompted to update, deny (:circle:); continue your game. If you don't have Charlie on the zeppelin, get him there and go make yourself known to one of the guards.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

game wont load trophies on startup error code 80022D05 no solution when i search online

I believe that's a generic trophy sync error and not game-related.

Try comparing your trophies with a friend or two's and see if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Edited by DeadlineGemini
(word correction)