Peak A Boo Trophy Clarification

AllSpecies

Hi guys, apologies if this is on the forums somewhere else, but have scoured them all relating to SSX and couldn't find anything on it.

So, this trophy says participate in a global event on each peak. I understand what a peak is, however some of the peaks i believe i am missing e.g. the peaks in Patagonia, are presently "pending".

My question really is, do i have to wait until Patagonia is in fact the range of the day so to speak and playable globally? If not what is the other route around it, if any? Hope this explains my query in an easy to understand way.

Any help would be much appreciated and again i'm sorry if this is elsewhere on these forums

AllSpecies

missing this one, too.

so far i understand that it has to be a server sided global event, no custom one. and yes, you have to wait until that range is being featured. i believe they have changed the global event layout recently for unknown reasons and now only 3 or 4 ranges with only a few peaks are playable.:mad:

i'd like to know what are the intervals which they update the events in!?

Edited by Jaytech

My question really is, do i have to wait until Patagonia is in fact the range of the day so to speak and playable globally? If not what is the other route around it, if any? Hope this explains my query in an easy to understand way.

If custom events don't count, then yes, you'll have to wait. It seems they changed this to have all players focused on a few events instead of having 10-20 riders in mountain ranges like Africa and 10.000 in Alps.

thanks. it seems tho only one range gets featured. bummer. anyone got the trophy after the change?

The high range gets featured, but there should be 2 ranges per day and maybe a 3rd for the bot-50k badge.

Here's the schedule for this week:

May 7th - Mon: Patagonia (high) and Alps (low)

May 8th - Tues: Himalayas (high) and Siberia (low)

May 9th - Wed: Alaska (high) and Rockies (low)

May 10th - Thur: New Zealand (high) and Himalayas (low)

May 11th - Fri: Siberia (high) and Africa (low)

May 12th - Sat: Alps (high) and Alaska (low)

May 13th - Sun: Rockies (high) and New Zealand (low)

The Gravitude Bar • View topic - Tuner Pack/Global Event High/Low Schedule *Updated* 5/7

Thank for the schedule, I'm now playing a waiting game, badly designed part of game, at leat have events on every peak, so what if no one plays it, I prefer playing on smaller events.

The guide writer should add a little note in the road map, cos iwould have started this before explore if I knew I'd be waiting about!

Oh and anuva gay thing about this game is that there's not many events and most of the ones have 100k + drop costs , I'm finding I'm running out of money even tho I usually get gold or higher, the most credits I've had is 1.5mil and I used a mil to unlock level 11, and I've completed world tour and got all trophies in explore and haven't even bought a lot of stuff.

It sux big salty balls!

Edit: never mind, I have shitloads of credits now, heh, the annoying part Is trying to get silver on the events.

Edited by BaSHee26

Sorry for lack of updates, been a bit under the weather thanks to my niece having a really bad cold and giving it to me.

Some trophy clarification on this from Batty:

You CAN get this achievement by playing in custom events, just not ones created by YOU. So if you have a friend or another member of the community that you want to conspire with, simply have them create an event in every range and then join them all. :thumbsup

source: The Gravitude Bar • View topic - Current Global Event situation

Hey if anyone wants to add me to get this trophy I would appreciate it, I have no friends with this game, I need to do all the peaks in alps' Africa, Patagonia and Antarctica.

In return I'll start any events you need, would like to get done tonight if possible, my PSN is BaSHee26.

Thx.

Also I have lots of really easy times to beat for the other badges, this the last trophy I need so plz help me out!

EDIT. Actually don't add me plz, just realised I can do it with my spare accounts!

Edited by BaSHee26

Recent GE changes, figured I would post there here since part of it is about this trophy.

We're working on a larger tuner pack, but just to keep things interesting we made a few minor tweeks to GE's that are now in effect.

Summary:

-made the 'low roller' range have longer events in general to help accomodate players who can't play during peak hours

-made sure there is an event on all peaks in each range for achievement hunters

-went from 2 survival events on each range to 1, and made them a bit longer

-added a $5M, 5min race and trick event into Saturday and Sundays ranges. These will be The Hammer (trick) and Old School (race) on Saturday and JT2 (trick) and Last to Hit (Race) on Sunday

The ultra-short event is interesting. We tried it today. Might not work, hard to say. Crazy intense though, it's almost not enough time for a single trick run on those drops and barely enough time for 2 tries at race.

Enjoy. :thumbsup

That was certainly kind of them to consider achievement hunters. Half the time they just leave it to us to work it out, I swear :/ Of course, I suppose achievements might be considered nothing more than extras, so...

What a DISASTER!!! :confused:

I haven't played SSX for a few months, and I received so many messages from people asking me how to get this Peak-A-Boo trophy and the trophy for getting all Global Event Badges...

I didn't know what was going on, but after reading this and playing SSX again, I know what the problem is.... I'm so lucky I already got all the GE trophies and badges!!!

But if I want to help people getting this trophy, custom events made by me can be played by them and still count for the trophy?! Is this for real...???

Thanks by the way for sharing this information! :)

I THINK THIS REALLY SUCKS FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THE GLOBAL EVENT BADGES AND TROPHIES YET!!!:mad:

What a DISASTER!!! :confused:

I haven't played SSX for a few months, and I received so many messages from people asking me how to get this Peak-A-Boo trophy and the trophy for getting all Global Event Badges...

I didn't know what was going on, but after reading this and playing SSX again, I know what the problem is.... I'm so lucky I already got all the GE trophies and badges!!!

But if I want to help people getting this trophy, custom events made by me can be played by them and still count for the trophy?! Is this for real...???

Thanks by the way for sharing this information! :)

I THINK THIS REALLY SUCKS FOR ALL PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE THE GLOBAL EVENT BADGES AND TROPHIES YET!!!:mad:

Bit of an overreaction, it just means coming on once a day for a week to my knowledge

Bit of an overreaction, it just means coming on once a day for a week to my knowledge

Yes, only for one day! Not all peaks in that range are open and they don't use local time for all the different countries (which is impossible ofcourse). And if you miss one day, you can wait another week! So for people in my country it's really a pain in the ass! :confused:

Is there someone who can answer my question please? (about making custom events for others?):think:

Thanks

Yes, only for one day! Not all peaks in that range are open and they don't use local time for all the different countries (which is impossible ofcourse). And if you miss one day, you can wait another week! So for people in my country it's really a pain in the ass! :confused:

Is there someone who can answer my question please? (about making custom events for others?):think:

Thanks

I read that will work yes. Your own custom events do not work for the trophy, however, you can use a secondary account to make a custom event, then play it on your main account and that will count that range towards the trophy, but you will need to make another EA account for that I think..

Edited by Light-and-magic

I tried making custom events for myself with my second account for 3 peaks on the only range I have left to do.. played them on my first account and did not get the trophy.

Can anyone even confirm this trophy is possible after patch?

or post a new schedule please?

http://www.facebook.com/easportsssx

Yesterday we teased that we were updating Global Events and now that those changes are live we're happy to share with you what's new.

We will now have events on every range/peak in the game (much like we did before) as well as still have a... 'featured' range-of-the-day that has 'high-roller', short-running global events with a banner from the main menu pointing players to it.

We will also have one (different each day) 24 hour, $1M entry winner-take-all event every day with a menu bar banner directing players to it.

This should make those of you who have been missing the ability to play on all the ranges much happier, while still retaining the benefits of the recent feature range approach.

Comment below to tell us what you think of these Global Event changes.

LIKE this post if you plan on playing SSX this week!

• 2 months later...