Most frustrating game ever?

MoonConquistador

I can't believe how much i'm tearing my hair out with this abomination of a game. I also can't understand how any developer, had they even played the original games on the PS2, can make such a monumental f*** up of this series.

Did anyone actually playtest the game before release?

Why all the new bells and whistles (pulse goggles, oxygen tanks etc). Sometimes less is more and this game could have done without all that. But its the layout of the tracks thats most worrying. Jumps that land you in crevices, the stupid rewind function.

Don't get me wrong, there are areas of the game where they dont appear to have messed with the original formula, but tracks like the New Zealand race against Griff is just an exercise in frustration. This is a race that relies more on luck than skill which is just wrong on so many levels

For shame

Edited by MoonConquistador
Quoted wrong track and added some text

Bear in mind i had just finished a hair tearing session on the track mentioned above, so it was maybe a bit of a dramatic headline. Maybe i was getting mixed up between being on N4G and PS3T

I'm all for a good challenge in a game and don't expect it to be a walkover, however there are certain parts of the game that don't feel as if they have been playtested and will require restarting a drop 30 times due to the poor track layouts (on a minority of tracks it has to be said)

My anger towards it has subsided some since completing said track

The only really frustrating thing i've found so far is that a trophy requires an event which 50,000 people participate in. I haven't seen an event with numbers anywhere near that. I haven't owned the game that long but it doesn't seem like a lot of people play it anymore, so it seems impossible.

I certainly do not agree that this is the most frustrating game ever. Wow. Have you played Super Meat Boy? I really enjoyed this game, I can't remember the old SSX games (it was so long ago).

The only really frustrating thing i've found so far is that a trophy requires an event which 50,000 people participate in. I haven't seen an event with numbers anywhere near that. I haven't owned the game that long but it doesn't seem like a lot of people play it anymore, so it seems impossible.

Agreed, it was a stupid medal on day one. They never had enough people to get this trophy so EA added a load of bots to boost numbers. Hopefully for you they'll do it every other week or so. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

The 50k badge has been patched with the newest update. So every new player will now unlock this badge right away. You just have to finish a global event for it to register.

Edited by gh0stface

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This game is not frustrating at all. To the contrary, it's incredibly fun and addicting. LOL Try gold medalling the Vettel challenges in GT5 or play anything from the Ninja Gaiden series on Master Ninja difficulty, or for that matter get ANY of my top 20 plats, then try to tell me that this game is frustrating. It's probably a 5-6/10 difficulty, 5/10 time consumption, and 9.5/10 on the fun scale. Buy SSX!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

i'm torn. i certainly don't think it's the most frustrating game ever. but certain aspects of the game are VERY frustrating to me personally. the races were quite fun, and survive is a little boring. i'm having a hell of a time figuring out how to get golds in the tricky events needed for the explore trophy. just seems far harder than the other two modes. i finally have one, out of the seven i need. some characters seem to sort of "freak out" on certain tracks and "auto-jump" into holes, won't mount grind rails, cut hard sideways, etc., but if you switch characters, the track will run perfectly. the load times for retries gets annoying too...