XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > S (PS3) > SSX

Old 04-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Death zone too hard!!!

How am I suppose to beat this???? Stupid mt no guard rails....

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gro...ta-owners.html

Lilrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 5 Champions - EBGobblins   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)

Yes it's frustrating. Keep trying. Several things took me hours and multiple days. You will be proud to have this platinum.

Update your progress > How many games have you played and how many have you completed?

Working on completion ratio. Cleaning up old games now.
kfree7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Do you actually have to beat Death Zone for the platinum? I found it hard enough to get down there

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Assassin's Creed II, Burnout Paradise, Ratchet and Clank: a Crack in Time, inFamous, inFamous 2, Ashes Cricket 2009, International Cricket 2010, Prince of Persia: the Forgotten Sands and Jak and Daxter: The Precusor Legacy

Feel free to add me for some SSX
Munkeh111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Death Zones Dead easy excuse the pun but i can do it sub 2 Minutes every time just grab a wingsuit and fly through everything.
ff8fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's very hard... and like all the other runs in the game, you just have to crash enough to learn the course and then once you know where you are going, you have to wait for your lucky run.

This one was one of the toughest for me. If I wasn't ahead of Griff before dropping down the hole, I started over.

That and the section after the very first big jump with the suit seemed to be critical for me.

After that, it's just trying to put it together. I must have done it dozens of times. when I finally got to the chopper before him I couldn't believe it.

Yes on the plat.. Its one of the badges to beat Griff on all of them. Death Zone was by far my worst.

Oh.. and Death Zone is a 3 minute race... not sub 2 min.

Last edited by Gretty; 04-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Gretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretty View Post
It's very hard... and like all the other runs in the game, you just have to crash enough to learn the course and then once you know where you are going, you have to wait for your lucky run.

This one was one of the toughest for me. If I wasn't ahead of Griff before dropping down the hole, I started over.

That and the section after the very first big jump with the suit seemed to be critical for me.

After that, it's just trying to put it together. I must have done it dozens of times. when I finally got to the chopper before him I couldn't believe it.

Yes on the plat.. Its one of the badges to beat Griff on all of them. Death Zone was by far my worst.

Oh.. and Death Zone is a 3 minute race... not sub 2 min.
Are you referring to the badges required to get the Golden Campaign trophy? I did not complete the Death Zone and I still got the trophy. As far as I know, you only need to do this to unlock Griff (if you didn't shell out the 50K credits to unlock him in Explore or Global Events). I found that course extremely annoying as well. I just left it alone to work on other badges. I may go back to it just for the heck of it.
Jasevar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

You must have beat him in world tour, you do have to do that to get the plat. You have to do all the descents. You also have to do it with no rewinds if you didn't do it that way when you did it the first time.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

i learned this track in about half an hour. I grew to love this track, its def one of my favourites. first part is easy, in the darkness, just stay to the right, there are no holes there. Then the next part just keep it simple, once you are on the wingsuit parts, try to get into tricky, the last part just boost too the finish, and dont forget to jump too the heli

sub 2min is def possible, check out this run (the game was 4 days released) you can skip the darkness section ( i tried it but i always fell into a death zone, maybe they fixed this with the patch) my time on this track is about 2.44, tricky score 18 mil, decent 27.xxx meter if you would like to know

Last edited by beek; 04-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
beek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't believe sub 2 min is possible anymore.. I wasn't counting glitching the game when I talked about this run. I don't know if they patched this specific area or not, but you are not meant to be able to jump over mountains.

People use this sort of exploit to post times online.. which is why they made the effort to do away with it.

Another reason why people left this game in droves. People don't want to compete with stuff like that for the most part. imop.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

I can assure you it is possible if you check the current race global event on death zone you will find my name and my ghost in the diamond bracket with a time of 1:55. I did not use any glitches.

(using a wing-suit to the best of you ability is not glitching or an exploit its a wing-suit and tbh you jump over no mountains on death zone just glide around them)

also as note i was not aware you could wing-suit over the mountain i just wing-suit down the hole and right through the cavern plus its quicker anyway.

Last edited by ff8fanatic; 04-09-2012 at 11:54 PM.
ff8fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote