For the Stupid. Like me.

linksman

Ok, so I plat'd this on my other id back when it came out. Played it for hours and never liked tricky. I had real problems with the reverse tricky tracks and golding an entire range gave me trouble because of it.

I did do it. I did the 1oo combo thing and the money ones. Fine.

I just started playing this again, just for fun and the light switch came on. Don't know how or why, but no matter how many times it was told, I never figured it out properly.

So for those as dense as I.

Avoiding TRICKY DUPLICATE TRICK.

It's not the initial jump. It's the grab after.

Typically I would press boost and jump, then circle for a grab. To keep from duping, I would alt boost with the left trigger instead. This is annoying.

To be clear, you can press nothing but the jump and then flip forward or whatever as many times as you want. I never figured that out. lol.

So an easy way to combo, point up is just hold boost all the time, Hit x to jump and then flip forward (or spin, but flipping is more points) then you can add a grab,, circle, square or triangle. Just don't do any of those three twice in a row. If you forget which, just to a quick normal jump/flip to reset.

After hours and hours of this simple fact eluding me, tricky is now easy to do for me. Even the reverse thing.

Sorry for the thread, but since the forum is dead, I hoped this might help somebody else as I continue to see posts in other places asking how to tricky up.

Mods can move or delete if they feel obliged.

Edited by linksman

Also,

Just in case anyone needs friend wins.. I went through with a couple alts to lay down low scores to beat on this second plat run for me. I will gladly let you friend them if you need to beat some friends.

I have two alts with all the runs in Alaska bronzed. that's 34 wins you can make if you haven't done Alaska yet. Plus there are a bunch of other runs around the globe if you need. Easily fifty if you haven't already put down runs scores.

If you want to friend these two, you will need to send me a message or friend request to Linksman. Put ssx alts or something in the msg and I will send you the friend requests from the alts.

I will then send you friend invites with ssx in the message from the two alts.

Hope this helps somebody.

Edit.. ok just an update, several folk have taken me up on the friends thing so, glad it helps. Don't let the date of post hinder you. If you need the rivals, don't be shy, send me a note at psn Linksman and I will send you the friendys.

Edited by linksman

• 2 months later...
Also,

Just in case anyone needs friend wins.. I went through with a couple alts to lay down low scores to beat on this second plat run for me. I will gladly let you friend them if you need to beat some friends.

I have two alts with all the runs in Alaska bronzed. that's 34 wins you can make if you haven't done Alaska yet. Plus there are a bunch of other runs around the globe if you need. Easily fifty if you haven't already put down runs scores.

If you want to friend these two, you will need to send me a message or friend request to Linksman. Put ssx alts or something in the msg and I will send you the friend requests from the alts.

I will then send you friend invites with ssx in the message from the two alts.

Hope this helps somebody.

Edit.. ok just an update, several folk have taken me up on the friends thing so, glad it helps. Don't let the date of post hinder you. If you need the rivals, don't be shy, send me a note at psn Linksman and I will send you the friendys.

I'll send you a message tomorrow if u read this. This would help alot:applause: